BARRY BONDS IN BIG TROUBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• SoI, your point sounds good...

BUT, you have to recognize that this isn't a regular player here. He is the most visible, most talented player in the game. The reasons they are going after him is because 1) He made it SO easy for people, with a paper trail millllllles long, and 2) HE IS THE MOST VISIBLE PERSON IN THE GAME! This whole thing doesn't make anyone change if it happens to Jason Grimsley, remember?

And, not to be overlooked...Bonds isn't on a team right now. For Bud Selig, a noted owner sympathist, this is the perfect time, as no team is losing any value. Just one dude...

Finally,If MLB wants to make a point about steroids/cheating, this is the best way to do it- they can send the message that no one is above the law, and they can do it to Bonds because he built up so much evidence against himself (through hubris, no two ways about it) and because public sentiment isn't going to rally around him.

And, frankly, this is no one's fault but Bonds'.

• Plaese to discuss.

well like you said, most women are gold diggers and materialistic. so he was just probably trying to maintain a lavish lifestyle at any cost to keep his lady happy.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts

Plaese to discuss.

well like you said, most women are gold diggers and materialistic. so he was just probably trying to maintain a lavish lifestyle at any cost to keep his lady happy.

It was just jokes! I hope you don't think I was serious when I posted that?

• Plaese to discuss.

have you checked that thread? um quite a few people thought you were serious.

• Hank Aaron's home run record should be reinstated.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts

Plaese to discuss.

"Asian women are not gold diggers and are not materialistic? LOL!!!!!!!!! HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Funniest thing I have EVAR read. This whole article is one big joke right? I hope no one takes this shit serious.[/b] Most women are gold diggin' and materialistic no matter what their race."

To clear the record, I was NOT SERIOUS when I posted that. That whole article and thread was ridiculous. I'm sorry if I offended anyone. I though it was VERY obvious that I was making a joke.

So New England was found guilty of cheating and no one thinks this season should have an asterisk, but Bonds hasn't EVER FAILED A TEST THAT'S BEEN GIVEN TO HIM BY MLB and cuz he gets indicted, we're calling for his head?

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    I just can't celebrate or defend someone who readily basks in the glory of his own ego for a feat that he achieved under more than dubious circumstances.

To knowingly defend his achievement based on the color of his skin is incredibly superficial. Of course we can draw comparisons all day to white/etc. athletes who have committed the same crime and gotten off easy, but it still doesn't justify what everybody in the god damn room knows: Barry isn't legit without the cream and the clear. And okay fine, institutional racism exists. It's true. I fuckin see it on a daily basis, but defending Barry won't do a god damn thing to correct it and you know it.

Bottom line: there are many other causes that bring positive light and support to people of color that are out media's spotlight. To work up a sweat over this fuckin jabrone is only playing into the god damn media's hands.

The media is playing us.

Shut off the TV and find a real hero with a substantive cause.

~gNaT

PS That's a hipster shirt if I ever saw one.

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    Isn't that the thing tho. He's not being busted for steroids. But for lying under oath. To Congress no less. Which, I might be wrong. But is a pretty big deal.

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    Hank Aaron's home run record should be reinstated.

So New England was found guilty of cheating and no one thinks this season should have an asterisk, but Bonds hasn't EVER FAILED A TEST THAT'S BEEN GIVEN TO HIM BY MLB and cuz he gets indicted, we're calling for his head?

that is some real stupid shit... NE was found guilty b/c Mangina decided to play rat on Belichick for something everyone on the league does... that pussy was probably the cat manning the camcorder 3 years ago...

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts

Hank Aaron's home run record should be reinstated.

Great piece on this by Chuck Klosterman.

that is some real stupid shit... NE was found guilty b/c Mangina decided to play rat on Belichick for something everyone on the league does... that pussy was probably the cat manning the camcorder 3 years ago...

so it's not stupid to disregard the facts of guilt, but excuse them because you're caught by an ex-coach?

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    In November 2000, the United States held a presidential election, and nobody knew who won, so we just kind of made up an outcome and tried to act like that was normal. Less than a year later, airplanes flew into office buildings, and everybody cried for two months. And then Enron went bankrupt, and the U.S. started acting like a rogue state, and "The Simple Life" premiered, and gasoline became unaffordable, and our Olympic basketball team lost to Puerto Rico, and we reelected the same president we never really elected in the first place. Later, there would be some especially devastating hurricanes and three Oscars for an especially bad movie called "Crash."

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    No one cares about baseball anymore anyway. This is like giving a Black man a jail sentence for stealing cable. FREE BARRY.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Judging someone based on their race rather than their actions is the very definition of Racism.

• I am nothing if not biased...

But, comparing the Pats camera shit to Bonds taking steroids is on some DUMB shit. Comparing it to a spit ball or corked bat might work for me.

But, the point and problem with steroids is that they will harm and kill you; and therfore, they give an advantage to people willing to kill themselves, penalizing thsoe who want to live. Which puts it into an entirely different realm of cheating.

So please...Step the fuck back with that bullshit.

• I am nothing if not biased...

But, comparing the Pats camera shit to Bonds taking steroids is on some DUMB shit. Comparing it to a spit ball or corked bat might work for me.

But, the point and problem with steroids is that they will harm and kill you; and therfore, they give an advantage to people willing to kill themselves, penalizing thsoe who want to live. Which puts it into an entirely different realm of cheating.

So please...Step the fuck back with that bullshit.

if you're not a vegan who only eats organic vegetables, you're eating steroids everyday - approved by the government. I'm hearing a lot of "it's bullshit" but zero reason why I should disregard the convicted cheater and demonize those who haven't been found guilty. let the "oh it's shades of cheating" BULLSHIT flow.

If we're only gonna compare it to spit balls & corked bats, there's players in the hall of fame GUILTY of that and they're regarded "for the willingness to win at all costs."

to paraphrase the teacher, "What I call guilty, I can't do - but your type of guilt is stopping me."

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

If we're only gonna compare it to spit balls & corked bats, there's players in the hall of fame GUILTY of that and they're regarded "for the willingness to win at all costs."

to paraphrase the teacher, "What I call guilty, I can't do - but your type of guilt is stopping me."

Who is in the HOF that admitted /was caught/ was suspected of using a corked bat??

• dmacdmac 472 Posts

As I see it, the point with steroids is that it transforms some difficult-to-measure portion of natural athletic ability into a lie.
    How many fewer home runs would Bonds have hit if he wasn't juicing? If even one or two, he didn't passed Aaron's standing no-juice record.

Hank Aaron's home run record is honest and honorable. Barry Bonds' is not.

• Fuck it..while we are discussing baseball scandals..

• Who is in the HOF that admitted /was caught/ was suspected of using a corked bat??

Willie Stargell. He also has been accused of using amphetamines before games. do we need to point out the Niekro brothers on all the shit they did to baseballs?

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Judging someone based on their race rather than their actions is the very definition of Racism Prejudice[/b].

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Who is in the HOF that admitted /was caught/ was suspected of using a corked bat??

Willie Stargell.

Don't forget George Brett and Albert Belle.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Judging someone based on their race rather than their actions is the very definition of Racism Prejudice[/b].

Danke.

Meanwhile: Georges - you think Bonds should make the Hall? What about Rose and Mac?

• Options

Willie Stargell. He also has been accused of using amphetamines before games. do we need to point out the Niekro brothers on all the shit they did to baseballs?

Gaylord Perry too.

• You dudez are sounding hella white

• True.

• btw, you can order that shirt off of http://www.motheringhut.com/hankaaron.html

• Plaese to discuss.

"Asian women are not gold diggers and are not materialistic? LOL!!!!!!!!! HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Funniest thing I have EVAR read. This whole article is one big joke right? I hope no one takes this shit serious.[/b] Most women are gold diggin' and materialistic no matter what their race."

To clear the record, I was NOT SERIOUS when I posted that. That whole article and thread was ridiculous. I'm sorry if I offended anyone. I though it was VERY obvious that I was making a joke.

no, not obvious at all. you said the article[/b] was a joke and 3 strutters took your "most women..." comment seriously and responded accordingly. you didn't respond to any of that, so yeah i thought you were being serious.

and re: barry getting busted, he's being made an example of. it's too easy cause he's a dick. this reminds me when martha stewart got arrested for small time insider trading and they made her perp walk for all the major news camera crews. martha isn't enron and bonds isn't balco. both aren't likable and because of that, both are people the masses would enjoy seeing getting their comeuppance. free barry, but hank aaron's hr record should be reinstated.