BARRY BONDS IN BIG TROUBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13»

Comments

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Who is in the HOF that admitted /was caught/ was suspected of using a corked bat??

Willie Stargell.

Don't forget George Brett and Albert Belle.

George Brett was accused of using too much pine tar which IS the biggest pile of crap in the history of baseball......here's why.

Back in the early days of baseball there was an owner who was a cheap bastard and got the league make a rule about not having pine tar up too high on the bat.

This had NOTHING to do with a batter getting any type of advantage from it, but rather that balls that were soiled by the pine tar were thrown out of the game and the cheap owner thought he was spending too much on baseballs.

If you think about it, pine tar too high on a bat is actually a disadvantage to a hitter as the ball will not come off the bat as crisply if it hits the sticky pine tar.

As far as Stargell goes I'd like to see a link about his corking a bat. Not denying it's true, just never read or heard anything about it.

And Harvey....I'm pretty sure Albert "Joey" Belle will never be in the HOF.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Judging someone based on their race rather than their actions is the very definition of Racism Prejudice[/b].

Danke.

Semantics.

American Heritage Dictionary

rac??ism (rā'sĭz'əm) Pronunciation Key
    n.
    1) The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others.
    2) Discrimination or prejudice based on race. [/b]

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Judging someone based on their race rather than their actions is the very definition of Racism Prejudice[/b].

Danke.

Semantics.

rac??ism (rā'sĭz'əm) Pronunciation Key
    n.
    1) The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others.

It's not just semantics. Prejudice can be displayed by anyone towards any race. Racism on the other hand can only be executed by those of a race that through a societal construct wield power over those whom the society perceives as a lesser race. And as far as the distinction between these concepts go, welcome to a hella long time ago.

• Judging someone based on their race rather than their actions is the very definition of Racism Prejudice[/b].

Danke.

Semantics.

rac??ism (r?'s?z'?m) Pronunciation Key
    n.

It's not just semantics. Prejudice can be displayed by anyone towards any race. Racism on the other hand can only be executed by those of a race that through a societal construct wield power over those whom the society perceives as a lesser race. And as far as the distinction between these concepts go, welcome to a hella long time ago.

NAW, I'M RACIST. I GOT POWER ON THESE POP TOOOOOOARTZ AND THEIR LIL' TYPING FINGAZ.

• If you honestly think that throwing a spitball or corking a bat are in the same league as using steroids, then you should seriously consider weeding that Private Mind Garden.

• If you honestly think that throwing a spitball or corking a bat are in the same league as using steroids, then you should seriously consider weeding that Private Mind Garden.

YOU SERIOUSLY THINK I'M BEING SERIOUS?..PLEASE BE TEH SERIOUS.

CHEATING HAS SHADEZ OF GRAY?

• dmacdmac 472 Posts

True.

• It could be argued that one is cheating, the other merely breaking a rule. I've heard that argued in the past, and I don't think it's crazy, but I'm not gonna take that tact now.

But, I am going to say that, yes, there are shades of gray. And, you know who agrees with me?

MLB, NFL, and all major sports organizations.

That is why a spitball/foreign substance violation will earn you a 5 game suspension, and a steroid violation will earn you a 25 game suspension, with escalating consequences leading up to a lifetime ban. All major sports take a different view between PEDs and mere rule bending and breaking, and everyone in this thread would be wise (and look a lot less foolish) to keep that in mind as you make assinine comparisons between Phil Neikro and Barry Bonds.

I'm pretty sure there isn't a federal law against the Spit Ball, but I might have to contact a lawyer friend to double check that one for me...

• It could be argued that one is cheating, the other merely breaking a rule. I've heard that argued in the past, and I don't think it's crazy, but I'm not gonna take that tact now.

But, I am going to say that, yes, there are shades of gray. And, you know who agrees with me?

MLB, NFL, and all major sports organizations.

That is why a spitball/foreign substance violation will earn you a 5 game suspension, and a steroid violation will earn you a 25 game suspension, with escalating consequences leading up to a lifetime ban. All major sports take a different view between PEDs and mere rule bending and breaking, and everyone in this thread would be wise (and look a lot less foolish) to keep that in mind as you make assinine comparisons between Phil Neikro and Barry Bonds.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

SOUNDZ LIKE HE BET ON A GAME AGAINST BARRY "THE BLACK JESUS" BONDS AND LOST HELLA GUAP.

I'm pretty sure there isn't a federal law against the Spit Ball, but I might have to contact a lawyer friend to double check that one for me...

FAUX RILLZ'S P.M. BOX IS FULL, YO.

• find a real hero

I already did:

S

T

O

P

S

N

I

T

C

H

I

N

G

• find a real hero

I already did:

S

T

O

P

S

N

I

T

C

H

I

N

G

IZ ZAT DJ SHADOW?

• Meanwhile: Georges - you think Bonds should make the Hall? What about Rose and Mac?

Bonds - or course

Rose - No, cuz he was found guilty of betting baseball

Mac - yes, cuz Andro was legal when he took it