THAT ANNOYING OLD DUDE CRUSTY DUMB DIGGER (RR)

Comments

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    And now I'm out the door to grip, mouth breath and annoy as many young "DJ's" as possible.

This thread is not targeting you or anyone on this board. I think Batmon was just having a laugh R*ch. Good luck on your diggin' today.

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts

you know. the good dudes.

You mean the "old digger dudes" who hear some snot nose kid make fun of their mouth breathing and then never give the kid a tip or a deal??

But seriously, I don't think the digger game can be broken down into "old = douche".

I've met too many young douche diggers to believe that.

what? most of the "good dudes" i know are just AS old as the annoying ones. the best dudes in the game are usually old, because theyve seen it all and can get past the bullshit. also works the opposite way too sometimes however. old dudes who probably just started collecting records 2 years ago when they read an article about how "vinyl is back!!" and i see them copping some neil diamond shit, then asking me "whats a young kid like you know about records" and i just have to chuckle.

I was kidding.....taking a shot at "young but soon to be old digger" Mork.

whoops! missed the "but seriously" part the first read through i guess.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    how about the dudes who ask if you "DJ"? i dont know if this is common, but one time i got a ton of shit off this one dude who seemed impressed with my knowledge, then a little bit later was like..."wait.....do you DJ?" in a mean tone. i said "no" in fear that he might not sell to a "DJ"...but yeah i got a ton of good shit off of him. i think he must have heard about "DJing" from his "partner" because he was running his booth with a younger guy who asked if i made beats, and then was really interested when i said yeah. this was after the transaction had finished however.

I always get "are you a collector or dealer"

or worse....

"If you're buying it I must have priced it too cheap".

I've actually had stores refuse to sell me pre-priced LP's on that bullshit.

this is why i try not to be part of "the game".

Believe me.....I try to be as low key as possible in stores....I've just been at this too long and too many people know (about)me locally.

And now I'm out the door to grip, mouth breath and annoy as many young "DJ's" as possible.

This thread is not targeting you or anyone on this board. I think Batmon was just having a laugh R*ch. Good luck on your diggin' today.

Dude, no one is laughing as much as me....it's all good.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Most record collectors and grippeurs are douches in general though.

Id say this is w/ most collectors in any game. Its takes a certain mindstate which is borderline obssesive.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    just wait until you're into your late 20s Ako, lol

Saying.

I can't remember shit unless it's work related. Pisses my girl off endlessly.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Dude, no one is laughing as much as me....it's all good

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts
    There's actually an old "LOUD" guy at one of my spots. He walks around with a binder full of god knows what. He talks really loudly and makes exclamations like he is the king of the world. I guess he doesn't post online much, lol.

Actually I would assume the opposite in regards to loud talkers and internet message boards. Not really OLD DIGGER DUDES though just the younger more socially inept ones.

The way I see it Loud Talkers are like headphone guy except instead of talking with headphones on they are so use to typing on message boards they forget what their voice sounds like. They seemingly have no way of controlling volume and pitch when they come in contact with actual humans.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

I plan on retiring from the game in 2009 when the record market completely tumbles down like pink floyd's the wall live show

it's a market built on spongebricks i tell ya

that's right, records will be worthless in a couple years, I can feel it

Moark is totally right. Dj'ing kept records alive. S.erato done killed that. Cheap heat will be in abundance. People won't be able to give their wax away. 2009.

I plan on retiring from the game in 2009 when the record market completely tumbles down like pink floyd's the wall live show

Moark is totally right. Dj'ing kept records alive. S.erato done killed that. Cheap heat will be in abundance. People won't be able to give their wax away. 2009.

You'll all see. IN ABOUT A YEAR YOU'LL CRY AND YOU'LL REMEMBER THAT YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST!

Further credit woes, extreme Recession (brought on by Hilary in the white house and bad bad inflation mixed with an Iran war), China and soverign funds owning 50% of the USA and pretty much the end of modern western civilization as we know it will lead to Boscoe being worth about $3. Trust me.

I'll be posting from an iPhone version 5.0 in Dubai from a swimming pool on the 65th floor with my Maibach in the garage. Gas is cheap in Dubai.

• shooteralishooterali 1,591 Posts

Looking sheep in that picture and all the people around him you can't help but notice all the crust folks. I've gone to shows and really have seen the crusties out in packs. I'm usually the youngest dude at alot of the shows and I'm 31 and I'm mistaken for a 20 yr old all of the time.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    Further credit woes, extreme Recession (brought on by Hilary in the white house and bad bad inflation mixed with an Iran war), China and soverign funds owning 50% of the USA and pretty much the end of modern western civilization as we know it will lead to Boscoe being worth about $3. Trust me.

I'll be posting from an iPhone version 5.0 in Dubai from a swimming pool on the 65th floor with my Maibach in the garage. Gas is cheap in Dubai.

I believe this. I've always felt Moark would be the 2nd richest Asian guy I know, just behind this Vietnamese guy I met who's a stockmarket wunderkid.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    (this, that & the other) will lead to Boscoe being worth about $3.

As if this were a bad thing?

(Well, bad for the sellers, good news for the buyers...)

Braeks will be worthless.....to be a succssful dealer you'll just have to go with the flow and learn what the "next big thing" is.....I've done this at least 5 times.

Eventually all vinyl will go the way of 78's

But not by 2009.

• sbonesbone 144 Posts
    ive been refused service on buying records cos "i was spying"
    bahahah
    jus cos i work at another record store

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts

may i confess i havent bought a record in months.

What 12 step program did you sign up for? how much did it cost? serious

The program is called soulseek. Thanks to it, I probably won't buy a single record in 2008.

are you serious?

i guess that means more for everyone else , but i guess you really don't care about records at all?

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    What do you say to them? I am serious.

open your mouth again.... Ill break it cunt! or
    Ill be waiting for you outside the store old man... see if you still remember how to fight....

that usually shuts them up. lol...joking.....

nah I have run into a few of them, the best is to talk about OUR culture in the same patronising, overeagerrated, insular way they talk about the good old day, and if they act confused (which they always do...whats turntablism?.... you look em up and down and go...'what you dont know whaat turntabilism is? shit..."
    ...and if they keep on about that old..."we done shit better back in the datys etc crap"..
    you say..."sweet...but mate it doesnt really matter now does it, cus you'll be dead soon, and we young ones will be around to re write your history...."

something like that always pisses them off....

I hate the ones that claim some super linage, like i was roadie for so and so, i could have played on this LP, I used to know so and so.... fuck off with that shit!

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

• sbonesbone 144 Posts
    agreed... inhailing all that record dust must make you quite mad...... eventually

• I plan on retiring from the game in 2009 when the record market completely tumbles down like pink floyd's the wall live show

You'll all see. IN ABOUT A YEAR YOU'LL CRY AND YOU'LL REMEMBER THAT YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST!

I know for a FACT that Ameoba Records is digitally archiving every record in their store with pro tools for an online store. crazy

I know for a FACT that Ameoba Records is digitally archiving every record in their store with pro tools for an online store. crazy

LOL
    RIAA gonna own their asses

• Y'all are way too harsh on the old dudes. Can they live?

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    there is an old dude that is a few snacks short of a complte picknick that i bump into at all the bootsales/markets and so on, if i am flicking through the records he will just start flipping through what ever i am and then start calling me a criminal and whatnaut if i say anything, he reminds me of the dad from king of queens only looks like a paedo

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    Y'all are way too harsh on the old dudes. Can they live?

Thats what I'm sayin. Theres creeps and freaks and gripper spazzes of all ages out there. I'm sure the same freaks are annoyed by all this funk soul psych breaks n beats only good if its rare spazzo talk.

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    TOMORROW YOU WILL BE THE OLD DUDE DIGGER THAT YOU CURSE TODAY

• shooteralishooterali 1,591 Posts
    Braeks will be worthless.....to be a succssful dealer you'll just have to go with the flow and learn what the "next big thing" is.....I've done this at least 5 times.

Eventually all vinyl will go the way of 78's

But not by 2009.
    The world without vinyl...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

All u soulseek clowns!!!! I hope you all get a trojan virus from your downloading.

TOMORROW YOU WILL BE THE OLD DUDE DIGGER THAT YOU CURSE TODAY

Nah, the game is over. Cashing in my chips as we speak. I got nothing against old dudes, there are a few that are good friends of mine and who are deep deep into that raer/jazz/psych. It's just the few that are annoying, crusty, AND totally burnt out/unknowledged. Just like there are tons of young douche diggers. Yeah I'm serious.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    IMO, the vast majority of people you run into while buying or selling used records range from ignorant folks to absolute douchetards. All ages, mostly white dudes though, all kinds of ridiculous characters. The remainder can be split into A) younger people genuinely interested in getting in the game B) Guys who have been seriously buying records for 5+ years who know their shit front to back and have seen almost every record before, and at this point are just filling gaps and looking for the real raer. Real friendly and helpful even when they don't have to be.

And no, records will not be worthless in 2009. They'll just all end up in Europe eventually.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

And no, records will not be worthless in 2009. They'll just all end up in Europe eventually.

I think Europe & even Japan will give in to the s.erato era. In 2009, only folks buying wax will be technically challenged. Like older people. I'm sure there will still be some collectros & they will realize their dreams of copping Bosco for 3.00. Schitt is over. Done. Bye-bye. all day, every day.