THAT ANNOYING OLD DUDE CRUSTY DUMB DIGGER (RR)

Comments

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

Rock-A-Delic????

As "that" old digger the most amusing thing about this thread is knowing that every single one of you suckers are well on their way to one day being............."that" old digger!!!

not true, no way
    no, no old digger syndrome

I plan on retiring from the game in 2009 when the record market completely tumbles down like pink floyd's the wall live show

it's a market built on spongebricks i tell ya

that's right, records will be worthless in a couple years, I can feel it

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

Rock-A-Delic????

As "that" old digger the most amusing thing about this thread is knowing that every single one of you suckers are well on their way to one day being............."that" old digger!!!

EFIL4ZAGGID

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

Rock-A-Delic????

not true, no way
    no, no old digger syndrome

I plan on retiring from the game in 2009 when the record market completely tumbles down like pink floyd's the wall live show

it's a market built on spongebricks i tell ya

that's right, records will be worthless in a couple years, I can feel it

Uh-huh....that's what we all said

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    theres an annual book fair here that has a record room, two of these dudes got in a little scuffle because one was going left-to-right down the bins and one was going right-to-left. when they met up they started sissy-fighting with the little slaps and my friend i hadnt seen in months was there and all like "DUDES. THEYRE JUST RECORDS. CHILL THE FUCK OUT." which set them straight for a little while.

same Frickin' dudes i see at every possibly record-related convention in my hometown. one of them makes jokes about the records he's looking at, REALLY loudly beacuse he knows everything he says is pure gold. but its the same 3 jokes, and theyre all Frickin' sooo stupid i cant believe it. same dude always has to mention at the top of his lungs how hes looking for any Tiny Tim records he can find. i Frickin' hate these dudes.

There's actually an old "LOUD" guy at one of my spots. He walks around with a binder full of god knows what. He talks really loudly and makes exclamations like he is the king of the world. I guess he doesn't post online much, lol.

This thraed is my therapy, you must all deal if you read it.

He walks around with a binder full of god knows what.

BINDER DUDES. fuck these guys...or girls if youre talking about my hometown. probably 60-year-old lady who will go through a box of 45s at a show, stop and look up EVERY SINGLE ONE she pulls out in her stupid-ass binder. im not talking a box full of potential raerz, im talking a box full of the tops hits from 1965-1985. that shit pisses me off, but as long as theyre not hogging the soul 45 boxes, im straight.

i mean seriously. do these people not have memories? it would probably be handy to have a little booklet with some shit you might have forgotten about that youre looking for or whatever, but jesus. these people CANT remember if they already have "born in the usa" on 45 already or not? and a BINDER? come on. a Frickin' binder? who needs a binder when you're apparently still trying to grab all the common shit. that should be lik 4 peices of paper stapled together, not a full binder.

i think i just hate people with bad memories.

just wait until you're into your late 20s Ako, lol

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts

who needs a binder when you're apparently still trying to grab all the common shit. that should be lik 4 peices of paper stapled together, not a full binder.

i think i just hate people with bad memories.

^^^POST OF DA WEEK!

but hey, lets talk about the COOL dudes in your town, you know? the ones that have deep knowledge, the ones who say "hi" every time the see you and then show you a ton of good shit they just got in before anybody else, the guys who know a record is worth $200 but theyve been in the game so long and seen so many copies that they cut you a deal for about a fifth of that? the guys who invite you over to see their personal stock and then even let you pay LATER. the dudes who start looking for shit specifically for you and deliver. the guys who only come to your town for conventions, only see you maybe once or twice a year but still remember your name and what youre looking for. the dudes who set out a box of heat for cheap, and then just sit back, take it easy, and dont bullshit with the customers. the dudes who think the dudes in this thread are just as annoying as you do, and you can talk shit together with them.

you know. the good dudes.

What's the diif btween a binder and a wish list.

Binder dudes = Blackberry scanner dudes

The new school of diggers.....I keep on running in to a woman in town who digs through CD's using a scanner.

She scans the bar codes and apparently gets info on what the CD is selling for.

What's the diif btween a binder and a wish list.

ones not AS sad and pathetic. unless of course your wish list would fill a binder...

Binder dudes = Blackberry scanner dudes

The new school of diggers.....I keep on running in to a woman in town who digs through CD's using a scanner.

see, i really want an iphone or whatever so i can look up records if im on the fence. i think that would be pretty handy. takes up less space than a portable OR a binder.

• There's an old compulsive dude who I run into regularly at sales/fleas/etc. For a while he held a grudge against me for copping a collection that he had desperately wanted to get at. He told me words to the effect of "that was the worst performance of my life... I don't know if I can go on living with myself"...

You mean the "old digger dudes" who hear some snot nose kid make fun of their mouth breathing and then never give the kid a tip or a deal??

But seriously, I don't think the digger game can be broken down into "old = douche".

I've met too many young douche diggers to believe that.

There's an old compulsive dude who I run into regularly at sales/fleas/etc. For a while he held a grudge against me for copping a collection that he had desperately wanted to get at. He told me words to the effect of "that was the worst performance of my life... I don't know if I can go on living with myself"...

Sounds like the worst performance of HIS life.

You mean the "old digger dudes" who hear some snot nose kid make fun of their mouth breathing and then never give the kid a tip or a deal??

But seriously, I don't think the digger game can be broken down into "old = douche".

what? most of the "good dudes" i know are just AS old as the annoying ones. the best dudes in the game are usually old, because theyve seen it all and can get past the bullshit. also works the opposite way too sometimes however. old dudes who probably just started collecting records 2 years ago when they read an article about how "vinyl is back!!" and i see them copping some neil diamond shit, then asking me "whats a young kid like you know about records" and i just have to chuckle.

but hey, lets talk about the COOL dudes in your town, you know? the ones that have deep knowledge, the ones who say "hi" every time the see you and then show you a ton of good shit they just got in before anybody else, the guys who know a record is worth $200 but theyve been in the game so long and seen so many copies that they cut you a deal for about a fifth of that? the guys who invite you over to see their personal stock and then even let you pay LATER. the dudes who start looking for shit specifically for you and deliver. the guys who only come to your town for conventions, only see you maybe once or twice a year but still remember your name and what youre looking for. the dudes who set out a box of heat for cheap, and then just sit back, take it easy, and dont bullshit with the customers. the dudes who think the dudes in this thread are just as annoying as you do, and you can talk shit together with them.

I get foot rubs at Good Records

how about the dudes who ask if you "DJ"? i dont know if this is common, but one time i got a ton of shit off this one dude who seemed impressed with my knowledge, then a little bit later was like..."wait.....do you DJ?" in a mean tone. i said "no" in fear that he might not sell to a "DJ"...but yeah i got a ton of good shit off of him. i think he must have heard about "DJing" from his "partner" because he was running his booth with a younger guy who asked if i made beats, and then was really interested and started talking about RJD2 and stuff when i said yeah. this was after the transaction had finished however.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    There's an old compulsive dude who I run into regularly at sales/fleas/etc. For a while he held a grudge against me for copping a collection that he had desperately wanted to get at. He told me words to the effect of "that was the worst performance of my life... I don't know if I can go on living with myself"...

Sounds like the worst performance of HIS life.

"The Worst Performance Of My Life." Sounds like some old Nancy Wilson song.

I get foot rubs at Good Records

Socks on or off??

Real Haedz want to know.

how about the dudes who ask if you "DJ"? i dont know if this is common, but one time i got a ton of shit off this one dude who seemed impressed with my knowledge, then a little bit later was like..."wait.....do you DJ?" in a mean tone. i said "no" in fear that he might not sell to a "DJ"...but yeah i got a ton of good shit off of him. i think he must have heard about "DJing" from his "partner" because he was running his booth with a younger guy who asked if i made beats, and then was really interested when i said yeah. this was after the transaction had finished however.

I always get "are you a collector or dealer"

or worse....

"If you're buying it I must have priced it too cheap".

I've actually had stores refuse to sell me pre-priced LP's on that bullshit.

what? most of the "good dudes" i know are just AS old as the annoying ones. the best dudes in the game are usually old, because theyve seen it all and can get past the bullshit. also works the opposite way too sometimes however. old dudes who probably just started collecting records 2 years ago when they read an article about how "vinyl is back!!" and i see them copping some neil diamond shit, then asking me "whats a young kid like you know about records" and i just have to chuckle.

I was kidding.....taking a shot at "young but soon to be old digger" Mork.

how about the dudes who ask if you "DJ"? i dont know if this is common, but one time i got a ton of shit off this one dude who seemed impressed with my knowledge, then a little bit later was like..."wait.....do you DJ?" in a mean tone. i said "no" in fear that he might not sell to a "DJ"...but yeah i got a ton of good shit off of him. i think he must have heard about "DJing" from his "partner" because he was running his booth with a younger guy who asked if i made beats, and then was really interested when i said yeah. this was after the transaction had finished however.

I always get "are you a collector or dealer"

or worse....

"If you're buying it I must have priced it too cheap".

I've actually had stores refuse to sell me pre-priced LP's on that bullshit.

this is why i try not to be part of "the game".

And now I'm out the door to grip, mouth breath and annoy as many young "DJ's" as possible.

I don't dispute that at all, I am just devoting this thread to this one particular old dude digger. That is all. It was a means for me to vent. I am dealing.

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    I've met far more young douche diggers than old ones. Most record collectors and grippeurs are douches in general though.