New Ghostface album

Comments

• i dont understand how someone can 'hate' pretty toney and like everything after it. these albums since have basically been rehashes of pretty toney + a pete rock or dilla beat

I don't understand how someone can 'hate' pretty toney at all. that album is fresh.

"Run" is a modern classic - but I dont return to that record much.

honestly I celebrate the entire tracklist with the exception of the Missy joint. even "Tooken Back" has its moments. Love, Ghostface, Save me Dear, Hollah and Biscuits are all dope.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    i dont understand how someone can 'hate' pretty toney and like everything after it. these albums since have basically been rehashes of pretty toney + a pete rock or dilla beat

I don't understand how someone can 'hate' pretty toney at all. that album is fresh.

honestly I celebrate the entire tracklist with the exception of the Missy joint. even "Tooken Back" has its moments. Love, Ghostface, Save me Dear, Hollah and Biscuits are all dope.
    the missy joint is hot too. u must hate disco

• The retail version leaked today. Great record! One of the best of '07, and possibly his best record on Def Jam to date.

• i dont understand how someone can 'hate' pretty toney and like everything after it. these albums since have basically been rehashes of pretty toney + a pete rock or dilla beat

and your softspot for Missy is well documented up in here.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    i dont understand how someone can 'hate' pretty toney and like everything after it. these albums since have basically been rehashes of pretty toney + a pete rock or dilla beat

and your softspot for Missy is well documented up in here.
    missy has very little to do w/ why that song is awesome

disco
    charlie horse, throw me off balance

• missy has very little to do w/ why that song is awesome

perhaps. but you'd have to be able to stand Missy in order to even begin to enjoy that song. I cannot stand Missy. as a result it is the one song on Pretty Toney that I skip, disco or not. I even like the intro skit on that album. shit cracks me up.

• this album needs more guest appearances.

• DescryDescry 229 Posts
    The retail version leaked today. Great record! One of the best of '07, and possibly his best record on Def Jam to date.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    haha... why am I not surprised that deej is the first person I've ever heard claim that 'tush' is great?? that was the only one I skipped when I used to listen to this CD a lot too...

I was really dissappointed by Fishscale and never gave it a proper chance, will be interested to hear this one though...

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

I'm mad how he got me for my "Help Me" sample (but NO ONE will ever figure out the OST bassline I chopped for that joint or how I freaked it) . Besides that, this shit is fonky! Don't hate, congratulate!!! If you can't feel that shit, proceed on to the Gwen Stefani divider in the CD store.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• ZachDZachD 318 Posts

missy has very little to do w/ why that song is awesome

perhaps. but you'd have to be able to stand Missy in order to even begin to enjoy that song. I cannot stand Missy. as a result it is the one song on Pretty Toney that I skip, disco or not. I even like the intro skit on that album. shit cracks me up.

I said banana nutriment!

Good to hear I am not the only one who thought the Pretty Tony album was the shit. I listened to every song on that for months until finally I couldn't listen any more. That's rare.

The only thing I would skip was that hot tub skit.

Can't wait to check the new one, thx for the heads up

I heard Ghost hooked up a cameo in the Iron Man movie.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    I need to hear the dirty version before I can tell how decent the whole album is but Yolanda's House is bringing a big smile to my face at the moment.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    haha... why am I not surprised that deej is the first person I've ever heard claim that 'tush' is great??
    i'm surprised you are. it was a single that got air/video play

i also don't see whats so objectionable about it ... do u hate musique???

Or u object that strongly to missy??? it fits in perfectl w/ the sound of the album and ghost's verses are on point. i would believe there are a few folks not feeling it as much as other tracks but i don't see how this is out of character for the album or whats so objectionable about the content

was certainly better than some garbage generic shit like "be easy"

its even got a 'raer' sample, wtf more do u people want

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts

garbage generic shit like "be easy"

^^^Certified 'tarded.

• YNOTYNOT in a studio apt mixing tuna with the ramen 417 Posts
    Yalonda's house is a banger...

• was certainly better than some garbage generic shit like "be easy"

Fools be lost, no sense of direction

• and can those who are feelling this one actually BUY IT?????

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

was certainly better than some garbage generic shit like "be easy"

i suppose pete rock beat + namedropping 'ebay' in the chorus is a big winner around here

• was certainly better than some garbage generic shit like "be easy"

i suppose pete rock beat + namedropping 'ebay' in the chorus is a big winner around here

lol at Tush > Be Easy

You must only party in your own private mindgarden!

• lol at Tush > Be Easy

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

lol at Tush > Be Easy
    You guys have misinterpreted me.

Tush >>>>>>>> Be Easy

• lol at Tush > Be Easy

Tush >>>>>>>> Be Easy

This kind of contradicts your populist, club-compliant world view though, no?

At least around here, Tush got no burn and "Be Easy" got a lot.

• lol at Tush > Be Easy

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

lol at Tush > Be Easy

Tush >>>>>>>> Be Easy

This kind of contradicts your populist, club-compliant world view though, no?

At least around here, Tush got no burn and "Be Easy" got a lot.

there are good popular, club-friendly songs and bad popular, club-friendly songs. i have never claimed a 'populist worldview' that = popular is always good

tho i shudder to imagine the club world in which "be easy" was considered a smash

• I wouldn't say it was a smash, but it got a lot more play than "Tush"

Some of the "crap DJs" I've heard play it

Q-Tip
    Envy
    Mr. Cee
    Cosmo Baker

I truly don't know if the club world will ever reach your high standards!

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    I wouldn't say it was a smash, but it got a lot more play than "Tush"

Some of the "crap DJs" I've heard play it

Q-Tip
    Envy
    Mr. Cee
    Cosmo Baker

I truly don't know if the club world will ever reach your high standards!
    hah i edited out crap djs cuz i felt it was too dick-ish. I gave a to denote i was clowning tho
    great, amazing DJs play songs i am not feeling all the time. sometimes they even make me think those songs work in new contexts. Doesn't mean I don't think Be Easy is a pretty boring single

"Tush" fits in w/ "Cherchez La Ghost" and "Sunshowers" and other disco-club joints that Ghost has released and I think that sound works a lot better for him than straightforward pete rock boom bap, at least (especially) for a lead single.

i don't even have anything against the idea of pete rock in a club setting (thinking contemporary club setting here, obv if we're talking throwback early-mid 90s rap mix its a different deal) - i think 'holdin it down' sounds amazing in the club. But yeah, "Be Easy" is about as rote and generic a single as ghost has ever released to my ears.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    am i supposed to be embarrassed by this or something? I stand by everything I said in that thread. No question Missy is overrated by folks who don't listen to hip-hop and wear tightpants, but she's still a great party rapper period.

• am i supposed to be embarrassed by this or something?

for starting a Missy tribute thread?

yes, you should absolutely be embarassed.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    ok if u say so dude