CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
edited January 2008 in Strut Central
that's my WORD.

Comments

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    HANOI HILTON OR NOT HE IS A RIGHT WING CUM LAPPER

FUCKK HIM SO HARD WITH AN M16 ALL THE WAY BACK TO BEING A POW

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Dude's a maniac, scares the shit out of me. If he gets elected we're going futher and deeper into war than we ever could imagine.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts

• It sounds kind of fucked up to discriminate this way, but...

I don't want a dude who was tortured for years in a prison camp to be the leader of our country. He could snap at any second.

• Unfortunately, that's the next President of the United States you're talking about.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Unfortunately, that's the next President of the United States you're talking about.

• I really hope I'm wrong.

But I think that, although Billary lost South Carolina, they will win Super Tuesday. And Hillary Clinton will lose the general election, KeithVanHorn be damned.

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    I'm no right winger but you have to respect the guy for going against
    the Republican grain on more than one occasion.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    Isnt his son in Iraq?

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

You feel into their trap, dude.

• I'm no right winger but you have to respect the guy for going against

Against the what now? Not where it counts me thinks.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

yep

and i truly agree with paychex, hilary wins..dems lose...mccain sings...

i truly hope this ode not take place but every last election world wide has had the worst results...so

• I have never seen so many pleats on one single pair of pants before.

• I have never seen so many pleats on one single pair of pants before.

When I think pleats..I think Republican.

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts

Didn't say I'd ever vote for the guy, but given the choice of a couple spineless
    flip floppers (Mit and Rudy) and another religious zealot (huckanut), I'd say he's the
    lesser of all the evils.

I'll hopefully be casting my vote for Barak in November, Jah willing.

• and i truly agree with paychex, hilary wins..dems lose...mccain sings...

i keep thinking THIS is why the media keeps marginalizing Edwards...

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts

Didn't say I'd ever vote for the guy, but given the choice of a couple spineless
    flip floppers (Mit and Rudy) and another religious zealot (huckanut), I'd say he's the
    lesser of all the evils.

So you want to go up against their strongest, least crazy candidate? I'll take those other two in a heartbeat if we're talking about a general election. Either one would probably be a walk, even for Hillary....

And dude, where have you been the last couple years, McCain hasn't had credibility in a minute...

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I really hope I'm wrong.

But I think that, although Billary lost South Carolina, they will win Super Tuesday. And Hillary Clinton will lose the general election, KeithVanHorn be damned.

I don't know. I'm def worried about this outcome, but there are a lot of people who don't normally vote who are coming out for Barack. The polls don't seem to be taking that into account. And he also gets a significant push for Super Tuesday after winning by such a large margin in SC.

God I coudn't take it if it came down to Hillary and McCain. At least no Guiliani in that scenario.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    HANOI HILTON OR NOT HE IS A RIGHT WING CUM LAPPER

FUCKK HIM SO HARD WITH AN M16 ALL THE WAY BACK TO BEING A POW

But do you like him?

Isnt his son in Iraq?

Yes.

He is quite about it.

Kind of thing that makes people respect him.

But please remember, he wants to see decisive US victories in Afganistan and Iraq (and Iran and Syria and North Korea?). He knows that it is not going to happen without lots of troops and lots of equipment. Look for a draft and bombings and weapons making on scale previously unimaginable if (when) he is elected.

lesser of all the evils.

So you want to go up against their strongest, least crazy candidate? I'll take those other two in a heartbeat if we're talking about a general election. Either one would probably be a walk, even for Hillary....

And dude, where have you been the last couple years, McCain hasn't had credibility in a minute...

One of my first roommates, back around 1974 was working for a right wing Xian think tank in No Va. She told me they like Ron Regan for president. "The actor? The Governor who had the National Guard kill a kid because he wanted a park? And then bragged about it?" 6 years later I was laughing my ass off when they tried to run him for president.

W? The failed business man? The guy who can't talk? Who doesn't know the name of the leader of Pakistan? Mr Execution?

Who's laughing now?

• Isnt his son in Iraq?

Yes.

He is quite about it.

Kind of thing that makes people respect him.

But please remember, he wants to see decisive US victories in Afganistan and Iraq (and Iran and Syria and North Korea?). He knows that it is not going to happen without lots of troops and lots of equipment. Look for a draft and bombings and weapons making on scale previously unimaginable if (when) he is elected.

Hahahaha! You can come back to the real world any minute now.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

lesser of all the evils.

One of my first roommates, back around 1974 was working for a right wing Xian think tank in No Va. She told me they like Ron Regan for president. "The actor? The Governor who had the National Guard kill a kid because he wanted a park? And then bragged about it?" 6 years later I was laughing my ass off when they tried to run him for president.

W? The failed business man? The guy who can't talk? Who doesn't know the name of the leader of Pakistan? Mr Execution?

Who's laughing now?

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    The Governor who had the National Guard kill a kid because he wanted a park?

What? Tell me more.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

What? Tell me more.

Some kid said "I would like a park" so Reagan ordered the National Guard to kill him.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

What? Tell me more.

Some kid said "I would like a park" so Reagan ordered the National Guard to kill him.

• The Governor who had the National Guard kill a kid because he wanted a park?

What? Tell me more.

It was in a place called (in San Fran I believe) Peoples Park, which was "occupied" by hippies much to the consternation of Governor Dipshit and his ilk. They moved in to force them out and a kid got killed. Maybe 1968, but Laser would probably know better.

What? Tell me more.

^^^^^^^That sums it up. Here is a longer version.

[edit] "Bloody Thursday" and its aftermath
    During its first three weeks, People's Park was enjoyed and appreciated by University students and local residents alike. Telegraph Ave. merchants were particularly appreciative of the community's efforts to improve the neighborhood.[9][10] Objections to the expropriation of University property tended to be mild, even among school administrators.

Governor Ronald Reagan had been publicly critical of University administrators for tolerating student demonstrations at the Berkeley campus, and he had received enormous popular support for his 1966 gubernatorial campaign promise to crack down on what was perceived as the generally lax attitude at California's public universities. Reagan called the Berkeley campus "a haven for communist sympathizers, protesters and sex deviants."[11]

Reagan considered the creation of the park a direct leftist challenge to the property rights of the University, and he found in it an opportunity to make good on his campaign promise. Reagan decided to put an end to People's Park, and he proclaimed "If there has to be a bloodbath, then let's get it over with."[/b][12]

Governor Reagan overrode Chancellor Heyns' May 6, 1969 promise that nothing would be done without warning, and on Thursday, May 15, 1969 at 4:45 a.m., he sent 250 California Highway Patrol and Berkeley police officers into People's Park. The officers cleared an 8-block area around the park while a large section of what had been planted was destroyed and an 8-foot tall perimeter chain-link wire fence was installed to keep people out and to prevent the planting of more trees, grass, flowers and shrubs.

Beginning at noon, approximately 3,000 people jammed into nearby Sproul Plaza at U.C. Berkeley for a rally, the original purpose of which was to discuss the Arab-Israeli conflict. Several people spoke, then Michael Lerner ceded the Free Speech platform to ASUC Student Body President Dan Siegel because students were concerned about the fencing-off and destruction of the park. Siegel said later that he never intended to precipitate a riot; however when he shouted "Let's take back the park!," police turned off the sound system.[13] This angered the crowd, and they responded spontaneously, moving down Telegraph Avenue toward People's Park chanting "We want the park!"[14]

Arriving in the early afternoon, protestors were met by the remaining 159 Berkeley and University police officers assigned to guard the fenced-off park site. Protestors opened a fire hydrant, the officers fired tear gas canisters, some protestors attempted to tear down the fence, and bottles and rocks were thrown. A major confrontation ensued between law enforcement and the unruly crowd. Initial attempts to disperse the protestors were not successful, so more officers were called in from surrounding cities.

Reagan's Chief of Staff, Edwin Meese III, was a former district attorney from Alameda County, where he had established a reputation for firmness in dealing with those protesting the Vietnam War at the Oakland Induction Center and elsewhere. Meese was put in charge of governmental response to the People's Park protest, and he called in the Alameda County Sheriff's deputies, which brought the total police presence to 791 officers from various jurisdictions.[11]

In keeping with Governor Reagan's "bloodbath" statement, the police were given carte blanche to use whatever methods they chose against crowds[/b] that swelled to approximately 6,000 people. Officers in full riot gear (helmets, shields and gas masks) obscured their badges to avoid being identified and headed into the crowds with nightsticks swinging.

The most aggressive were the Alameda County Sheriff's deputies???later dubbed "The Blue Meanies"???who resorted to using shotguns loaded with "00" buckshot. "00" buckshot consists of lead pellets that are much larger, and thus more lethal, than the birdshot that is occasionally used for crowd control. The Alameda County Sheriff's deputies used shotguns to fire "00" buckshot at people sitting on the roof at the Telegraph Repertory Cinema, fatally wounding student James Rector and permanently blinding carpenter Alan Blanchard. Neither man was a protestor.[8]

As the protestors retreated, the Alameda County Sheriff's deputies chased them several blocks down Telegraph Avenue as far as Willard Junior High School at Derby Street, firing tear gas cannisters and "00" buckshot into their backs as they fled. At least one tear gas cannister landed on the school grounds[citation needed]. Many people, including innocent bystanders, suffered permanent injuries, some with as many as a hundred lead pellet wounds in their scalps, necks, backs, buttocks and thighs. One man, John Willard, lived for years in intractable pain with lead pellets lodged near his spine.[citation needed]

At least 128 Berkeley citizens were admitted to local hospitals for head trauma, shotgun wounds, and other serious injuries inflicted by law enforcement. The actual number of seriously wounded was likely much higher, because many of the injured did not seek treatment at local hospitals to avoid being arrested.[/b][15] Many more protestors and bystanders were treated for minor injuries. Local hospital logs show that 19 police officers or Alameda County Sheriff's deputies were treated for minor injuries; none were hospitalized.[16]

The authorities initially claimed that only birdshot had been used as shotgun ammunition. When physicians provided "00" pellets removed from the wounded as evidence that buckshot had been used,[17] Sheriff Frank Madigan of Alameda County justified the use of shotguns loaded with lethal buckshot by stating "... the choice was essentially this: to use shotguns???because we didn't have the available manpower???or retreat and abandon the City of Berkeley to the mob."[citation needed] Sheriff Madigan did admit, however, that some of his deputies (many of whom were Vietnam War veterans) had been overly aggressive in their pursuit of the protestors, "as though they were Viet Cong."[18][19]

Governor Reagan declared a state of emergency in Berkeley and sent in 2,700 National Guard troops???ironically some Guardsmen were student protestors called to active duty.[11] The Berkeley City Council voted 8-1 against the decision to occupy their city,[20][21] however this vote was ignored. For two weeks the streets of Berkeley were barricaded with rolls of barbed wire, and freedom of assembly was denied as National Guard helicopters sprayed tear gas on anyone who gathered in more than small groups.

On Wednesday, May 21, 1969, a midday memorial was held for student James Rector at Sproul Plaza on the University campus. Rector had suffered massive internal injuries from his shotgun wounds, finally dying at Herrick Hospital on May 19.[/b] In his honor, several thousand people peacefully assembled to listen to speakers remembering his life. Without warning, National Guard troops surrounded Sproul Plaza, donned their gas masks, and pointed their bayonets inward, while helicopters dropped CS gas directly on the trapped crowd. No escape was possible, and the gas caused acute respiratory distress, disorientation, temporary blindness and vomiting. Many people, including children and the elderly, were injured during the ensuing panic. The gas was so intense that breezes carried it into Cowell Memorial Hospital, endangering patients, interrupting operations and incapacitating nurses. Students at nearby Jefferson and Franklin elementary schools were also affected.[8][22]

During the occupation, National Guard troops were stationed in front of Berkeley's empty lots to prevent protestors from planting flowers, shrubs or trees. Young hippie women taunted and teased the troops, on one occasion handing out marijuana-laced brownies and lemonade spiked with LSD.[8] A few stripped to the waist and danced for the young recruits, who tried to hide their smiles from superiors. Citizens who dared ask questions of National Guard commanders, or engage them in debate, were threatened with violence.

A curfew was established, and protestors jumped fences after dark to plant flowers in the guarded lots. Guardsmen destroyed the flowers each morning. Protestors, their faces hidden with scarves, goaded and harassed police and National Guard troops. Hundreds were arrested, and Berkeley citizens who found it necessary to venture out during curfew hours risked police harassment or beatings.

The battle lines were drawn, Flower Children versus The Establishment; the conflict mirrored widespread 1960s societal tensions that tended to flow along generational lines regarding the war in Vietnam, race relations, sexual mores, women's rights, traditional modes of authority, experimentation with psychedelic drugs and opposing interpretations of The American Dream.[23]

On May 30, 1969, 30,000 Berkeley citizens (out of a population of 100,000) secured a Berkeley city permit and marched without incident past barricaded People's Park to protest Governor Reagan's occupation of their city, the death of James Rector, the blinding of Alan Blanchard and the many injuries inflicted by law enforcement. Young girls slid flowers down the muzzles of bayonetted National Guard rifles,[24] and a small airplane flew over the city trailing a banner that read, "Let A Thousand Parks Bloom."[25][26]

The events at Berkeley during May, 1969 foreshadowed an even more violent confrontation in Ohio less than a year later. On May 4, 1970, the same societal tensions that precipitated "Bloody Thursday" erupted once again at Kent State University in an incident that came to be known as the Kent State shootings. There, National Guardsmen armed with high-powered rifles fired without warning into a crowd of students protesting the bombing of Cambodia, killing four students and seriously wounding nine.

No police officers, Alameda County Sheriff's deputies or National Guardsmen were disciplined for their actions. The violence at Berkeley and Kent State did, however, cause America to reexamine its conscience with respect to its treatment of disaffected American youth. The next few years brought an end to the Vietnam War and the flowering of a broad array of societal changes: minority rights, women's rights, citizen review boards for law enforcement, less lethal crowd control methods and an increased tolerance of public dissent and diversity in American life.

• i heart peoples park

i recommend anyone in the area to enjoy a free afternoon meal, every weekday at 3pm, with foodnotbombs.

ronreagan, rest in piss

mccain...scary scary dude. warning:he may get a lot of latino votes

• i heart peoples park

i recommend anyone in the area to enjoy a free afternoon meal, every weekday at 3pm, with foodnotbombs.

ronreagan, rest in piss

mccain...scary scary dude. warning:he may get a lot of latino votes

I agree that he's scary. Please to 'splain the Latino votes thingy.

PS He dropped a reference to Hillary sending up the "white flag of surrender" the other day. Dumbfuck.