CHEMTRAILS OVER AUSTIN

Comments

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Damn, I'm really enjoying this thread, but work's over. I'll have to check in tomorrow.

Twoply: I agree on your point about the public school system. I don't have the time to go into it now, but if things are still raging tomorrow, I'll marshall my arguments then.

Harvey: Do you really believe dark forces are aligned against us, intentionally poisoning the air to achieve their nefarious goals? Really?

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    I'll just keep holding my breath for the commercial flight I take in an unmarked plane that leaves the ATX airport, climbs straight up into the sky, then straight back down, then straight up into the sky again, and then straight back down again, then straight back up into the sky again, then straight back down again, then repeats the same pattern acroos the vertical lines in a horizontal fashion. I know this may be old hat for some of you, but up to this day I've yet to experience it.

seriously dude what are you talking about?

have you seen unmarked planes like this?

have you followed commercial planes around in the sky to see if, I dunno, like maybe they are actually flying from airport A to airport B?

where are you getting this stuff if it's not from whackjob websites?

I'm getting it from watching the sky...watching planes making the chemtrails. They aren't commerical planes. They often make rounds over and over again until their grid patterns canvas the entire sky. No website is needed to wonder what the fuck they are?

• thats kool, if you type f**king it automatically makes it "frickin'"

• Harvey: Do you really believe dark forces are aligned against us?

Not for nothing, but a good majority of the world believe in the Devil too...

• I'd like to know why someone is spending so much dough to employ planes to create them. And if you don't know, then there's really no need for you say shit. N'kay?

Maybe, just maybe, the simplest answer is actually the TRUTH: That no-one is "spending ... dough to employ planes to create them". They are just trails created by jets making everyday flights over your city.

Just what about these trails makes you so sure that they are comprised of harmful chemicals? Because they stay in the sky for so long? But clouds stay in the sky all frikkin' day and are comprised of just water vapor? What makes these trails different from clouds?

Harvey: Do you really believe dark forces are aligned against us, intentionally poisoning the air to achieve their nefarious goals? Really?

When did I ever say that?

• I'll just keep holding my breath for the commercial flight I take in an unmarked plane that leaves the ATX airport, climbs straight up into the sky, then straight back down, then straight up into the sky again, and then straight back down again, then straight back up into the sky again, then straight back down again, then repeats the same pattern acroos the vertical lines in a horizontal fashion. I know this may be old hat for some of you, but up to this day I've yet to experience it.

seriously dude what are you talking about?

have you seen unmarked planes like this?

have you followed commercial planes around in the sky to see if, I dunno, like maybe they are actually flying from airport A to airport B?

where are you getting this stuff if it's not from whackjob websites?

I'm getting it from watching the sky...watching planes making the chemtrails. They aren't commerical planes. They often make rounds over and over again until their grid patterns canvas the entire sky. No website is needed to wonder what the fuck they are?

maybe they're charter flights waiting to land?

When did I ever say that?

You're right. You didn't say that. I inferred from your references to unmarked planes and mysterious chemicals that you thought they were operated by people who meant us harm, and didn't want us to know about it. Was I off base in that inference?

Damn it, I'm actually postponing leaving work for this. I'm leaving in 6 minutes, come hell or high water.

• ZekeZeke 221 Posts
    There is a totally scientific explanation of why contrails may be lasting longer as the aviation industry gets older, though it seems rather unreasonable to me to bank on one's visual memory in regards to something which you'd have few other sensory associations with. Those kinds of memories just don't stay static for most people. Harvey, if thinking about these kinds of (imho non-)issues is your cup of tea, more power to you, but like others have said, there are probably more credible, provable, and reasonable offenses against humanity to take issue with (some of which I've read your thoughts on before.)

In regards to contrails, there are absolute environmental effects associated with the aviation industry, just one of which is a global increase of an estimated .2% of cirrus cloud cover since the inception of affordable industrial air transportation in the 60's. 50% of that .2% (or .1% of all cirrus clouds total) can be associated with existing and dispersing contrails. Due to the accumulation of aerosol particles and their gaseous precursors in the skies (especially above major transportation hubs), the conditions necessary to sustain the visual "trail" of a contrail increase as more flights are made. In areas where there are a number of major metropolitan areas that lie relatively near each other, the collection of these gaseous particles is considerably higher for obvious reasons. Austin's proximity to Houston, Dallas-Fort Worth, and San Antonio is no doubt a major contributor to the appearance of more long-standing contrail formations.

I could go on about this stuff forever. Honestly, I think if you're looking for a conspiracy, you'll find them everywhere, but in my personal opinion trusting and acting on assumptions of their existence may not be the best use of one's time.

• I'm getting it from watching the sky...watching planes making the chemtrails. They aren't commerical planes. They often make rounds over and over again until their grid patterns canvas the entire sky. No website is needed to wonder what the fuck they are?

So you can actually see that it is the same plane, even though the path is apparently going from one horizon to the other? How can you be sure that the aren't different planes? And, if they are looking to spread chemicals, wouldn't a spiral path be more efficient?

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Harvey, you got me looking now.

I found this:

http://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message372746/pg1

"As an aerospace engineer, I know a lot about ideally-expanded, over-expanded, and under-expanded jet engine exhaust dynamics. And I don't know how many times I have tried to explain to the chemtrails conspiracy theorists the FACT that jet engines are designed to a SPECIFIC atmospheric condition for optimal performance. For some reason they think they know better than me (and yet they cannot explain their theory in mathematic terms like I can explain the natural state of jet exhaust expansion to them).

I have never (and that means never EVER) seen any quantified evidence that would demonstrate that any CONTRAIL that appears in the sky is anything more than a normally over-expanded jet exhaust operating in an atmospheric area where the water density is already high (almost saturated), and the passing of the jet engine through that atmospheric condition has caused the high water density to be condensed into visible exhaust plumes.

As part of my undergrad Aero studies I had to program a "generic jet engine" model. Some of its inputs are the atmospheric conditions in which the jet engine operates. This simple model can reliably predict and model contrails due to over-expansion of a jet engine nozzle. This is why you will never see someone with a degree in aerospace engineering endorsing the "chemtrail" conspiracy theory. We all know just how normal a CONTRAIL pattern is given the parameters which govern jet engine operation in a variable atmospheric condition.

The "highways in the skies" are actually the very REASON they appear so regular! There are specific enroute "paths in the skies" that are called Victor Airways. They are a throwback to the days before GPS when aircraft would fly "FROM" one radio navigation sensor (abbreviated VOR for Very high Omni Range) "TO" another. (note: Victor airways comes from VOR). And in terminal areas (airports) there are very specific, published approach & departure routes which all pilots (and computer navigation systems) possess and know how to fly. Air Traffic Control is NOT a random science. Finally, there are also rules for assigned altitudes for aircraft to cruise. These rules go as follows:

For aircraft traveling on magnetic headings of 000 thru 179 degrees, they will be assigned an odd numbered altitude (for example, 31,000 feet).

For aircraft traveling on magnetic headgins of 180 thru 359 degrees, they will be assigned an even numbered altitude (for example, 32,000 feet).

This ensure separation, and also allows crossing contrail patterns.

The following is another set of NASA websites which you can read at leisure and learn all about the highly-technical, highly-coordinated "dance" of air traffic control operations in the US:
    www.virtualskies.arc.nasa.gov

RMT

PS - One reason for the "rows side by side" can be easily understood when you consider airplanes generally have two engines on their wings, or in the case of 747s 4 engines on their wings. "

The above was written by RainmanTime on the time travel institute forums.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Whaddayareckon?

• ^^^That's a pretty reasonable explanation. Thanks.

• deLYSdeLYS 388 Posts
    You grow up with these in the sky over the Raritan Bay, Arthur Kill or anywhere along the coast over here. It feels like 20+ years now. They sentimentally remind me of home, to look up in the sky and see brings familiarity .

I'm not big on conspiracy theories, and the only shit I've heard about chemtrails is on Coast to Coast AM radio show and fanatacism certainly abounds in that program, but it also goes along with a lot of scientific debate and speculation. I know the people of this world before us never took comfort in some man made streak in the sky, even if its safe it still reminds me of some kind of setting in post apocalyptic science fiction, and whatever it is those aren't just motion lines!

• Harvey: Do you really believe dark forces are aligned against us?

Not for nothing, but a good majority of the world believe in the Devil too...

It's true. Harvey talks about white people all the time.

Harvey, you got me looking now.

I found this:

http://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message372746/pg1

"As an aerospace engineer, I know a lot about ideally-expanded, over-expanded, and under-expanded jet engine exhaust dynamics. And I don't know how many times I have tried to explain to the chemtrails conspiracy theorists the FACT that jet engines are designed to a SPECIFIC atmospheric condition for optimal performance. For some reason they think they know better than me (and yet they cannot explain their theory in mathematic terms like I can explain the natural state of jet exhaust expansion to them).

I have never (and that means never EVER) seen any quantified evidence that would demonstrate that any CONTRAIL that appears in the sky is anything more than a normally over-expanded jet exhaust operating in an atmospheric area where the water density is already high (almost saturated), and the passing of the jet engine through that atmospheric condition has caused the high water density to be condensed into visible exhaust plumes.

As part of my undergrad Aero studies I had to program a "generic jet engine" model. Some of its inputs are the atmospheric conditions in which the jet engine operates. This simple model can reliably predict and model contrails due to over-expansion of a jet engine nozzle. This is why you will never see someone with a degree in aerospace engineering endorsing the "chemtrail" conspiracy theory. We all know just how normal a CONTRAIL pattern is given the parameters which govern jet engine operation in a variable atmospheric condition.

The "highways in the skies" are actually the very REASON they appear so regular! There are specific enroute "paths in the skies" that are called Victor Airways. They are a throwback to the days before GPS when aircraft would fly "FROM" one radio navigation sensor (abbreviated VOR for Very high Omni Range) "TO" another. (note: Victor airways comes from VOR). And in terminal areas (airports) there are very specific, published approach & departure routes which all pilots (and computer navigation systems) possess and know how to fly. Air Traffic Control is NOT a random science. Finally, there are also rules for assigned altitudes for aircraft to cruise. These rules go as follows:

For aircraft traveling on magnetic headings of 000 thru 179 degrees, they will be assigned an odd numbered altitude (for example, 31,000 feet).

For aircraft traveling on magnetic headgins of 180 thru 359 degrees, they will be assigned an even numbered altitude (for example, 32,000 feet).

This ensure separation, and also allows crossing contrail patterns.

The following is another set of NASA websites which you can read at leisure and learn all about the highly-technical, highly-coordinated "dance" of air traffic control operations in the US:
    www.virtualskies.arc.nasa.gov

RMT

PS - One reason for the "rows side by side" can be easily understood when you consider airplanes generally have two engines on their wings, or in the case of 747s 4 engines on their wings. "

The above was written by RainmanTime on the time travel institute forums.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Whaddayareckon?

He does a great job describing what I typically see and know as contrails. I live beneath a flight path, so I see the commerical jets coming and going on the regular...and I see the contrails they make at different altitudes.

But those aren't the trails nor the planes nor the flightpaths I'm talking about when I refer to chemtrails.

They are completely different from each other. Plus anyone who uses commercial flights as an explanation for obviously non-commercial planes flying deep into the sky at like 75 degree trajectories is about as clueless as it gets.

This is your captain and after beverage service is complete, I'm going to aim this plane straight up into the sky. For those of you wth window seats past the wing, please don't fret over the massive plumes of steam that will be spilling from the wings the entire way up. I realize that you've never experienced anything like this before on a commercial flight, and the maneuver will likely scare the living heck out of you, but I hold an aerospace engineering degree and it is my best, professional advise to you to think of yourself, at least for the moment, as too paranoid and too emotionally instable and too intellectually deficient to, at least for the moment, consider what you are actually seeing, feeling, and thinking as even remotely valid. I thank you for not trying at all to rationalize any of this beyond the confines of what I'm telling you and please enjoy your most normal flight.

• But those aren't the trails nor the planes nor the flightpaths I'm talking about when I refer to chemtrails.

They are completely different from each other. Plus anyone who uses commercial flights as an explanation for obviously non-commercial planes flying deep into the sky at like 75 degree trajectories is about as clueless as it gets.

OK ... so I have to assume that you've fully researched all commercial flightpaths in your area to rule out the possibility that these are commercial planes. As for the 75 degree trajectory deep in the sky, I imagine that sort of thing would be difficult to judge from your backyard, but whatever.

So the planes are "obviously non-commercial". What do they look like? Have you pulled out a copy of Jane's all the world's aircraft to identify the planes? Are they military aircraft? I'm guessing there must be a military airport nearby?

So, even if you assume that these are military aircraft following non-commercial flightpaths (nothing abnormal there), why would you have to assume that they are spewing out chemicals when water vapor is known to cause the same effect? Why do the grid patterns surprise you (especially after reading NZShadow's post)? It seems that every bit of evidence you've presented can be explained very simply without resorting to a belief in this chemtrail conspiracy theory.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    It doesn't matter how rational of an explanation you give. Conspiracy theorists are sweyed by logic or occam's razor. The only theories they will accept are other "secret" theories, i.e. black helicoptors, UFOs, etc.

Trying to convince Harvey that there is nothing out of the ordinary going on is an exercise in futility. You are just going to wind up banging your head against the keyboard.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    It doesn't matter how rational of an explanation you give. Conspiracy theorists are sweyed by logic or occam's razor. The only theories they will accept are other "secret" theories, i.e. black helicoptors, UFOs, etc.

Trying to convince Harvey that there is nothing out of the ordinary going on is an exercise in futility. You are just going to wind up banging your head against the keyboard.

Devout Christians and Conspiracy Theorists have one thing in common.

They both ignore science, common sense and logic in order to rationalize their "faith".

Creationism is the worlds biggest conspiracy theory.

• It doesn't matter how rational of an explanation you give. Conspiracy theorists are sweyed by logic or occam's razor. The only theories they will accept are other "secret" theories, i.e. black helicoptors, UFOs, etc.

Oh I know what I'm up against. For some reason, I've always enjoyed these rational vs. irrational arguments ... especially with someone who will never give up. Its sort of like hitting a tennis ball against a wall. You'll never "win" but its still pretty fun.

• Plus anyone who uses commercial flights as an explanation for obviously non-commercial planes flying deep into the sky at like 75 degree trajectories is about as clueless as it gets. [/b]

oh the irony.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts

Creationism is the worlds biggest conspiracy theory.

I like that.

On that note, and no thread hijack, plaese take a moment away from chem and contrails to watch this, i think it is so well done.

http://www.duelity.net/

• Creationism is the worlds biggest conspiracy theory.

I like that.

On that note, and no thread hijack, plaese take a moment away from chem and contrails to watch this, i think it is so well done.

http://www.duelity.net/

Lulz. I stopped at

"God made a blue atmospheric shield to seperate Earth from Heaven".

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Why do you guys gotta be like "nah thats totally stupid you're an idiot" at harvey just because hes asking a question?

Are you that infinitely trusting of the powers that be to know for a fact that they wouldnt do some shit like this? Maybe the reason you are so sure if because you've been sucking up a little too much mind control smoke yourself. Did you ever consider that?

Look, chemtrails may not be real, but until im absolutely positive they arent i wouldnt go around making broad generalizations.

You have to understand that the technology of the lizard people is probably vastly superior to ours, so is it not possible they could make em look like contrails just to fool you?

geez. i mean use your head a little.

• Why do you guys gotta be like "nah thats totally stupid you're an idiot" at harvey just because hes asking a question?

Are you that infinitely trusting of the powers that be to know for a fact that they wouldnt do some shit like this? Maybe the reason you are so sure if because you've been sucking up a little too much mind control smoke yourself. Did you ever consider that?

Look, chemtrails may not be real, but until im absolutely positive they arent i wouldnt go around making broad generalizations.

You have to understand that the technology of the lizard people is probably vastly superior to ours, so is it not possible they could make em look like contrails just to fool you?

Psssst ... trust me, I know! There is a lizard person forcing me to type the things I type. The cold blooded bastard just snuck off to pee some of his cold blue urine. I have just a few minu ...wait... is he back alrea ...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Why do you guys gotta be like "nah thats totally stupid you're an idiot" at harvey just because hes asking a question?

That was rad. You totally had me going up to the lizard people part.

Psssst ... trust me, I know! There is a lizard person forcing me to type the things I type. The cold blooded bastard just snuck off to pee some of his cold blue urine. I have just a few minu ...wait... is he back alrea ...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

see? now your just being silly again.

talk about close minded. No wonder they've gotten so far.

That was rad. You totally had me going up to the lizard people part.

excuse me, i was working under the assumption that everyone understands that the world is run by sinister shapeshifing lizards.

I mean, i thought that much was pretty clear.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts

• black people are hilarious