Was 2007 a good year for you?

Comments

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    All things considered, I can't really complain about 2007 too much. Built some good friendships, but did not really accomplish enough professionally. I've taken steps this past month to hopefully make 2008 better in all areas, so I'm going to view the glass as half full for now.

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts
    2007 was good times. There is little to complain about. I have no idea yet what to do in 2008 though.

• inVrsinVrs 687 Posts
    dont know what to think of this year. was good probably... nothing new though..
    musically it was not that exciting. wish it had been 1967.

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    2006 sucked so badly for me that i became all jaded and curmudgeonly and then 2007 surprised me by being pretty great all the way through and made me stupid happy/grateful which i think my cynical ass needed. i'm glad i'm such a camera freak that i documented most of it

That video was fuck.ing great. It made me realize just how many people have been brought together through Soulstrut.

This is Frames Worthy

2007 was an incredible year for me.

Co-sign on all accounts!! That video was the truth! Made me all warm and fuzzy inside... '07 honestly has been the best year of my life so far. Here's to money makin '08!!

• PunditPundit 438 Posts
    I had a superfucked 2005 and 2006 so even though parts of this year blowed considerably, I have made some decent moves on a personal and professional front, achieved a few personal and financial goals, and am now well situated to maximise on 2008. Just found out the school I teach for on the casual might have had it's card pulled by the government which means I lose out on good money and hours, but I'm not even phased whereas a year ago that'd be enough to send me into a depressive tailspin. Figured out a little while ago that you truly can think yourself into and out of all types of shit, so I'm real careful with how I direct my thoughts these days. But the last six months have been sweet, regular work routine, regular dj hours, getting off the ol chops on a regular basis and enjoying good times with many friends whilst paying debts off and saving a little coin to boot.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    One of the best years to date for me...

although i have alaways had good summers in the past years (peru related) one thingwas always missing...

2007 started of badly with my big time ex burning me...i fekt quite deoressed and was struggling through my last smester...

but then i met great people that made me forget about that and my brazil aspirations got confirmed which was a great start...

spending my first summer in mtl in the past 5 years was also great...re-appreciate good friends and got some awesome training...also met my new girl who is such a keeper its outrageous...that alone makes my 2007...

but this brazilian project has changed my outlook on life and what i will be aiming for in the years to come...picture perfect match that came out of nowhere

i am finishing up the year in urugay with my girl planning a great 08

so yeah its been good to me

• '07 was pretty for me. got a good job, school's goin well, lucked out and somehow got into a great relationship ( ?), got a solidass apartment/roommates, got back into skating and finally got my partying under control. all i need now is for moms and pops to pick up a new ipod for christmas and to get drunk on new years. '08 is lookin real nice right now too.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    2007 was cool.

Thinking back, 1997 was also pretty kick ass.

In fact, I remember really liking 1987 as well.

1977 I was only 1, so I don't know about that one.

• 2007 was a necessary year. Big year for career; down year for relationships. Spent most of the year saving and making money, to hopefully make some big moves and changes in 2008.

• this year was pretty good for me. i got to nerd out and meet jim barnett at least.

since when did soulstrut get korean gremlins?

and is the crushed can a hite can?

the new site looks great, but i was already waaaaay behind on trying decipher soulstrut-isms, now i'll never catch up!

MANSEI!!!!

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

It wasn't as cool as 1975 when the Kool Aid Man strolled down my street in Gretna, Louisiana throwing out Kool-Aid packets and stickers along the way.

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts
    ---This graem kix ass!

2007 was neither a good nor bad year for me. All advances I made were negated by the end of the year, placing me back to square one.

One thing I've learned is that I should not make New Year's resolutions.

• My family is healthy and taken care of, so its been a good year. There's been no shortage of bullshit, but there always is and always will be. I try to stay positive, count my blessings and consider myself fortunate.

• Creatively yes. I started a second blog, got to be part of the Asbury Park 45 Sessions (and now the 4th and Kingsley Soul Club).

Personally I still haven't made up my mind. Some rough spots with childcare issues/money, but as my wife says, this too shall pass....

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    i'm glad i'm such a camera freak that i documented most of it

Cosine on this vid, amazing work. Totally love those "night in the city" shots, that's what always makes me dream about the US, since you dont have that vibe over here. Also a really beautiful way to document your life. congrats

for me, 2007 was ok. not superduper, but also not too bad. I am still glad to get around with djing and doing what i love to do! 2008 should see more music from my side though!!!

Now as far as records goes, this year has been the best so far in my life. The level of grails getting crossed from the the list has never been higher. Oh, and I love how "privater kopfgarten" is shown in green above the threads, that made my day yesterday. Good feature, thanks for that one RAJ

So i have to say, 2007 is/was

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    2007 was OK, I guess. It was definitely a step up from 2006, but 2006 was wack.

• 2007 was a necessary year. Big year for career.

• pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts
    2007 was a good look.

Got divorced.
    Nobody died.
    Quit my dead end job and back to work with my pops.

Took a few major financial hits, but that's what happens when your ex wife is a cheating whore who leaves you with the bills.

But for all intents and purposes, I finally have my life back.

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    I set my goals too high for 2007 so it appears like a failure of a year, but all in all it was okay and I setup 2008 to be a massive year! I just need to be a bit more realistic about my goals this year... but it's looking promising. Had a solid job interview in SF on Monday that could potentially allow me to move back to Potrero Hill and WALK to work! Got a CD coming out early in the year that'll melt people's faces off! So on and so forth.

More records and women in 2007 that any other year so that's nice

Big things in 2008!

• Ups and downs ... mostly ups, though.

Definitely diggin' my 2007 vinyl purchases, as well as my weekly DJ night where I air them out.

Rock band is going well (though one member/close friend moved out to LA ... miss that bastard).

I had a love connections that I didn't see coming that's looking like it'll turn lifelong ... so so good on so many levels (and certainly the best part of my 2007).

I found a job I like at a research library. Though, my boss just left her job today which means I'll be running an archive alone for the few months it will take to find her replacement. Strange ... but at least it will be a good resume booster.

I'll wrap up my MLS in 2008 and start my real job search. Real record $$, here I come!

• jimeyjimey 279 Posts
    2007 was OK, I guess. It was definitely a step up from 2006, but 2006 was wack.

• 07 was a waste of time and money. started off promising. dipped low in the middle. and is ending promising. 07 can fuck off.

08! can't wait to get to know ya....

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts

got

a new house,
    a new job,
    a new girl,
    a weekly dj gig**,
    a new record out,
    a bunch of old records in,
    and finally got pubes

*knock on wood
    ** this shit ended last month but having to be there EVERY single saturday was kinda getting to be a beating anyway.

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    2007 was a good look.

Took a few major financial hits, but that's what happens when your ex wife is a cheating whore who leaves you with the bills.

Damn.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Got a CD coming out early in the year that'll melt people's faces off!

About time

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    Got a CD coming out early in the year that'll melt people's faces off!

About time

Hey... cut me some slack, I work (read: drink) a lot!

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    2006 was wack.

Couldn't agree more.

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts

and finally got pubes

I'm not sure I have the full quaffed bush of Chadrock but I've sprouted a few new ones.

Got married, got a new boat, got to travel, saw some amazing live music, and I got a mint/unplayed copy of East of the Underground among many other cheese and wine storage wall joints.

It was a decent year.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    2007 was on some rollercoaster shit for real. everytime i thought it s was great...shitstorm. every time i thought it could'nt get any worse...something great happens.

met a LOT of great people in 2007. Asprin's wedding party and my Chicago trip were definitely highlights. My girl trading me in for a vagina, and missing my flight to france were some serious lows.

SOULSTRUT FAM!!!! We are going to get it in soooo viciously in 08. BUHLEEEDAT!

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    2007 was the start of new things for me.