DAM! TIP busted with MA-SHEEN GUNS

Comments

• Can a man be a responsible gun owner?

no.
    oxymoron.

hippie

• covecove 1,566 Posts

Fuck, I hate dreads and patchouli is possibly myleast favourite smell in the world.
    And i don't carry a gun (SOFT!)

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    I dont really see this incident as a big deal. Im sorry.
    Dude is a celebrity and celebs dont live in our reality.
    The rules a bent for them.
    Like the local authorities didnt think he had guns on his property?
    His security force should have guns. Now whether his security is his boys or moonlighting cops or professionals that's his risk.
    Applying real world rules to rich folks is silly - IMO.

i know what you're saying, but dude had a loaded gun on him in his car.
    he probably won't be able to play "it was my security's gun" card.

So he shouldnt drive w/ a gun in his car?

Yo,

The issue is what led him to feel like he had to drive with a gun in his car.

I find it interesting how this wasn't yallz first thoughts when reading this shit. What the fuck does he need with all the iron and silencing for? Gangster flex, threats to his life?

• for real.
    thats gotta be some serious bizness when you got a machine gun w/silencer at arms length.

maybe it was for a video shoot?

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    for real.
    thats gotta be some serious bizness when you got a machine gun w/silencer at arms length.

maybe it was for a video shoot?

Ha - I'm pretty sure some prop rental place could have done them up nice.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    do u guys think the law that says former felons cannot posses guns is fair

i dont know, if it were me coming from his situation i dont think i would be v. comfortable sitting on my pile of money knowing the people i probably would know and being in the place i was from w/out a gun. and in case this case didnt make it obvious, you cant just trust the hired help with your life

its a shitty situation

• DJPrestigeDJPrestige 1,710 Posts
    Hey,

Success does not blunt ignorance, abuse, trouble, and pain. Who knows what T.I. experienced to contribute to his maladaptive behavior. A negative background in no way excuses his malevolent behavior, but they're probably clues in past that could have forecasted his present woes. The problem is that parents, especially some Black parents, are too proud and/or ignorant to seek out psychological help for troubled kids who, not suprisingly, become troubled adults. There is a strong social stigma in the Black community about seeking out psychological help because you're labeled as "crazy." Our families are chocked with fucked up folks, due to poor treatment as kids by parents and who knows whatever abuses, negative environments, etc., who never receive treatment or deal with their pasts. No one can escape his/her past whether good or bad, it affects subsequent behavior. In all, I think people expect too much of stars, many of whom, are far from model citizens. I'm more surprised when these guys behave as decent human beings versus self-indulged hedonists.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

yo stacks: REAL WORLD TALK. thanks for sharing.

"I'm more surprised when these guys behave as decent human beings versus self-indulged hedonists."

on the record. i don't care about TI, but i do say having machine guns with silencers is f'd up.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    i do say having machine guns with silencers is f'd up.

When he went into the house, he saw Antoine's phone on the floor. He called out for Toine. Toine was upstairs -- that's what somebody told him. And then when he went upstairs, he was put at gunpoint right then and there. They taped him up by the wrists, they taped him by the ankles and then they just took all their money. And then they took Mr. Walker's car," James Walker said.[/b]

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    If the world at large has long since determined that the USA is a thoroughly corrupt and evil place, then why should anyone including Americans be expected to follow America's laws?

"You're only in the wrong if you get caught" is far from just a rap lyric.

Convicted felon or not, it should be up to T.I. to decide if he needs to own/carry guns to feel secure.

Of course by choosing to have them, he risks being caught and jailed...whcih becomes a result of his decision.

But fuck it, we ultimately should not judge T.I. for making a decision that runs contrary to the purposefully-repressive laws of the USA.

He wasn't doing anybody any harm. He just wanted to protect himself and he's got a thing for guns. Owning a gun should not be a crime in and of itself. All of this pre-emptive bullshit is exactly what has made the USA the most jailed populace anywhere.

It's bad enough that it's happening right before our eyes by government design, let alone people who have nothing to gain or lose by the scenario endorsing the repression.

And what becomes of the snitch? How will this self-styled righteous society REWARD him for selling out his former employer like that?

I say...FREE T.I.!!!

• If the world at large has long since determined that the USA is a thoroughly corrupt and evil place, then why should anyone including Americans be expected to follow America's laws?

Convicted felon or not, it should be up to T.I. to decide if he needs to own/carry guns to feel secure.

Of course by choosing to have them, he risks being caught and jailed...whcih becomes a result of his decision.

But fuck it, we ultimately should not judge T.I. for making a decision that runs contrary to the purposefully-repressive laws of the USA.

He wasn't doing anybody any harm. He just wanted to protect himself and he's got a thing for guns. Owning a gun should not be a crime in and of itself. All of this pre-emptive bullshit is exactly what has made the USA the most jailed populace anywhere.

It's bad enough that it's happening right before our eyes by government design, let alone people who have nothing to gain or lose by the scenario endorsing the repression.

And what becomes of the snitch? How will this self-styled righteous society REWARD him for selling out his former employer like that?

I say...FREE T.I.!!!

silencers are not part of the "protecting myself" game. People do not go to the firing range with silencers. No one should have silencers.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    If the world at large has long since determined that the USA is a thoroughly corrupt and evil place, then why should anyone including Americans be expected to follow America's laws?

I say...FREE T.I.!!!

silencers are not part of the "protecting myself" game. People do not go to the firing range with silencers. No one should have silencers.

Then arrest the manufacturers of silencers first before arresting a single buyer of silencers.

No one should have silencers.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    okay, but he had another 6 or so guns in his arsenal at home.
    is he forming an army?

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    5 jams in a row....I gotta go with T.I. on this one.

okay, but he had another 6 or so guns in his arsenal at home.
    is he forming an army?

How do u jump from owning guns to WAR?

There are mad gun collectors who cop old heat to new heat. Its doesnt mean these cats are killers.

Would u apply the same rule to a Sword collector?

Does a Weed grower mean to sell to high school kids?

Does a Car collector plan to drink and drive?

Is a weapons enthusiast an automatic killer?

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    No one should have silencers.

Assassins gotta eat, yo!

Depends on if he bought a silencer for his katanas.

Depends on if he bought a silencer for his katanas.

For real, I'm all in favor of stronger gun control but f*ck it, if i was going to cross the line and buy some guns...I'd BUY SOME GUNS. I'd probably want some crazy assault rifles and silencers too, just for the sake of, not because I plan to red dot someone.

Personally, I blame the movies.

Personally, I blame The Wire.

"I see you favor a 45..."
    "Yeah. And I keeps one in the chamber in case you're wondering."

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

"Yeah. And I keeps one in the chamber in case you're wondering pondering."

• real bad boys mow down whole crowds in silence?

"Yeah. And I keeps one in the chamber in case you're wondering pondering."

Ha! Wire dialog

"Nice show piece you got there."

• okay, but he had another 6 or so guns in his arsenal at home.
    is he forming an army?

How do u jump from owning guns to WAR?

There are mad gun collectors who cop old heat to new heat. Its doesnt mean these cats are killers.

Does a Weed grower mean to sell to high school kids?

Does a Car collector plan to drink and drive?

Is a weapons enthusiast an automatic killer?

Point well taken, but: if someone who has to know he's under severe and constant scrutiny from The Man is collecting guns that it is a felony (and major federal case) for him to own, that would seem to set him apart from the average hobbyist/collector. Still doesn't make him an automatic killer, but it makes "what was he thinking?" a harder question to avoid..

• Hey,

Success does not blunt ignorance, abuse, trouble, and pain. Who knows what T.I. experienced to contribute to his maladaptive behavior. A negative background in no way excuses his malevolent behavior, but they're probably clues in past that could have forecasted his present woes. The problem is that parents, especially some Black parents, are too proud and/or ignorant to seek out psychological help for troubled kids who, not suprisingly, become troubled adults. There is a strong social stigma in the Black community about seeking out psychological help because you're labeled as "crazy." Our families are chocked with fucked up folks, due to poor treatment as kids by parents and who knows whatever abuses, negative environments, etc., who never receive treatment or deal with their pasts. No one can escape his/her past whether good or bad, it affects subsequent behavior. In all, I think people expect too much of stars, many of whom, are far from model citizens. I'm more surprised when these guys behave as decent human beings versus self-indulged hedonists.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

This is the type of quality post that should be dissected and discussed more frequently. I feel smarter just reading it. By the way, I can not agree more with the bulk of your argument. I feel this is true with most other races and ethnicities as well. I think it has to do with suppressing one's feelings. Grown men aren't supposed to show any emotion. Everyone gotta be a cold-blooded efficient machine. When in reality, we're all humans with vulnerabilities. For every action, there's definitely a reaction. And for every traumatic childhood or adult experience, there's bound to be some manifestation of that in the future.

Without further speaking out of my ass. imho, I do think carrying around gats and letting off aggression or (protecting yourself that way), gets more respect in the hood.

Hey Yuichi,

If people look deep into their family histories, they'll see folks who were crying out for help they never received (retrospectives on serial killers, for example, show this all the time). These people are the derelicts relatives whisper about at Thanksgiving dinners. I'll get real with it, my grandfather (R.I.P.) was a drunk, largely due to events that occurred during WII. Of course, he never received treatment. We have drunks, drug addicts, emotional cripples, career criminnal, philanderers, etc. in the extended family, largely due to troubled upbringings and no interventions were put in place to mitigate their pasts. This shit has gone on for generations and we have to stop it. Looking the other way doesn't make troubles go away. We must deal with our demons to surpass them. Now, Black folks especially (and others as well) have even taken up (over)consumption as a way to deal with our misery. Goods don't mean shit when your mind and spirit are fucked up.

Myself, I was woefully insecure because I was a social outcast (because I was academically gifted) and I overcompensated by overachievement. It was tough to be smart in a largely Black environment and I had to whoop a lot of ass because of it. It took years for me to be able to say "Fuck them, they're the ones with the problem" and accept myself as I was. All that drinking, gettin' high, Frickin', and other fucked-up behavior were also forms of overcompensation for feelings of inadequacy. Low self-esteem is a dangerous thing and causes all kinds of forms of acting out for attention. Too many cats bear these burdens and never come to grips with them. Fortunately, I became a psychology major and learned how to face my demons. Subjective well-being and sound mental health are not to be taken for granted.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Great insight, much respect

• For real, I'm all in favor of stronger gun control but f*ck it, if i was going to cross the line and buy some guns...I'd BUY SOME GUNS. I'd probably want some crazy assault rifles and silencers too, just for the sake of, not because I plan to red dot someone.

dam Jean Grae had you that shook eh?

• Free TI! (is he locked up right now?)

For real, I'm all in favor of stronger gun control but f*ck it, if i was going to cross the line and buy some guns...I'd BUY SOME GUNS. I'd probably want some crazy assault rifles and silencers too, just for the sake of, not because I plan to red dot someone.

dam Jean Grae had you that shook eh?

Naw son - you forgot that Double K is the one who said, "I got a piece for any Oliver 'Mark Ass" Wang". I gotta watch my back from the People Under the Stairs

By the way, if I understand the gun laws correctly: buying a silencer/suppressor is not illegal though it's highly regulated. There can be *cough cough* legitimate reasons to own one, including in a hunting situation where you don't want to spook prey by waking every living thing up with your rifle shot.

That said...personally, I'd like to see all this shit banned but that's a different debate.

And people are really giving T.I. too much credit in trying to suggest that he got set-up. Even successful people do crazy dumb shit from time to time. Do we need to create a laundry list of examples?

• No one should have silencers.

please tell me a reason for silencers that doesnt involve killing people.