WIRE FANS: Prequels, snitches! xmas done came erly

mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
edited December 2007 in Strut Central
HBO offers free Wire prequelsDecember 5, 2007 - 3:40pmSomewhat softening the blow of the upcoming, abbreviated season of The Wire being its last, HBO is offering short "prequels" featuring Wire characters for free right now on Amazon.com, beginning Dec. 15 on HBO.com and its On Demand service, and each will air at the close of a fifth-season episode, starting with the third installment. Creator David Simon produced the vignettes concurrently with working on the show's finale, although they don't have any bearing on the season's story lines: Two focus on Proposition Joe and Omar as children (!) and the third follows McNulty and Bunk on McNulty's first day on the job, making them something akin to David Simon's Wire Babies. For people who love The Wire (there are a few of you out there, right?), shiiiiiiiit....Christmas just came a little early. AND HERE THEY ARE:http://tiny.cc/VHaIh http://tiny.cc/kAvtV http://tiny.cc/7iQjYthe wire prequelsenjoy=================="in the midnight shift i'm rarely sober"more mcnulty-isms to live by!

Comments

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Dope. Its good to see that the wire will actually be a big show this year.

Sooo many people got into it off the dvds.

Prop joes was the best btw, i love that charachter.

• I thought this link was gonna lace me with a link to the first episode of season 5....

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts

I thought this link was gonna lace me with a link to the first episode of season 5....

stop bitching
    be happy with what you got

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts

Thanks.

Man a Young Omar, spin-off would be so fresh.

• I thought this link was gonna lace me with a link to the first episode of season 5....

stop bitching

No need to be salty... Read between the lines and see what I see...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

sorry i didn't mean to snap like that
    i get sensitive when i think the wire is being under appreciated

I thought this link was gonna lace me with a link to the first episode of season 5....

stop bitching

No need to be salty... Read between the lines and see what I see...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

fuck, they even call it the final season not season 5! the wire is going out on top!

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    HBO just started replaying the last season as well, I assume in preparation for the finale coming up in January. I didn't check to see whether it was on demand, but if it is, I know what I'm doing this weekend.

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    Just got the screeners for episodes 1-7. Its gonna be a long night tonight. The news crew is the shit.

Let me know if you dudes want spoilers and I'll spill the beans

• wwwwwwwwwhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaa?
    nospoilers...iwant burns of those tings man!

• actually, i want to know if they pick up the season 4 threads pretty quickly or is there a long immersion into the new characters

• wwwwwwwwwhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaa?

FOR REAL! Pretty pleeeeeease, Meaty???

wwwwwwwwwhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaa?

can't do it... the screeners came with a letter from David Simon himself asking not to distribute or leak them, plus they're burnt with a code at the top, so the dude I got them from could get fired and his company could get sued if they got leaked.

I will bless you with these gems...
    Police ain't gettin paid, and McNultys drinking hard again. McNulty is a big player in season 5.

actually, i want to know if they pick up the season 4 threads pretty quickly or is there a long immersion into the new characters

The newsroom is full of new characters. They pick up right from Season 4, basically a few months after.

its going to be frustrating for me though, cuz I'm going to have to wait for episodes 8-10 until they get leaked... I guess they didnt distribute screeners for the ending.

• can you just post the direct link? i don't think a URL i've clicked has ever been too long, if everyone on soulstrut clicks do you get a dollar or something?

not posting it anywhere. I didn't get this from the internet, I have hard copies, lended to me from a guy who writes for the Chicago Tribune

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    wwwwwwwwwhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaa?

can't do it... the screeners came with a letter from David Simon himself asking not to distribute or leak them, plus they're burnt with a code at the top, so the dude I got them from could get fired and his company could get sued if they got leaked.

I will bless you with these gems...
    Police ain't gettin paid, and McNultys drinking hard again. McNulty is a big player in season 5.

Nice, which of the kids from Season 4 are featured this season?

• not posting it anywhere. I didn't get this from the internet, I have hard copies, lended to me from a guy who writes for the Chicago Tribune

i was talking about the person who starting this post using "tiny url" links, those things just bug me

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    These prequel schitts are awful--wish I hadn't watched them.

• McNulty is a big player in season 5.

always good entertainment

yeah, of course i am wondering how soon we can jump back into season 4 plot lines...what happened to omar after the heist, marlo and the greek, mike and dook running corners, randy's travails etc.

But i guess it will be better to wait and be surprised. less than 3 weeks!!!!!

• Police ain't gettin paid,

I KNEW IT. I knew Carcetti's promise of raises was never gonna pan out. He promised too much. Cops are gonna get salty. Should be good.

McNultys drinking hard again.

hate to say it, but I think we can all agree his character is WAAAY more interesting when he's drinking!

McNulty is a big player in season 5.

YES.

i'm not trying to read any type of spoilers...
    not even of the "i'll just say this..." variety

please keep em out of my thread!

• parenparen 537 Posts
    Just got the screeners for episodes 1-7. Its gonna be a long night tonight. The news crew is the shit.

Let me know if you dudes want spoilers and I'll spill the beans

what's up, mang! peace from japan. b/w i hate you right now.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    i'm not trying to read any type of spoilers...
    not even of the "i'll just say this..." variety

please keep em out of my thread!

• MoSSMoSS 458 Posts
    It's pretty easy to get rid of the #'s used to track the screeners. It doesn't take long to mask all that. I guess we'll wait and see if someone leaks it, but I'm guessing it won't be long at all.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    If you have cable with on demand, HBO has posted the prequel clips as well as the two half hour specials, one looking back at seasons 1-4 and on looking forward to season 5.

• thats a little exaggerated.
    they are a little silly. i def thought the prop joe one was mad muppetbabies.
    and the omar one wasnt too realistic either...he always struck me as more of a comic book character (him and mouzone) as opposed to the realism manifested everywhere else. i liked the omar skit though

what kinda problem could you possibly have with the mcnulty/bunk skit? that shit is hilarious!!!

• i'm kinda suprised that chase gave the o.k. for those skits... they all seem silly. i wonder who wrote 'em...

can't really see pelecanos in any, must be price, alvarez, and lehane.

anyway, i've been biding my time watching back episodes of "homicide" and some of the parallels are beyond obvious. fiending; if i see a torrent for a leak, i'l go after it in a heartbeat.