HOW TO BEHAVE AT YOUR COMPANY XMAS PARTY?

Comments

• the only reason I'd be there would be to talk to one of those bar broads. Even though I think it's a bit creepy that such a service exists...

there is also a service where you can fuck chicks for a fee

• the only reason I'd be there would be to talk to one of those bar broads. Even though I think it's a bit creepy that such a service exists...

there is also a service where you can fuck chicks for a fee

No shit? But really, that's kind of what it reminds me of, albeit on a different scale.

• Hillary

Hillary

Hillary

Hillary

SHE DESERVES HER OWN THREAD.

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    I'm going to my wife's holiday party. Since I don't work there, do I have to behave myself???

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    Ours was last night. All I can say is that Wuthering Heights is the ultimate karaoke song. Although our 60 year old accountant doing a powder-fuelled NWA medley will live in my mind garden for ever.

• When the boss's wife starts looking hot and you think she's flirting with you stop drinking.

What about when she gets sloppy drunk, confesses she had a sex dream about you, and tells you her breasts are still firm enough that she's not wearing a bra?

Christmas party in 05... when I just smiled and nodded feeling a) plastered and b) uncomfortable she proceeded to grab my hand and rub it on her breasts. This is when the boss shows up, and they start having a shouting match (nothing aimed at me) so I make a break for the public bar downstairs, which is packed.

Wrong choice man, should have gone home. Apparently 3 of the boys from the stockroom, who are all huge rugby playing islanders overheard the argument and having taken it apon themselves to "sort me out" with a few of their cousins in tow. All these dudes were 200kg of Tongan muscle, I was about 90 of pasty flabbiness.

So they have me pinned up against the ATM (which was funny after the fact, because I remembered that there had been huge lines all night, and heaps of people where standing to use it but apparently no one wanted money THAT bad) while the bosses "cousin" from shipping spits/yells in my face. Mrs Boss then comes barreling down the stairs, pulls the dudes off me and starts berating them for being brutes. They all look like little boys, eyes all downcast, and leave for the bar, tails between their legs.

She offered me a lift home in the bosses Audi TT, and I didn't really want to but I wanted to roll the fuck out so I took it. She tried to give me a handy while driving (which she was too drunk to do anyway) I didn't oblige, thanked her and got out of the car about a suburb from my house.

I just never went back to the job, and I haven't seen a single person I worked with there ever again.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    When the boss's wife starts looking hot and you think she's flirting with you stop drinking.

What about when she gets sloppy drunk, confesses she had a sex dream about you, and tells you her breasts are still firm enough that she's not wearing a bra?

Christmas party in 05... when I just smiled and nodded feeling a) plastered and b) uncomfortable she proceeded to grab my hand and rub it on her breasts. This is when the boss shows up, and they start having a shouting match (nothing aimed at me) so I make a break for the public bar downstairs, which is packed.

Wrong choice man, should have gone home. Apparently 3 of the boys from the stockroom, who are all huge rugby playing islanders overheard the argument and having taken it apon themselves to "sort me out" with a few of their cousins in tow. All these dudes were 200kg of Tongan muscle, I was about 90 of pasty flabbiness.

So they have me pinned up against the ATM (which was funny after the fact, because I remembered that there had been huge lines all night, and heaps of people where standing to use it but apparently no one wanted money THAT bad) while the bosses "cousin" from shipping spits/yells in my face. Mrs Boss then comes barreling down the stairs, pulls the dudes off me and starts berating them for being brutes. They all look like little boys, eyes all downcast, and leave for the bar, tails between their legs.

She offered me a lift home in the bosses Audi TT, and I didn't really want to but I wanted to roll the fuck out so I took it. She tried to give me a handy while driving (which she was too drunk to do anyway) I didn't oblige, thanked her and got out of the car about a suburb from my house.

I just never went back to the job, and I haven't seen a single person I worked with there ever again.

DocBeezy would be proud.

• If you value your employment, any drunk is too drunk.

A couple of people at last nights party could have used these wise words.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    If you start feeling like these people are your friends, then you've had too much to drink and it's time to go.

This is a wise man right here.

You really don't like the people at your work?? I feel sorry for you guys. I reguarly go out with the cats i work with and we all get along pretty good.

My company is pretty big (around 1000 employees), and I party with a dozen or so younger co-workers on a regular basis. I say have a couple of drinks at the party, get your strategic networking out of the way, then bounce back to your place with your work-friends and get there if that's what you're looking to do. Plus, I assume you can't enjoy a at your company party.

Or can you?

• I recently started working for an advertising agency.. It seems in this industry getting shitty isn't just accepted - it's expected. When the CFO invites everybody to the afterparty and slaps his credit card down on the bar, you'd best oblige.

Here's to getting busy in the bathroom with that girl from accounting.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,086 Posts
    I've been to a couple of half-day Christmas parties/BBQs at this small, family-owned construction company. No one, including myself, has ever gotten drunk, despite everyone there drank in their off-hours and there was lots of beer and wine being served. I guess it was a combination of having to drive home, everyone there was in their 40-50s (like every job I have held..no one my own age) and, despite it was a tight-knit group of non-conservative people, everyone didn't seem to feel comfortable about boozing in front of coworkers.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts

Yet another great reason to take that party home!

I mean, no, no???sleeping with co-workers is a bad idea.....

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    I recently started working for an advertising agency.. It seems in this industry getting shitty isn't just accepted - it's expected. When the CFO invites everybody to the afterparty and slaps his credit card down on the bar, you'd best oblige.

Truth! I'm in Marketing and go to a lot of conferences. It is always expected that we're going to get shitty. Recently at a conference in Florida, my group was confronted by Nokia. They said they had heard about our legendary partying and were going to try and "out rage" us. It was a valiant effort, but they never had a chance. People started dropping one by one until 8AM when it was me and my boss sitting in the hotel bar passing around a bottle of Vodka. It also happens that 8AM was when breakfast was being served for the conference so we stumbled over bottle in hand to get our grub on. Folks were definitely giving us the eye and one of the dudes from Nokia came over and excalimed "wait... have you guys been up this whole time!? Impressive!" Like I said, they never had a chance. I had my breakfast and went straight to the booth for my morning booth duty. Didn't get to sleep until noon. Fantastic.

I'm not even going to get into the debauchery that happened at the 3GSM conference in Barcelona last February. People are still talking about it

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    My company X-mas party was last night and I hung for about an hour, had 3 drinks and hauled ass out of there.

I had been asked to provide the X-Mas music via a CD-R which was apparently a mistake.

The party was in a restaurant that had other customers dining besides our associates.

About one minute in to the first song, Sonny Boy Williamson's "Santa Claus" we were asked to turn the music off!!

Less music means more conversation with spouses, dates and fiance's

It sucked.

I rocked Sonny Boy all the way home.....

My baby went shoppin yesterday,
    Said, "I'm gonna buy what you need for Santa Claus."
    My baby went shoppin yesterday,
    Said, "I'm gonna buy what you need for Santa Claus."
    "I'm gonna take mine with me,"
    "But I'll leave yours in my dresser drawer."

So, that started me to ramblin,
    Lookin in all of my baby's dresser drawers.
    Wow, that started me to ramblin,
    Lookin all in my baby's dresser drawers.
    Tryin to find out,
    What did she bought me for Santa Claus.

When I pulled out the bottom dresser drawer,
    The landlady got mad and called the law.
    When I pulled out the bottom dresser drawer,
    The landlady got mad and called the law.
    I was just tryin to find,
    What did she bought me for Santa Claus.

The police walked in and jarred me on the shoulder,
    "What you doing with your hand in that woman's dresser drawer?"
    I hand the police a letter my baby wrote me,
    Showin where I should find my Santa Claus.
    I just kept on pullin out all of my baby's dresser drawers.

I walked out and left the police and the landlady arguin,
    Said, "Look at the man done pull out all the lady's dresser drawers."
    Yes, I walked out and left the police and the landlady arguin,
    Said, "Look at the man done pull out all the lady's dresser drawers."
    But he said, "I got the letter and show the judge."
    "The boy just tryin to find his Santa Claus."
    Oh yeah.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    I recently started working for an advertising agency.. It seems in this industry getting shitty isn't just accepted - it's expected. When the CFO invites everybody to the afterparty and slaps his credit card down on the bar, you'd best oblige.

that's how it turned out except the girl was from interactive

i've been at this job about 5 months and last night my comrades proved to be some wild animals
    the party was at our office but we dressed it up a little and turned down the lights. by the end of the night
    girls were smashing glasses on the floor
    bean bags were getting ripped apart and bean bag ball snow angels were made on the floor
    there was smoking indoors, by the head of the agency
    his wife was getting freaky on the dance floor
    some girl was having sex on her boss's desk
    i feel kinda bad for the cleaning crew

unfortunately, brittney k didn't look as good as the picture... in fact, i'm not even sure it was the same girl! i think beautiful bartenders is a scam that just posts pics of hot girls and sends normal looking but trashier versions of whichever girl you choose. but i digress.

enjoying the people you work with is a good feeling and a nice morale booster to boot

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    I work for the government. We party everyday. Baby Jeebus can eat a nut.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts

...bean bags were getting ripped apart and bean bag ball snow angels were made on the floor.

??!??!

Where do you work, dude?

• some girl was having sex on her boss's desk

enjoying the people you work with is a good feeling and a nice morale booster to boot

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    You really don't like the people at your work?? I feel sorry for you guys. I reguarly go out with the cats i work with and we all get along pretty good. I find working hospitality and retail that you bond pretty good with the crew you work with. My christmas party is next wednesday im gettin drunk...but holding back a little. At least until the owner leaves!

I see a clear distinction between work friends, and my real life friends. Sure I am definitely friends with people at work, but not to far beyond working/partying. I would assume that office jobs are a different entry in that log.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

...bean bags were getting ripped apart and bean bag ball snow angels were made on the floor.

??!??!

Where do you work, dude?

HAHAHAHA

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I skipped the E! Holiday party a couple days back at the Sony Studios.

only thing I missed was hanging out with snoop (which would of sucked in sobriety anyways) and Frickin' this one dudes secretary.

in the morning I had no hangover and unlike last year I didn't end up on the roof of my folks house at the end of the night

This was probably a different division but I had the opportunity to shadow Icy Ice on a gig to DJ the holiday party for some Sony Entertainment office which was held on a boat. Couldn't make the time but I heard the event was

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    You really don't like the people at your work?? I feel sorry for you guys. I reguarly go out with the cats i work with and we all get along pretty good. I find working hospitality and retail that you bond pretty good with the crew you work with. My christmas party is next wednesday im gettin drunk...but holding back a little. At least until the owner leaves!

I see a clear distinction between work friends, and my real life friends. Sure I am definitely friends with people at work, but not to far beyond working/partying. I would assume that office jobs are a different entry in that log.

any job i've had...even the dudes i actually end up getting along with pretty well are still strictly work acquaintances. ive never made a REAL "Friend" at a job.

• So I had a startup right out of college and it was our practice to hire Santa Clara students as interns for course credit. At the peak of the company we had 10 of the hottest college girls working for us as interns. Good times. Well, we threw a holiday party in SF one year. We rented one of those van/limo type things to cart everyone up for a nice dinner and then an evening at the bars. Well, one of the other founders of the company hooked up with one of the interns, not knowing that another male intern was totally in love with this girl. It turns into a huge debachle and the next Monday we had to have a founders meeting just to discuss policy on hooking up with interns! Sadly, it was decided we couldn't

Herbs. Nothing is more pathetic then guys whose only to way to have any contact what so ever with hot girls is through their jobs and positions, especially interns. Sadly though, that is standard practice in corporate america.

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    So I had a startup right out of college and it was our practice to hire Santa Clara students as interns for course credit. At the peak of the company we had 10 of the hottest college girls working for us as interns. Good times. Well, we threw a holiday party in SF one year. We rented one of those van/limo type things to cart everyone up for a nice dinner and then an evening at the bars. Well, one of the other founders of the company hooked up with one of the interns, not knowing that another male intern was totally in love with this girl. It turns into a huge debachle and the next Monday we had to have a founders meeting just to discuss policy on hooking up with interns! Sadly, it was decided we couldn't

Herbs. Nothing is more pathetic then guys whose only to way to have any contact what so ever with hot girls is through their jobs and positions, especially interns. Sadly though, that is standard practice in corporate america.

That's it dude... clearly our only way of having contact with hot girls. It just so happened that a good amount of the interns who wanted to work for us were hot girls. Nevermind that they were all extremely smart, hard working and dedicated to our company. Nevermind that we were on the cover of Entrepreneur Magazine as seniors in college. Those were the doo dah days before everything fell apart.

I guess it's easy to take that story for face value given the context of the thread, but believe me there was more to it.

• i don't know if i would be able to behave if they had New Castle and Jameson.

• I recently started working for an advertising agency.. It seems in this industry getting shitty isn't just accepted - it's expected. When the CFO invites everybody to the afterparty and slaps his credit card down on the bar, you'd best oblige.

i've been at this job about 5 months and last night my comrades proved to be some wild animals
    the party was at our office but we dressed it up a little and turned down the lights. by the end of the night
    bean bags were getting ripped apart and bean bag ball snow angels were made on the floor

unfortunately, brittney k didn't look as good as the picture... in fact, i'm not even sure it was the same girl! i think beautiful bartenders is a scam that just posts pics of hot girls and sends normal looking but trashier versions of whichever girl you choose. but i digress.

I remember you posted a picture with a bunch of actors from HBO. Was "Bunk" and "Omar" from the Wire getting crunk?

??!??!

Where do you work, dude?

HAHAHAHA

ha, good one yo. i heard recently that the bean bags cost $1000. that type of financial waste is mind-boggling... but they are pretty comfortable

i now work at an ad agency called media arts lab (part of chiat/day). thursday was our company's party. tonight is chiat/day's at union station downtown. hopefully it'll be as crackin as thursday

I remember you posted a picture with a bunch of actors from HBO. Was "Bunk" and "Omar" from the Wire getting crunk?

ha, that was when i worked on the sopranos.
    speaking of those two though... i'm about to create a new post that'll make wire fans get a severe pants-tent

i got a piece of advice after going through this thursday:

NEVER invite your friend to dj the party
    my boy chris has been spinning for 15 years at all types of venues, so he's more than proficient
    but people at a company party are bound to all have different tastes and they all feel entitled to make multiple requests and complaints because its "their" party. it got pretty annoying