Led Zeppelin Survey

Comments

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    I never got the impression that many die-hard Led Zep fans from back in the day had any plans of attending college.

How many dudes posting on this thread aside from Rich were around "back in the day"?

Maye I was mad young hanging out with friends' older brothers and my babysitters and shit, but...*raises hand*

Plus that same identical Sabbath-Zeppelin-Floyd scene carried over at least until the mid-80's.

This was back before anyone realized there was anything embarrassing about liking Bob Marley...so I'm sure such a world comes across as mad foreign to some of you young duck hipsteurs.

You ever smoked a joint with the aid of a roach clip?

No...then you have no business saying one word or another about Led Zeppelin.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Robert Plant is clearly the most annoying rock singer ever.

I cover my ears.

overated cheesefest of a group

Mars Volta is atrocious too.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

I have smoked joints in every possible manner without the aid of Bob Marley or Zeppelin thank you very much.

• I first heard Led Zep from the demin vest wearing, long handled comb having in the back pocket, hesher dudes I used to ride the school bus home with in Middle School...houses of the holy cassette son...ROCKS!

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    I never got the impression that many die-hard Led Zep fans from back in the day had any plans of attending college.

How many dudes posting on this thread aside from Rich were around "back in the day"?

Maye I was mad young hanging out with friends' older brothers and my babysitters and shit, but...*raises hand*

You were how old when Led Zeppelin "S/T" was released

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

I have smoked joints in every possible manner without the aid of Bob Marley or Zeppelin thank you very much.

ZING

How old are you? If you don't mind me asking...

• I never got the impression that many die-hard Led Zep fans from back in the day had any plans of attending college.

I was 15 in 1977, if that counts as "back in the day"....

If you mean their debut, I was -2.5.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    Way to zing me one there Pee Wee Herman.

So can I ask this: Why is it that most Zeppelin supremacists rarely have a deeper argument than "LED ZEP HELLA ROCKED MY FRAT PARTIES BACK IN THE DAY AND IF YOU DON'T LIKE EM YOU SUCK"? Are we arguing sports here? Care to make any interesting or insightful points for your team?

I'm not a HUGE Zeppelin fan, and I think pound for pound Sabbath was much heavier and more my style. Though I think they have some great songs, and also did some really good reinterpretations. They sonned both Jake Holmes and the Yardbirds version of Dazed and confused. They made that Babe I'm gonna leave you Joan Baez song listenable.

I've never been in a frat, so let's rule that out. I was introduced to Led Zeppelin by the Immigrant song, being played at Bboy jams. It wasn't till I was 22 that I ever listened to Stairway to heaven. I'm 24 now. Have I heard there stuff on the radio before? Man, I stopped listening to the radio when I was in middle school.

I love the sound of the band on "Since I've been lovin you." To be honest I don't even care if they even wrote that song. It's beautiful how they play it. When the levee breaks and No quarter melts my face everytime I hear it. Achilles last stand is probably them at there most prog sounding, and they murder it.

Do I love all there tracks. Nah. Do they have there moments. Definitely.

I learn something new from Bonham on almost every listen.

- spidey

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

What a coincidence......So was my Roach Clip!!

• I never got the impression that many die-hard Led Zep fans from back in the day had any plans of attending college.

I was 6, and still sporting the Dad-mandated crew cut. It would be years before my hair broke the surly bonds of my collar...

Apparently, you missed out on some really good times. My theory is that everything changed for the worse post class of '88. Of course I know this well since I was in the class of '89.

• You ever smoked a joint with the aid of a roach clip?

BUT DID THAT ROACH CLIP HAVE A FUKKIN' FEATHER ON IT MAN? LIKE FROM A REAL NATIVE AMERICAN'S HEADDRESS??????

• I MEAN HAVE YOU DONE LINES OF BLOW OFF A LED ZEP MIRROR THAT YOU WON AT THE CARNIVAL???

BUT DID THAT ROACH CLIP HAVE A FUKKIN' FEATHER ON IT MAN? LIKE FROM A REAL NATIVE AMERICAN'S HEADDRESS??????

Ohhhh...I had one of those, but I preferred InstaRoach rolling papers, maybe the greatest non-healthcare invention of the 20th century...

My copy of Led Zeppelin III came from my mother's very small collection of LP's. She was in a sorority though, so I guess crink is cright.

When I was about 9 years old and I hardly knew a damned thing about drugs and up to the point had no intentions of ever doing any, my parents brought me to a supposedly anti-drug symposium at our neighborhood elementary school where they showed us this film called Epidemic[/b]. The film showed all of these hippies getting high and having a great time at rock concerts. I remember Boston's Smokin' really standing out on the soundtrack. Needless to say, from that day on I was resolute in my intention of getting high and having a great time just like those beautiful hippies in that movie.

And when I say hippies here, I'm talking about 70's Sabbath-Zeppelin-Floyd hippes, not the former 60's hippies of peacenik variety.

When I was about 9 years old and I hardly knew a damned thing about drugs and up to the point had no intentions of ever doing any, my parents brought me to a supposedly anti-drug symposium at our neighborhood elementary school where they showed us this film called Epidemic[/b]. The film showed all of these hippies getting high and having a great time at rock concerts. I remember Boston's Smokin' really standing out on the soundtrack. Needless to say, from that day on I was resolute in my intention of getting high and having a great time just like those beautiful hippies in that movie.

And when I say hippies here, I'm talking about 70's Sabbath-Zeppelin-Floyd hippes, not the former 60's hippies of peacenik variety.

Isn't it ironic how those things worked. All my 7th grade Health program about drugs did, is get me interested in drugs...

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    Led Zeppelin III

Real record dudes get their spin-go-round cover fix off Soft Machine.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    I MEAN HAVE YOU DONE LINES OF BLOW OFF A LED ZEP MIRROR THAT YOU WON AT THE CARNIVAL???

you're killin it this afternoon. what you drinking? i need one. that feather shit had me fallin out.

Isn't it ironic how those things worked. All my 7th grade Health program about drugs did, is get me interested in drugs...

Yep, that same night I learned in great detail that you can make a bong out of just about anything...and that's info that I definitely put to good use later down the road.

HAHAHAHAHA

No... and with that, I will bow out of this argument. It's been fun.

HAHAHAHAHA

No... and with that, I will bow out of this argument. It's been fun.

This is an argument???

• I MEAN HAVE YOU DONE LINES OF BLOW OFF A LED ZEP MIRROR THAT YOU WON AT THE CARNIVAL???

you're killin it this afternoon. what you drinking? i need one. that feather shit had me fallin out.

Ha. Still at work. Had to quit drinkin. I think I'ma bust out the feather when I get home though.

I MEAN HAVE YOU DONE LINES OF BLOW OFF A LED ZEP MIRROR THAT YOU WON AT THE CARNIVAL???

Ha. Still at work. Had to quit drinkin. I think I'ma bust out the feather when I get home though.

Ever smoked out of a Mardi Gras tomahawk or spear? Nice feathers on those as well...

• It's all about this mofo...

x 10[/b]

Definitely one of the Hardest drummers of all time.

Are there other members in Led Zeppelin? I don't hear them.

- spidey

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    "John paul Jones - ..Bonzo used to like soul music and knew the words to every Chi-lites record, ever (laughs). He was the biggest Smokey Robinson fan, he was into Motown, he loved the Beatles and James Brown. I was into all that soul music, jazz and classical. Robert was really into blues and all the rock stuff and do-wop. Page had all these other interests."

- spidey