Options

MacWorld '08

edited January 2008 in Strut Central
Is it too early for rumors? What are they going to do this year to top the iPhone drop from last year? I haven't heard much other than an improved iPhone. Aser, Odub...spill it.

Comments

• Personal Robot.

• Options
    Personal Robot.

I got one, all it says is "Happy Birthday Paulie". Must run on Windows.

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    ultra portable laptop that is half flash half regular hd.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    I wish I was at CES right now tho...

I need this in my life.
    http://gizmodo.com/341413/alienware-curved-monitor-looks-like-its-from-another-planet

Anyone see Bill Gates last day video? Funny stuff... I like the part where Bill ask Jay about retirement.

Video: Bill Gates Last Day CES Clip

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Personal Robot.

I got one, all it says is "Happy Birthday Paulie". Must run on Windows.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    is anyone going? anyone been before?
    i'm going to be there for the first time this year - what can i expect other than legions of

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    i'm going to be there for the first time this year - what can i expect other than legions of

It used to be great years back, I went every year for about five years cause it was free. Used to be giveaways for DAYS, you'd walk out of there with so much stuff. Now everyone has their booth, but it's not as hands-on as it used to be, lots of displays but not as many chances to try things out. The big Apple section has rows of their products to play with and one big stage where they have round the clock demos of their latest schitt.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

I'm posting from the CES show right now. I'm in the G4 truck preparing, we go to air in 2 hours.

Mac had nothng major to report, at least not major enough to get any special coverage from us. We imagine they may have some nexGen iPhone news, but thats it.

Feel free to ask questions.

I got MalusAreana (AKA Spidey) in the other truck running b-roll tapes)

-GuzTECH

It used to be great years back, I went every year for about five years cause it was free. Used to be giveaways for DAYS, you'd walk out of there with so much stuff. Now everyone has their booth, but it's not as hands-on as it used to be, lots of displays but not as many chances to try things out. The big Apple section has rows of their products to play with and one big stage where they have round the clock demos of their latest schitt.

"the good ol' days, the good ol' days... everybody's talking about the good ol' days"

naw, thanks for the input. i'm only going up for the s.jobs keynote then i'm out. i'm sure youre right about the fall-off but i definitely still look forward to the experience.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    i think they'll probably just introduce thinner & lighter macbooks to keep things aligned with the thin imacs with that space keyboard

• Options
    For the stockholders, here's a performance review of how the stock trades around the keynote address.

http://keynoteindexfund.com/

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts

this is awesome! love the bingo. Im such an apple stan.

the flash macbooks would be really cool. Also, a couple iphone updates to the firmware would be much appreciated. (flash in safari anybody?)

oh and for anyone that doesnt fuck with fake steve jobs blog already.

http://fakesteve.blogspot.com/

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts

I'm posting from the CES show right now. I'm in the G4 truck preparing, we go to air in 2 hours.

Mac had nothng major to report, at least not major enough to get any special coverage from us. We imagine they may have some nexGen iPhone news, but thats it.

Feel free to ask questions.

I got MalusAreana (AKA Spidey) in the other truck running b-roll tapes)

-GuzTECH

Man, It was fun, but the TV world (high stressss) aint for me. I'm just not used to being told to do something then being yelled at from somebody else for what the other person just told me to do. Dudes were going apeshit yelling at each other, and I really wasn't expecting that. Just a crash course and a reality check for real.

I hope I didn't get Adam in trouble, cause me and my boy Benny ended up quitting the same day. Sorry man, the problems with that van were bigger than me and Benny for reals.

I'm headed back to CES with my lil bro to hit on some AMD honeys..

- spidey

I'm headed back to CES with my lil bro to hit on some AMD honeys..

- spidey

advanced micro device honeys?

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    That new Mac Pro is ridiculous. Video and motion graphics dudes I know are salivating.

Weird that they dropped the announcement before the conference.

Weird that they dropped the announcement before the conference.

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    TODAY!!!!!! aka another productive day at the office.

http://www.macrumors.com/mwsf/

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    SHHH!!!

It's starting...

this is a web page

9:23 am First quarter shipping, iPhone has got 19.5% of U.S. SmartPhone market (2nd behind RIM)
    9:21 am 20,000 iPhones per day average
    9:21 am 200th day since iPhone went on sale. 4 million sales
    9:21 am 2nd thing: iPhone
    9:20 am Now showing recent Mac/PC ad for Time Machine
    9:20 am 2 versions: 500 GB version - $299, 1 TB $499
    9:19 am Full Airport Extreme base station with "server grade" hard drive internal.
    9:19 am Leopard feature: Time Machine. For notebooks, it doesn't work so well because you have to constantly plug/unplug a hard drive. New product: Time Capsul
    9:18 am Leopard has also seen some great support from developers. Office 2008 is now shipping. The last intel native app to ship.
    9:17 am Running down some praises of Leopard from Mossberg, Pogue, USA Today, etc.
    9:16 am 20% of Mac OS X install base has upgraded to Leopard
    9:16 am 1st thing: Leopard. 5 million copies delivered in first 3 months. This is the most successful release of Mac OS 10 ever
    9:15 am 4 things to talk to us about today
    9:15 am Thank you to our customers for making it all happen.
    9:15 am Looking back to 2007. 2007 was an extraordinary year for Apple. New iMac. New iPods. iPhone. Leopard, and other software.
    9:14 am Welcome to Macworld 2008. There is clearly something in the air today
    9:14 am Steve is taking the stage. Big applause
    9:14 am New Get a Mac commercial: Happy New Year. PC has had a bad year, but looking forward to this year.
    9:13 am Lights are dimming. No Steve quite yet
    9:11 am Current music: Feist 1234
    9:01 am People are being seated. The room can seat up to 4000 people.

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    time capsule is kinda slick.... albeit absurdly expensive

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

9:19 am Full Airport Extreme base station with "server grade" hard drive internal.

I want to know MORE.

Not at all if it can be used as a NAS which I'm sure is the plan. In addition, it's a wireless N router which itself can cost $150.

Here's a popular 1Tb NAS at TigerDirect for: $549.00 (without router)
    Buffalo 1TB NAS (no Wireless N hotness)

Add another $150 for a linksys Wireless N router and we're looking at $700.00

"Absurdly expensive"? No! Absurdly cheap? yes!

Not at all if it can be used as a NAS which I'm sure is the plan. In addition, it's a wireless N router which itself can cost $150.

Here's a popular 1Tb NAS at TigerDirect for: $549.00 (without router)
    Buffalo 1TB NAS (no Wireless N hotness)

Add another $150 for a linksys Wireless N router and we're looking at $700.00

"Absurdly expensive"? No! Absurdly cheap? yes!

yeah really cheap!

I want to know MORE.

Think about centrally backing up all your mpraer. and having access to it not only locally, but I'm pretty sure there will be remote access as well.

No DVR for AppleTV2..

Also, no mention of output resolution (720P only prolly)

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

I want to know MORE.

Think about centrally backing up all your mpraer. and having access to it not only locally, but I'm pretty sure there will be remote access as well.

Yeah that's what I thought. I wonder if you can link terabytes, like 2 or 3 of these bitches - have another one at a different location in case your house burns down. This shit is ILL / exactly what the fuck I;m looking for.

Also, what's up with the new MacBook Pro?