WIRE FANS: Prequels, snitches! xmas done came erly

Comments

• for those that know, who does "down in the hole" this season?

• can't really see pelecanos in any, must be price, alvarez, and lehane.

I've been reading a lot of Pelacanos lately and I'm pained to admit that dude's novels are actually kinda corny. And I say this as a huge Wire fan. I just think maybe dude is better suited to writing for the screen....

• for those that know, who does "down in the hole" this season?

SOULJAH BOY.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts

for those that know, who does "down in the hole" this season?

SOULJAH BOY.

It has a dance routine and everything.

"when I say 'hole' make O with your hands, and rock on your left foot.."

• arrright, we getting real close, people.

any truth to the rumors that the first episode will be on demand on dec 31st?

"the fucks wrong with this city?"

Havent heard. Whats it supposed to be? The 6th?

Dude, we just finished season 4 here, finally Im caught up with everyone else. Season 5 looks to be a smash. We're so into this shit here at my place it aint even funny.

"the fucks wrong with this city?"

haha I'm liking how that white yahoo cop seems to feature prominently.

• Clay Davis indicted on theft charges???

SHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEIT!

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts

for those that know, who does "down in the hole" this season?

Steve Earle.

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    Yo, it's my hope that Slim Charles becomes the next kingpin of West Baltimore.

• Why hasn't this leaked yet?!?!

We already know that 1-7 is out there. Someone's gotta blur out the tracking code and get it online!

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts

Yes, this is true.

We already know that 1-7 is out there. Someone's gotta blur out the tracking code and get it online!

Are you kidding?

You want to watch the climax of the best television show in a good decade on your COMPUTER??

The internet has made fools of us all.

I cannot wait to watch ONE episode per week. The tension and buildup of those other worthless 6 days is half the fun!

• HamHam 872 Posts
    i hope this doesnt leak, cause i do not have the self-discipline to watch it once a week if it's available all at once.

• Remember when Cutty in season 4 was listenin' to Curtis Mayfields "Move On Up" when he went for a run?

Check out the cover of Curtis Mayfields "Curtis" lp, under his left leg is a sign in the distance.

It says "CUTTY".

Dont know if thats been mentioned, but its kinda cool.

Oh yeah, to hell with watching season 5 on the computer.

One a week for me.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Why hasn't this leaked yet?!?!

Are you kidding?

You want to watch the climax of the best television show in a good decade on your COMPUTER??

The internet has made fools of us all.

I cannot wait to watch ONE episode per week. The tension and buildup of those other worthless 6 days is half the fun!

Fools you say. So if someone posted up a link to youtube you'd be able to resist?
    I know what you mean. It's like when the new Star Wars movies came out, and I had the pirate dvd, pre cinema release, and people kept coming in while we were watching it, seeing what it was, then running from the room covering their eyes.

But not being in the US I'll be waiting for ever to see this on tv, so I thank jebus for the internets.

I demand leakage!

• I demand leakage!

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    I don't have cable or internets and until S4, I watched the show four or five episodes at a time on DVD. The best thing about that is, other than the no waiting, that you get a real feel of the show's rhythm and flow - it's more like a movie. Then S4 came on bootleg courtesy of Pacific Mall and I had to force myself to slow down and watch one every week or so just to make it last and not have to wait so long for S5.

I'm almost finished Simon's Homicide: A Year on the Killing Streets and damn it's a hard book to put down. Real Christmas holiday reading!

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts

I demand leakage!

• I'm almost finished Simon's Homicide: A Year on the Killing Streets and damn it's a hard book to put down. Real Christmas holiday reading!

yeah, a real pick me up

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    If they don't figure out who killed LaTonya Wallace, I'm going to break something.
    Nevermind the obvious reasons, but the build-up and the dead-ends and the trying to figure out who it could be, is the crime related to Andrea Perry or not - AK!

• "Odyssey" - a promo for the new season. Some nice stories here, particularly about auditions, and who got to play which characters. To watch the whole thing, there's 14 2-minute clips for this, so just check in the "related movies" window to the right on your screen in youtube for all of em.

• PS: Simon talks about the show ultimately as a tragedy. I hate to think what this means for our fave characters. I'm thinking McNulty.

• The internet has made fools of us all.

Said as you post online for info on the Wire? The irony....

• PS: Simon talks about the show ultimately as a tragedy. I hate to think what this means for our fave characters. I'm thinking McNulty.

or Bunk. basically though the most sympathetic characters have already been doomed/killed.

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    Why hasn't this leaked yet?!?!

Whatup Hermillo!
    The screeners came with a letter from David Simon begging not to leak it, and about the integrity of the show, etc. I'd be willing to bet that someone leaks it within the first few weeks of airing though. I can't really see how writers/critics would have any interest in leaking these things though anyways, unless they sell copies to friends and the friends leak it or some shit. It's worth the wait, bitches!

• It's worth the wait, bitches!

Ummm...that's easy for YOU to say:

Just got the screeners for episodes 1-7. Its gonna be a long night tonight.

Are you kidding?

You're goddamn right! Do you not check for advance bootlegs of the new Kanye, Jay-Z or whoever because the quality is too low? Hell no! You listen to the shitty quality version then listen AGAIN when the album drops!

Which is exactly how I did with The Wire, DL'ed the torrents, watched every episode of every season including the season 4 eps which hadn't even aired yet, then bought all the DVD's and rewatched 'em.

We're not fools, we're just not gonna let them control when we watch 'em.

• Just to put this shit in perspective:

I currently have 11 other tabs open, each of 'em loading a different YouTube clip of that Odyssey special that's broken up into 2 min segments. I'm doing this so I can watch 'em one right after the other without having to wait for the next to load.

C'mon, Jonny... I don't drink, I don't smoke, I stopped juggling ladyfriends...let me at least have this!