Hatton vs Mayweather this Saturday!

LawrenceLawrence 125 Posts
edited December 2007 in Strut Central
predictions?

Comments

• I wanna see Mayweather get his ass kicked... Hatton is probably the first worthy opponent he's faced. The fight game is so crooked, it'll most likely be a lousy fight that leaves room for a rematch.

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts
    Floyd is going to do what he does... Hatton is a tough fellow though... you cant stand in front of Hatton and go toe to toe... keep moving and pick your shots...

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    hbo? or pay per view????

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts
    hbo? or pay per view????

dude...

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    predictions?

I predict that for $54.95 I'll be watching the free replay next week.

Mayweather will win.

I'm waiting for at least one strutter to say "I'm pulling for Hatton because he's white"

Won't hold my breath though.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,889 Posts
    I am pulling for Hatton because he's a Manchester City fan. If he gets beat it's because da fixx woz in

Hearns is my all-time favourite pugilist. KRONK in the house.

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts

• Mayweather will win.

• hbo? or pay per view????

24th row.

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts

Mayweather will win.

No duh?! You blokes got to be kidding me if you think Hatton is gonna win.

• Mayweather will win.

saying.

• not saying hatton is going to win but he has as good a shot as anyone ... should be a good, technical fight .. looking forward to it

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts

Mayweather will win.

Hatton has never fought any one of Mayweather standard on his own turf yet, and to fight in the US will be the icing on the cake, i cant wait to see him get punished for fighting kostya so dirty!

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    Hatton will win, Floyd has brittle hands.

• definitely excited for this. i'm ordering the fight (or at least pitching in w/ friends) if i am in town. last mayweather fight, i went to a bar that was showin it up the street and could hardly see the big screen tv because so many heads were crowded in there. it was free though, so i might try to scope out another bar showing the fight w/o a cover.

that being said, i think mayweather will win. i do like hatton's style though.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Mayweather will win

Pretty Boy Floyd is too quick on his feet, skillful, and hard to hit. I predict a late round stoppage on cuts and/or accumulation of punishment. Hatton will take many open, hard shots which will wear on him. Quick, effective punching will stop most guys over a long bout. Remember Arturo Gatti??? Since Gatti was old, I'll tack on a few rounds (since Hatton is younger than Gatti) and say it ends by the 9th or 10th.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts

Something real odd about that picture. Not so much a Man United player cosigning a Man City fan, as a Man City fan allowing himself to be publicly cosigned by a Man United player. I don't know what this world is coming to.

Oh, btw, as a Brit, it's got to be Hatton for me - dunno that he'll win, but I'd like to see him win nonetheless.

Maybe nobody told Richard that Roo-naldo was stood behind him... Yes, what is this world coming to?

(Just transferring Cristiano Ronaldo in as Wizard's Sleeves Captain all season).

:nevarthatson:

• Mayweather will win

Pretty Boy Floyd is too quick on his feet, skillful, and hard to hit. I predict a late round stoppage on cuts and/or accumulation of punishment. Hatton will take many open, hard shots which will wear on him. Quick, effective punching will stop most guys over a long bout. Remember Arturo Gatti??? Since Gatti was old, I'll tack on a few rounds (since Hatton is younger than Gatti) and say it ends by the 9th or 10th.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Don't be fooled by the Gatti fight. Gatti was all washed up by the time he fought Mayweather. Again, Mayweather has yet to fight a worthy opponent. Same thing they did with Tyson. They made him look invincible because they put a bunch of bums and/or washed up fighters in front of him and he made quick work of knocking them out. It was part of the spectacle that put asses in the seats and made the pay per view numbers skyrocket. The minute they matched him up against a decent fighter, he folded like a card table. Buster Douglas knocked him the fuck out and he wasn't even that good a fighter. Holyfield was already getting up there in age when he faced Tyson and Tyson couldn't do a thing to beat him. Mayweather is the same thing, albeit a much more technically adept fighter. His punches aren't powerful. For as many open shots he had against Gatti, he wasn't even close to knocking him out. If Hatton can catch him out there, it's the beginning of the end for Mayweather.

I for one, would love to see someone punch his head clean off his shoulders. He's a loudmouth, cocky douchebag that needs to be taken down a notch.

I think Tyson was already beat before he got in the ring with Buster Douglas. I think once Cus D'Amato was out of the picture and King and his entourage had Tyson's head pecked 24-7, his heart wasn't in it. Tyson at his peak was fantastic viewing.

I think Tyson was already beat before he got in the ring with Buster Douglas. I think once Cus D'Amato was out of the picture and King and his entourage had Tyson's head pecked 24-7, his heart wasn't in it. Tyson at his peak was fantastic viewing.

100%.....Tyson's career died with Cus.

• I'd have an easier time believing that if he actually fought anyone that was on his level. They just wanted to turn him into an attraction. The KO machine. I can believe the Cus D'Amato theory, but if you go back and check who he got in the ring with, they were easy matches. Tyson would finish em off 30 seconds into the match for chrissakes. I coulda knocked out Holmes and Spinks at that stage in their careers.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Mayweather will win

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Don't be fooled by the Gatti fight. Gatti was all washed up by the time he fought Mayweather. Again, Mayweather has yet to fight a worthy opponent. Same thing they did with Tyson. They made him look invincible because they put a bunch of bums and/or washed up fighters in front of him and he made quick work of knocking them out. It was part of the spectacle that put asses in the seats and made the pay per view numbers skyrocket. The minute they matched him up against a decent fighter, he folded like a card table. Buster Douglas knocked him the fuck out and he wasn't even that good a fighter. Holyfield was already getting up there in age when he faced Tyson and Tyson couldn't do a thing to beat him. Mayweather is the same thing, albeit a much more technically adept fighter. His punches aren't powerful. For as many open shots he had against Gatti, he wasn't even close to knocking him out. If Hatton can catch him out there, it's the beginning of the end for Mayweather.

I for one, would love to see someone punch his head clean off his shoulders. He's a loudmouth, cocky douchebag that needs to be taken down a notch.

Hey Iron Monkey,

You conveniently failed to mention his wins over Zab Judah, Diego Corrales, and Jose Luis Castillo, all of whom he beat in their primes. He also took care of De La Hoya (albeit in a "safe" type style of boxing), but his resume speaks for itself. These guys are bums??? Hatton's resume is way more than Floyd's could ever be.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

P.S. I totally agree with your sentiments as applied to Mike Tyson. He got large off fighting largely bums and old men, and got spanked by top-notch fighters.

• No, Mayweather has been tested more than Tyson and furthermore is a technically superb fighter. I think this fight may be his biggest test to date though. It's so hard to tell these days with the fight game being so corrupt. Personally, I would love to see him get humiliated, though I doubt that will happen. I predict Floyd will just dance around the ring and avoid toe to toe fighting, to win by points. Like I said before though, if Hatton catches him, it's over.

Stacks & IM,
    Don't you think that the crop of Heavyweights post Ali-Frazier were just weak?? Tyson beat all the comers like Tyrell Biggs, Michael Spinks, Tony Tubbs, Pinklon Thomas, etc. It's not his fault they all sucked. I don't think he really "ducked" anyone, do you??

When you look at the list of fighters that Ali beat in his career it's really not much different than Tyson's other than he was blessed with TWO very worthy opponents, Frazier & Foreman, which is really why this period is the hayday of the heavyweight. (I know Jimmy Ellis was a decent fighter, but he wasn't nearly as good as Frazier/Foreman)

By the time Tyson met Buster Douglas he was a mess emotionally and subsequently physically.

If the 1987 Tyson fought Ali or Frazier in their prime I believe he would have lost, but it would have been a hell of a fight.

Boxing is like ebay, it takes two to make it interesting and the last 30 years has produced very few good heavyweights.

Hey Rock,

I gotta disagree with you regarding Ali. Here are some of the noteworthy guys he beat in the 60's and 70's:

-Archie Moore (old and washed-up, though).
    -Henry Cooper (twice; tough Brit, first to knock him down as a pro).
    -Floyd Patterson (twice).
    -Sonny Liston (twice).
    -Ernie Terrell.
    -Cleveland Williams.
    -Zora Foley.
    -Jimmy Ellis.
    -Ken Norton (twice; though he struggled against him).
    -Joe Fraizer (twice).
    -George Foreman.
    -Jimmy Young (who beat Foreman, incidentally).

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

You're right....that is a better roster by far.....damn I miss good heavyweights.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Loving this thread...

I watch a lot of boxing, but i dont follow fighters, more an opportunist spectator, so when you guys that know a few things start talking, im all ears.

thats all,

Continue.