best soulful hip-hop albums of '07 ?

2»

Comments

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    All guaranteed to be more "soulful" than anything listed in this post so far...

But this was part of his criteria: " Maybe not gangster, violent, masogynistic, materialistic"

Oh so, maybe not human???

And for good measure...no, I'm not willing to concede the word "soulful" to such a lame, shortsighted criteria.

Rap-wise, Z-Ro is clearly the most soulful artist anywhere...so plaese to start with him and work down.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! STFU!

When it comes to young men, nothing screams "I'm Canadien" more than thinking that unknown dork-hop is really[/b] where it's at.

Eww.

Aw, did they steal your candy, lil baby?
    I call for their extermination.

Why do you even care?

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    The recent and older releases out of Houston that I've been running back through recently are some of the most soulful rap records that I'm familiar with, beats and rhymes included. People clonning without listening are playing themselves. Shit is beyond tired.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

Eww.

Why do you even care?
    Because we're at war and they aren't yet dead.

Eww.

Why do you even care?
    Because we're at war and they aren't yet dead.

Are you saying that they support the terrorists?

Or do you actually have a point in wishing death upon others.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

But this was part of his criteria: " Maybe not gangster, violent, masogynistic, materialistic"

And for good measure...no, I'm not willing to concede the word "soulful" to such a lame, shortsighted criteria.

Rap-wise, Z-Ro is clearly the most soulful artist anywhere...so plaese to start with him and work down.

When it comes to young men, nothing screams "I'm Canadien" more than thinking that unknown dork-hop is really[/b] where it's at.

Far be it for me to question your connoisseurship of the young men, but we do have plenty of these guys right here in this country.

Far be it for me to question your connoisseurship of the young men, but we do have plenty of these guys right here in this country.

There's nothing "men" about those dudes though. At least Canadiens can claim lack of exposure.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

There's nothing "men" about those dudes though. At least Canadiens can claim lack of exposure.

Agreed.

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    unknown dork-hop is really[/b] where it's at.

things were going so well for a second there.

I will try to title my threads more appropriately in the future

and yes, yoigotbeats, it has nothing to do with age. it has more to do with my upbringing in the burbs and lack of ability to connect with most street-hop

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    I havent heard anything better than the kanye record yet.

Im warming up to the jay-z record though (pasue).

I didnt like the newest trae record nearly as much as the last one, which i thought was merely pretty good.

still havent bought the ugk, the single was fairly soulful though.

the freeway record is pretty good.

• still havent bought the ugk

Criminal neglect.