Guys you thought were girls, vice versa

Comments

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

I have sick ass soul records in my collection and I cut like hell for the Timberlake records. Deal with it.

Sorry buddies, but that's a real credibility killer right there.

• I DON'T LIKE "THEY ALL ASKED FOR YOU" EITHER. DEAL!

I DON'T LIKE "THEY ALL ASKED FOR YOU" EITHER. DEAL!

Noone ever asked you or anyone else to like it...just to couple pretending to be Meters expert #1 with even an inkling of what their biggest song in their hometown actually was/is.

But Timberlake...yes, I am asking you with everything I've got to withdraw your affection for him right away.

• GambleGamble 844 Posts
    I can't really wrap my head around the timberlake hate. I can understand someone not loving his music - I'm certainly a fan but I can see how it might rub people the wrong way. But to actually claim he isnt talented, like I've heard some do? INSANE. FUCKIN INSANE. The dude is one of the very most talented people in the entire industry, and certainly in the commercial/mainstream spotlight. Dudes got an insane voice, makes great decisions concerning who he surrounds himself with (dude picked producers that changed him from a boy band kid into an artist), and for bonus beat even dances. Plays guitar and Piano relativly well too. Why Hate?

I can't really wrap my head around the timberlake hate. I can understand someone not loving his music - I'm certainly a fan but I can see how it might rub people the wrong way. But to actually claim he isnt talented, like I've heard some do? INSANE. FUCKIN INSANE. The dude is one of the very most talented people in the entire industry, and certainly in the commercial/mainstream spotlight. Dudes got an insane voice, makes great decisions concerning who he surrounds himself with (dude picked producers that changed him from a boy band kid into an artist), and for bonus beat even dances. Plays guitar and Piano relativly well too. Why Hate?

Because it's just a matter of opinion that he does any of those things well. And while he indeed does sing, dance, and play instruments...I've yet to hear him do any of those well. To me, it's like anyone who likes him HAS to be saying anything positive about him as such: JT is pretty good at __________ for a soft batch white boy. And he's definitely not original in any way, I can tell you that without opinion being any part of it.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    JT is pretty good at __________ for a soft batch white boy. And he's definitely not original in any way, I can tell you that without opinion being any part of it.

Is this the part where you note that we collectively have the heart of a milk dud?

Even if his abilities are limited to choosing the right collaborators (which I definitely don't think is the case), he has still been a part of some very original music.

• Yeah "dick in a Box" was funny...but aside from that...

"Original"? Nobody will give a fuck in 10 years time and a few of his tunes will end up on "Now, thats what I call music" volumes 287 and 321. Thats about it...Clearly the 30 something males on this board who ride are in the minority in the JT fanbase demographic pie-chart...dude makes music for 15 year oll girls, even though he is trying to do otherwise...yawn.

JT is pretty good at __________ for a soft batch white boy. And he's definitely not original in any way, I can tell you that without opinion being any part of it.

Is this the part where you note that we collectively have the heart of a milk dud?

Even if his abilities are limited to choosing the right collaborators (which I definitely don't think is the case), he has still been a part of some very original music.

You mean by recruiting the most derivative producers hip-hip-crossover has ever seen???

I wholeheartedly disagree.

"Original"? Nobody will give a fuck in 10 years time and a few of his tunes will end up on "Now, thats what I call music" volumes 287 and 321. Thats about it...Clearly the 30 something males on this board who ride are in the minority in the JT fanbase demographic pie-chart...dude makes music for 15 year oll girls, even though he is trying to do otherwise...yawn.

Pretty much everything you just said is wrong.

SoulStrut '08: speak not on what you know not

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    I still don't know if that Pump Up The Jam technotronic chick/dude is a chick or a dude.

For a long time I thought King Floyd was a woman.

And when I first heard the cher vocoder/pitch correct Beleive song I thought it was a dude singing.

• "Original"? Nobody will give a fuck in 10 years time and a few of his tunes will end up on "Now, thats what I call music" volumes 287 and 321. Thats about it...Clearly the 30 something males on this board who ride are in the minority in the JT fanbase demographic pie-chart...dude makes music for 15 year oll girls, even though he is trying to do otherwise...yawn.

No it is not wrong...I happened to be drving past the fed ex forum when he played here...youngsters by the thousands milling about, the only grown folks were parents taking their kiddies to the show...we have JT saturation in his "alledged" hometown of Memphis, I know more about dude than you realize..

edit: I am wrong it seems...he is on volumes 19, 25 and 26 of "NTWICM"...

No it is not wrong...I happened to be drving past the fed ex forum when he played here...youngsters by the thousands milling about, the only grown folks were parents taking their kiddies to the show...we have JT saturation in his "alledged" hometown of Memphis, I know more about dude than you realize..

[faux_rillz]"You're lucky he even performed for you!" he screams. "If anybody has a problem with him, you deal with me!"[/faux_rillz]

Your claims in support of your credibility:

1. I drove by a venue where he was performing!

2. I live in his hometown (where he isn't really from)!

Neither of these have anything to do with the fact that you simply don't listen to contemporary R&B--the type of music that he makes--and therefore aren't qualified to dismiss what he's doing.

• "Original"? Nobody will give a fuck in 10 years time and a few of his tunes will end up on "Now, thats what I call music" volumes 287 and 321. Thats about it...Clearly the 30 something males on this board who ride are in the minority in the JT fanbase demographic pie-chart...dude makes music for 15 year oll girls, even though he is trying to do otherwise...yawn.

Neither of these have anything to do with the fact that you simply don't listen to contemporary R&B--the type of music that he makes--and therefore aren't qualified to dismiss what he's doing.

DUDE, CONTEMPORARY R&B IS SHOVED DOWN ONE'S THROAT IN THIS TOWN.

I am subjected to it CONSTANTLY. I have heard a shit-ton of JT, His face is(was) plastered all over town, you couldnt turn on the news without hearing about him, watching interviews of him, OR HIS VERY YOUNG FANS...I am qualified as a fan of popular music to dismiss what he is doing. Isnt that all it takes to form an opinion about a type of music or an artist's work? Yes.

DUDE, CONTEMPORARY R&B IS SHOVED DOWN ONE'S THROAT IN THIS TOWN.

I am subjected to it CONSTANTLY. I have heard a shit-ton of JT, His face is(was) plastered all over town, you couldnt turn on the news without hearing about him, watching interviews of him, OR HIS VERY YOUNG FANS...I am qualified as a fan of popular music to dismiss what he is doing. Isnt that all it takes to form an opinion about a type of music or an artist's work? Yes.

Damn, you sound kind of heated.

As if contemporary R&B had been forced upon you the way the military uses Eminem to torture detainees.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    Yeah "dick in a Box" was funny...but aside from that...

yes, 15 year old girls never remember the music they listened to when they were 15, so clearly timberlake will be forgotten

• JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE

Oh wait a minute he is a girl (in my mind)

Dude has about as much soul as grandpa's old leather worn out shoes

I always get a kick when people say he's a good "R&B" singer

He's about as good a R&B singer as BRITNEY SPEARS is

careful dude. when his last album dropped (before your time here), it was hailed on the strut as a "classic" on "multiple levels" including the cover art.

plus he collects records and is from Memphis so he gets a pass for his douchebag music I guess.

As far as his album being called a classic on here,i'm glad i missed that thread,i would've screamed at ya'll on that one..Yeah,i know,it's all opinions,and opinions are like assholes,everyone has one..Except not everyone's stinks

I'll stick with real cats like Marvin Gaye and Sly Stone,ya'll can have Justin "Bubblegum pop muisc wanna be a r&b singer" Timberlake

I have sick ass soul records in my collection and I cut like hell for the Timberlake records. Deal with it.

Ok buddy,good for you

Sissy pop music

It's called a opinion,deal with it

Nothing against you Johhny

• I have sick ass soul records in my collection and I cut like hell for the Timberlake records. Deal with it.

And all along i thought 99% of Justin's fans were 12-18 year old females

Guess i was wrong

• I find your opinion to be mad faulty son.

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts

i'm sorry, but these chicks are DUDES. deal.

• I have sick ass soul records in my collection and I cut like hell for the Timberlake records. Deal with it.

And I used to be the BIGGEST Timberlake hater. Then I caught the albums, then that show that was up on HBO for a while. I remember telling my girl that this guy is actually really Frickin' talented. And trying to compare him to someone like Prince or MJ (which, by the way was 20 years ago when they were this big) is wasted breath.

As far as the "Pop r&b" type of sound today..USHER kills Justin on the dancin AND singing tip,not even close

And i'm not even a fan of USHER

• JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE

Oh wait a minute he is a girl (in my mind)

Dude has about as much soul as grandpa's old leather worn out shoes

I always get a kick when people say he's a good "R&B" singer

He's about as good a R&B singer as BRITNEY SPEARS is

careful dude. when his last album dropped (before your time here), it was hailed on the strut as a "classic" on "multiple levels" including the cover art.

Please don't get it twisted: both his albums are classix. [/quote

To you buddy,to you

Kills me that just because a artist sells a million records,and a lot of people call it a classic,that must mean it's a classic to everyone..Right?

It's not a classic if you don't like the artist

That would be like me saying "Yeah,that Tim McGraw cd is classic" well,i don't listen to Tim McGraw,so he has nothing that's classic to me

Guess i was wrong

What's up with all this hate for music that's supposedly directed at young women.

I work out tough every day to "Way I Are" and I dedicate a couple of reps to all you little internet dudes that wanna hate on "girl music".

(YES, PASUE)

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts

Guess i was wrong

What's up with all this hate for music that's supposedly directed at young women.

I work out tough every day to "Way I Are" and I dedicate a couple of reps to all you little internet dudes that wanna hate on "girl music".

(YES, PASUE)

I thought you didn't take this ish seriously faux. Thanks for the funny mental images. Faux working up i sweat to timberlake in tight fluoro lycra.

• And all along i thought 99% of Justin's fans were 12-18 year old females

Guess i was wrong

Seriously.

I guess these guys are just comfortable dismissing a large amount of pop music made over the last 50+ years.

Clearly, music directed at 30something, record-fetishist dudes is the only way to go.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I don't see what's so bad about Timberlake.

Nobody has to like his music, but dudes get extra
    super-special asshurt over him, like he made it with
    their girlfriend or something.

I thought his most recent album was pretty good, for what it was.

Guess i was wrong

(YES, PASUE)

I thought you didn't take this ish seriously faux.

It is exceedingly serious.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Timberlake vs. Winehouse

Who wins?

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Timberlake vs. Bacon

• brazilian singstress Simone was a dude as far as i was concerned when my mom'd play her tunes. impulsively, her name didnt help either.