Guys you thought were girls, vice versa

124»

Comments

• Let's talk more concretely and less subjectively - who would win in a wrestling match?

Bjork would whip the shit outta JT

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    apples and oranges is right ... i dont really listen to bjork but my last ex loved her so i'm not about to make a big deal out of it. but if you compare JUST the work each artist did with timbaland, he's a much more effective collaborator with JT than he ever was or will be w/ bjork.

• LOL @ the idea of Bjork's music--and, specifically, her collaborations with hip-hop producers--being in any way superior to Timberlake's.

although we hit a brick wall on our opinions a while ago, this statement has driven the final nail in the coffin on this point...the fact that you say JT>Bjork just proves to me you are bat shit insane...

Whilst I disagree with Faux Rilla on that point as well, it should be said that he wasn't the one comparing apples with oranges.

no the original point was that he was unique and interesting because of his collaborations, and Bjork's collaboration was another apple as she is a white pop artist collaborating with a well known hip hop producer...JT is also a white pop artist that collaborated with well known hip hop producer, the same one in fact..and Bjork made a better record with said producer IMO

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Let's talk more concretely and less subjectively - who would win in a wrestling match?

Bjork would fuck Justin's shit right up.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    IMO
    u rong

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

LOL @ the idea of Bjork's music--and, specifically, her collaborations with hip-hop producers--being in any way superior to Timberlake's.

although we hit a brick wall on our opinions a while ago, this statement has driven the final nail in the coffin on this point...the fact that you say JT>Bjork just proves to me you are bat shit insane...

Whilst I disagree with Faux Rilla on that point as well, it should be said that he wasn't the one comparing apples with oranges.

no the original point was that he was unique and interesting because of his collaborations, and Bjork's collaboration was another apple as she is a white pop artist collaborating with a well known hip hop producer...JT is also a white pop artist that collaborated with well known hip hop producer, the same one in fact..and Bjork made a better record with said producer IMO

When it came to reading comprehension, you got an F.

My point was never that JT is "unique and interesting because of his collaborations"--it was that even if you are inclined to give the lion's share of the credit to his collaborators, you cannot credibly deny that he has been a part of some interesting music.

• Oh, and back on topic: the catty online persona known as "grandpa shig"

meow meow

• ps

faux ur hair is frikin ugly

• pss

and by hair i meant "head" and by ugly i meant "misshapen"

LOL @ the idea of Bjork's music--and, specifically, her collaborations with hip-hop producers--being in any way superior to Timberlake's.

OK, well, I guess it comes down to how you define "pop". Bjork has made pop records, no doubt, but in most respects, she's about as avant-garde as it's possible for a pop artist to get nowadays. People expect oddball, left-field shit from Bjork, and are more accepting of it. Justin, on the other hand, is someone from a straight-up pop background who's trying to make a different kind of pop record, arguably one that's a little more grown-up. But he gets it in the neck because people like him are perceived to make "sissy pop music" for "15 year old beckys", and I seriously doubt that he'd get any love from certain quarters even if Timbaland were to make the best record he'd ever made with him.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    Bjork is 1000x the artist that JT could ever hope to be. Also, bjork was never in a boy band.

• I really couldn't imagine Usher even attempting the kind of creative hard-left that a record like "Future Sex/Love Sounds" would represent for someone in his position.

"Dat Girl" off his new record is a 100 x weirder and more interesting/harder hitting than anything timberlake has ever done

Link

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    pss

That's not me--it's Justin Timberlake.

I'm the sweaty guy with the backwards-slung guitar.

Also: I don't think that's his head.

• pss

That's not me--it's Justin Timberlake.

I'm the sweaty guy with the backwards-slung guitar.

Also: I don't think that's his head.

nice accessorizing with the guitar sling. but thats entirely too much cologne youre wearing.

I really couldn't imagine Usher even attempting the kind of creative hard-left that a record like "Future Sex/Love Sounds" would represent for someone in his position.

"Dat Girl" off his new record is a 100 x weirder and more interesting/harder hitting than anything timberlake has ever done

Link

Yeah, I heard that about a month ago, maybe? It's good. Different for Rich Harrison, too. Like I said, I'd like to see Usher push himself in fresh directions, and this is a good sign.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    but thats entirely too much cologne youre wearing.

lmao!!

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts

Damn, the 80s were confusing.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Most recently, NZ_Shadow's avatar:

I was so uncertain, I had to google to find out he
    was a man ... which was a little unsettling because
    up until then I thought he was a fairly cute girl ...

That fairly cute girl today:

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    he looked more like a girl when avatars were smaller