what happens to us after were DEAD?

youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
edited July 2005 in Off Topic (NRR)
i have no clue. school me. stein. . .

Comments

• Art_FormArt_Form 188 Posts
    We are judged by God on our deeds while we were on Earth. Based off of those deeds we either ascend to Heaven or descend to Hades. Haveaniceday...

• Mel_GibsonMel_Gibson 664 Posts
    worm food.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    lol, i dont think anyone has a clue, except for dead people

• ShingalingShingaling 877 Posts

WE BURN IN HELL FOR MAKING TOO MANY POSTS!!!!

• bubor0ckbubor0ck 141 Posts
    scared that its just wormfood --wish it was somethin crazy where you could look back on yours/others lives entirely, review your dreams in slow motion (i think i'd BUG) and generally just wyl' on some lala land shit teleporting with the blink of an eye.

• d_wordd_word 666 Posts
    ****prays this topic reaches 7 pages AND don't get serious****

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

I would like to talk to you about dedicating your life to Christ so that you will avoid the fiery pits of hell and forever be reunited with the Lord in Heaven.

• DJ_NevilleCDJ_NevilleC 1,922 Posts

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    we all get reincarnated to cute little puppies...

or ugly ones if you are faux...

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    we all get reincarnated to cute little puppies...

I really like this theory (thought seriously about it since I was a kid), but I don't know if its puppies.

There are too many stories of ghosts, spirits and weird energy to make the worm food debate solely valid.

I'd like to think human consciousness is a precious and special thing, but that is a very selfish viewpoint I think.

The spirit/consciousness ascension/reincarnation/teleportation debate will be waged until the end of all existence. But without a doubt our physical human form returns to mother nature, unless you opt for cryogenic storage (but even then you might end up a guinea pig in the year 5000). Yay!

ASHES TO ASHES

DUST TO DUST

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    My brother-in-law always breaks it down for the family when we get into this discussion. "You never had consciousness before you were alive, so why would you after you die? Therefore, you wouldn't know what happens."

Worm food.

• Options
    I'll be going to co-workers offices and typing harrasing messages on their computers, kicking cans through the subways with other ghosts, doing some pottery with Demi Moore, bicker with Whoopi Goldberg, and cut records like "She's Like the Wind."

Honestly though, after I'm dead I'm going to fuck with my surviving friends from beyond the grave.

• ArtifactorArtifactor 887 Posts
    I think you die and that is it. Nothing else, nothing special except you're dead.

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts

Honestly though, after I'm dead I'm going to fuck with my surviving friends from beyond the grave.

Word me to, I'd probally like to fuck a couple of hot dead celebs as well.

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    I think you die and that is it. Nothing else, nothing special except you're dead.

My wife believes this. I do not.

Life is cyclical and neverending.

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts

Why wait

I think this is very true, whether you believe in an afterlife, reincarnation, or just fertilization. Whatever you do and whatever you believe in, you are aiding the cycle one way or another.

I think people just tell themselves this so they feel better. Like there's some sort of greater meaning to their existence. But really, if there were a heaven for people then there'd be a heaven for deer and squirrels and plankton and tapeworms. And that's just on Earth, we're not even factoring in the Klingons.

It's just not logical. I don't see how any entity could feasibly house an exponentially growing population of souls. It just doesn't make sense. Unless your soul dies. But then, where does it go?

1-800-SUICIDE

"SON, DON'T RISK IT"

• dayday 9,612 Posts

I think people just tell themselves this so they feel better. Like there's some sort of greater meaning to their existence. But really, if there were a heaven for people then there'd be a heaven for deer and squirrels and plankton and tapeworms. And that's just on Earth, we're not even factoring in the Klingons.

It's just not logical. I don't see how any entity could feasibly house an exponentially growing population of souls. It just doesn't make sense. Unless your soul dies. But then, where does it go?

I'm not talking about a "heaven" in the conventional sense.

I'm talking about your soul, energy, essence, whatever you want to call it, is one with everything and does not die. It's just one part of a greater whole.

I can't explain it, it's just something I know and believe in.

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    Our souls cross over to another dimension where they aren't seen by living dudes.

Ghosts are souls stuck between dimensions so both the other side and our side can see them.

Nah, I actually dont believe in any of that shit. It would be kool if there was more than this though mang.

I'm not talking about a "heaven" in the conventional sense.
    I'm talking about your soul, energy, essence, whatever you want to call it, is one with everything and does not die. It's just one part of a greater whole.

Yeah, I've heard of this philosophy. Actually, I think Spock believed in it too. In a way, it's true, though, scientifically speaking. When you die and your remains get cycled back into the system, the energy value of your remains continues to cycle throughout the system, feeding those that feed upon those that fed on you. Of course, your energy is diminished every time it cycles though, so eventually all of your energy will have been expended. It also could go quickly, like if someone set you on fire, as opposed to if something ate you.

All the shitty thing about this is that by embalming, encasing, and then burying your body, you don't get to partake of this cycle. Well, at least not immediately.

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    again, i'm not talking about the body

to whom it may: this is just my belief though, there's no need to debate about some shit none of us know.

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    Oh also, I saw this stuff on a documentary about ghosts once:

This dude worked in a draughty cellar and kept seeing things move and shake and stuff. Turned out that the draught in the cellar was producing a sound frequency of something like 18.3 hertz or something around there, which is the exact frequency the eyeball starts to resonate at.

The dude just had resonating eyeballs.

again, i'm not talking about the body

to whom it may: this is just my belief though, there's no need to debate about some shit none of us know.

Yeah, I know. That's why I related something that was similar.

I didn't really think we were debating. I'm just having fun with the topic. I have my own beliefs but on a topic with an unknown answer like this one, there's not really any reason to doubt nor debate. That's like Christopher Columbus doubting or debating whether the world is flat or not - you couldn't, unless you actually took the trip and found the answer.

So, I wouldn't expect anyone to take the trip prematurely, so why not just chit chat?

the draught in the cellar was producing a sound frequency of something like 18.3 hertz or something around there, which is the exact frequency the eyeball starts to resonate at.

The dude just had resonating eyeballs.

Hell yeah, I see DJ Magic Mike taking notes right now.

• I'm talking about your soul, energy, essence, whatever you want to call it, is one with everything and does not die. It's just one part of a greater whole.

I think this too... but it's more like "dissipates" into the whole. I think reincernation is basically a metaphor for this... But people want to cling to their personailty. Buddhism preaches reincarnation, but also "anatman", or no soul. What is it that carries on then? Just the energy, and it is quickly absorbed and used by other forms.

Like someone said earlier... Don't be scared... It wasn't so bad before you were born, was it?

Peace...
    FNM

what's not logical is you putting some sort of finite definiton on a soul and what it would take to house. why couldn't there be a deer heaven? basically the idea of heaven is your spirit or energy or whatever going on to a different plane. there doesnt need to be a phsyical golden gate and a cool swimming pool that only einstein and lincoln can swim in, we'll all just be chillin in the stardust plottin galaxies and shit.

Mmmmm I dunno, I'm thinking more like a Hilton Hotel, maybe. But could you imagine the housekeeping staff for that? Plus, I don't know how they'd set up everything. I mean, no way the deer could use the faucets in people showers with the hooves they have.

• Immortality is not for us... As told in Genesis, we lost that priveledge. So, instead of living forever, we now need to procreate to have eternal life. Anyhow, guess who lives forever? DNA. And that's only if you are lucky to procreate. We are just vehicles for the immortal coils inside of us...