DAM! TIP busted with MA-SHEEN GUNS

mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
edited October 2007 in Strut Central
ATLANTA, Georgia (CNN) -- Rapper T.I. was arrested Saturday as he allegedly tried to add three machine guns and two silencers to what authorities said was an "arsenal" of weapons that, as a convicted felon, he was not allowed to own.The entertainer, whose real name is Clifford Harris, was arrested without incident in midtown Atlanta, Georgia.The entertainer, 27, whose real name is Clifford Harris, was taken into custody about 2:30 p.m. in Atlanta as he accepted delivery of the guns and silencers, the Department of Justice said in a statement.Three other guns were found in the vehicle he was driving, authorities said, and police executing a search warrant at his home in suburban College Park, Georgia, found six additional guns, five of them loaded, in his bedroom closet."Machine guns pose a serious danger to the community, which is why they are so carefully regulated, said David Nahmias, U.S. attorney for the Northern District of Georgia."The last place machine guns should be is in the hands of a convicted felon, who cannot legally possess any kind of firearm. This convicted felon allegedly was trying to add several machine guns to an already large and entirely illegal arsenal of guns." The arrest came as a result of the cooperation of a witness[/b] (ed/mandrew - stop snitching) who, after being arrested Wednesday, agreed to cooperate with the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, the DOJ statement said.The witness was arrested after he purchased the three machine guns and two silencers from an undercover ATF agent.The guns were not registered on the National Firearms Registration and Transfer Record as required by law, and the witness -- who was worked as a bodyguard for Harris since July[/b] (ed/mandrew - they basically just signed dude's death warrant) -- told authorities he was purchasing them for Harris, and had bought about nine guns for him previously, the statement said.On Wednesday, authorities said, Harris arranged for the witness to pick up $12,000 in cash from a bank to use in buying the guns. After being arrested and agreeing to cooperate with ATF, the witness had a series of phone calls with Harris, which authorities recorded, the statement said.It was arranged that Harris would pick up the guns after meeting the witness in a shopping center parking lot in midtown Atlanta. The arrest took place there without incident, the DOJ statement said.Police searched Harris' car and found three other guns, authorities said, "including one loaded gun tucked between the driver's seat where Harris had been sitting and the center console."Court documents in the case show that Harris was convicted on felony drug charges in Cobb County, Georgia, in 1998 and sentenced to seven years' probation. "Harris has additional arrests and at least one probation violation for unlawfully possessing firearms," according to an affidavit.Harris has dubbed himself the "King of the South." His music is built around the drug culture and is known as "trap music," or music to listen to while using drugs[/b] (ed/mandrew - is that what it is? hmmm, i never knew that).Harris will be held in federal custody over the weekend and will apepar Monday before a magistrate judge, the DOJ statement said.The BET Awards were taped Saturday night at the Atlanta Civic Center. Harris was nominated for nine awards, more than any other artist, according to the MTV.com Web site, and was also scheduled to perform. The show's host, Katt Williams, filled in for him.On November 2, Harris will appear in the movie "American Gangster," starring Russell Crowe and Denzel Washington.from: http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/Music/10/13/rapper.arrested/index.html#cnnSTCTextdamn damn damn... i think he may be looking at a long stretch if convicted. best of luck to him but i gotta wonder WHY he's fuckin around with machine guns on probation. that's a dummy move when you already have bodyguards to protect you and a family to look out for.

Comments

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    v4vendetta said:
    Clearly entrapment on the part of the Alphabet boys! Peep how the so-called "bodyguard" is a central figure in the case which could only mean that "moles" posing as bodyguards have been placed well within the Hip Hop elite to ensnare artists and ultimately confiscate everyone's guns. Having said that I do think T.I. is ill-informed on these underhanded tactics by the Federales who specialize in these kinds of tricks and being a felon he should have been more in tune with the straw purchaser. We are under seige and attack by the Hip Hop police and we have to be more wise when making movements. Hell, some agents post to this forum all of the time and most cats are not even cognizant of this. I wish the brother well. I just saw him on Hip Hop vs America doing a good job at defending artists and you would think he would've been more careful since it's more like Hip Hop vs the WORLD!

http://allhiphop.com/blogs/news/archive/2007/10/14/18732714.aspx

• Damn.

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    yeah
    dammm
    and how Frickin' stupid can one lucky bastard be
    spend all that time and effort on "music" and then win the hip hop lottery by becoming famous and paid
    even a bunch of unknown schnooks write and gossip about you on some record collecting forum that you don't even know exists
    and what does he do?

"Imma go buy 10 machine guns "
    real Frickin' stupid bullshit

moronic idiot

give me his shot at moving units
    obviously dude is too Frickin' dumb to appreciate being paid for doing what he loved most in life
    not to mention being free to walk the streets

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts
    At least it happened to T.I. and not, you know.. someone with talent.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    the machine guns are nagl but yo - 2 silencers? What was TI thinking with those? Straight mask, gloves, slug mission. Oof. Wonder if he might get probation on this one.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

Success does not blunt ignorance, abuse, trouble, and pain. Who knows what T.I. experienced to contribute to his maladaptive behavior. A negative background in no way excuses his malevolent behavior, but they're probably clues in past that could have forecasted his present woes. The problem is that parents, especially some Black parents, are too proud and/or ignorant to seek out psychological help for troubled kids who, not suprisingly, become troubled adults. There is a strong social stigma in the Black community about seeking out psychological help because you're labeled as "crazy." Our families are chocked with fucked up folks, due to poor treatment as kids by parents and who knows whatever abuses, negative environments, etc., who never receive treatment or deal with their pasts. No one can escape his/her past whether good or bad, it affects subsequent behavior. In all, I think people expect too much of stars, many of whom, are far from model citizens. I'm more surprised when these guys behave as decent human beings versus self-indulged hedonists.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• phono13phono13 842 Posts

Plaese to photoshop with arsenal.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    Hey,

Success does not blunt ignorance, abuse, trouble, and pain. Who knows what T.I. experienced to contribute to his maladaptive behavior. A negative background in no way excuses his malevolent behavior, but they're probably clues in past that could have forecasted his present woes. The problem is that parents, especially some Black parents, are too proud and/or ignorant to seek out psychological help for troubled kids who, not suprisingly, become troubled adults. There is a strong social stigma in the Black community about seeking out psychological help because you're labeled as "crazy." Our families are chocked with fucked up folks, due to poor treatment as kids by parents and who knows whatever abuses, negative environments, etc., who never receive treatment or deal with their pasts. No one can escape his/her past whether good or bad, it affects subsequent behavior. In all, I think people expect too much of stars, many of whom, are far from model citizens. I'm more surprised when these guys behave as decent human beings versus self-indulged hedonists.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Stacks, this is soulstrut...

you know such thoughtfulness and insight will be summarily discarded in favor of one-line jokes and ignorant assertions.

Hey,

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

This is the type of quality post that should be dissected and discussed more frequently. I feel smarter just reading it. By the way, I can not agree more with the bulk of your argument. I feel this is true with most other races and ethnicities as well. I think it has to do with suppressing one's feelings. Grown men aren't supposed to show any emotion. Everyone gotta be a cold-blooded efficient machine. When in reality, we're all humans with vulnerabilities. For every action, there's definitely a reaction. And for every traumatic childhood or adult experience, there's bound to be some manifestation of that in the future.

Without further speaking out of my ass. imho, I do think carrying around gats and letting off aggression or (protecting yourself that way), gets more respect in the hood. As they say, you live by the gun, you may die by the gun. But that doesn't mean I'm fronting on anybody's lifestyle.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts

Stop the hatred. T.I. is more entertaining then 98% of the dated, indie and underground aritst out there
    doing "Real Hip Hop".

Dude is a good rapper, not a very good writer as far as I know.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

This is the type of quality post that should be dissected and discussed more frequently. I feel smarter just reading it. By the way, I can not agree more with the bulk of your argument. I feel this is true with most other races and ethnicities as well. I think it has to do with suppressing one's feelings. Grown men aren't supposed to show any emotion. Everyone gotta be a cold-blooded efficient machine. When in reality, we're all humans with vulnerabilities. For every action, there's definitely a reaction. And for every traumatic childhood or adult experience, there's bound to be some manifestation of that in the future.

Without further speaking out of my ass. imho, I do think carrying around gats and letting off aggression or (protecting yourself that way), gets more respect in the hood.

Hey Yuichi,

If people look deep into their family histories, they'll see folks who were crying out for help they never received (retrospectives on serial killers, for example, show this all the time). These people are the derelicts relatives whisper about at Thanksgiving dinners. I'll get real with it, my grandfather (R.I.P.) was a drunk, largely due to events that occurred during WII. Of course, he never received treatment. We have drunks, drug addicts, emotional cripples, career criminnal, philanderers, etc. in the extended family, largely due to troubled upbringings and no interventions were put in place to mitigate their pasts. This shit has gone on for generations and we have to stop it. Looking the other way doesn't make troubles go away. We must deal with our demons to surpass them. Now, Black folks especially (and others as well) have even taken up (over)consumption as a way to deal with our misery. Goods don't mean shit when your mind and spirit are fucked up.

Myself, I was woefully insecure because I was a social outcast (because I was academically gifted) and I overcompensated by overachievement. It was tough to be smart in a largely Black environment and I had to whoop a lot of ass because of it. It took years for me to be able to say "Fuck them, they're the ones with the problem" and accept myself as I was. All that drinking, gettin' high, Frickin', and other fucked-up behavior were also forms of overcompensation for feelings of inadequacy. Low self-esteem is a dangerous thing and causes all kinds of forms of acting out for attention. Too many cats bear these burdens and never come to grips with them. Fortunately, I became a psychology major and learned how to face my demons. Subjective well-being and sound mental health are not to be taken for granted.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    always a pleasure to read your musical and non-musical related posts. keep on keepin on

I dont really see this incident as a big deal. Im sorry.
    Dude is a celebrity and celebs dont live in our reality.
    The rules a bent for them.
    Like the local authorities didnt think he had guns on his property?
    His security force should have guns. Now whether his security is his boys or moonlighting cops or professionals that's his risk.
    Applying real world rules to rich folks is silly - IMO.

Hey,

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Without further speaking out of my ass. imho, I do think carrying around gats and letting off aggression or (protecting yourself that way), gets more respect in the hood.

Hey Yuichi,

If people look deep into their family histories, they'll see folks who were crying out for help they never received (retrospectives on serial killers, for example, show this all the time). These people are the derelicts relatives whisper about at Thanksgiving dinners. I'll get real with it, my grandfather (R.I.P.) was a drunk, largely due to events that occurred during WII. Of course, he never received treatment. We have drunks, drug addicts, emotional cripples, career criminnal, philanderers, etc. in the extended family, largely due to troubled upbringings and no interventions were put in place to mitigate their pasts. This shit has gone on for generations and we have to stop it. Looking the other way doesn't make troubles go away. We must deal with our demons to surpass them. Now, Black folks especially (and others as well) have even taken up (over)consumption as a way to deal with our misery. Goods don't mean shit when your mind and spirit are fucked up.

Myself, I was woefully insecure because I was a social outcast (because I was academically gifted) and I overcompensated by overachievement. It was tough to be smart in a largely Black environment and I had to whoop a lot of ass because of it. It took years for me to be able to say "Fuck them, they're the ones with the problem" and accept myself as I was. All that drinking, gettin' high, Frickin', and other fucked-up behavior were also forms of overcompensation for feelings of adequacy. Low self-esteem is a dangerous thing and causes all kinds of forms of acting out for attention. Too many cats bear these burdens and never come to grips with them. Fortunately, I became a psychology major and learned how to face my demons. Subjective well-being and sound mental healths are not to be taken for granted.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Big Stacks,

Need there be any more truth dropped today?! Your writing is ridiculous.

As for the first part of what you said, I think different people react to their emotional and physical torment in different ways. For example, Japan is a unique place. Rigid environment, rigid culture. Wylin' out isn't tolerated. Respect your elders. Respect your boss. Don't talk back. All of this leads to internalization of emotions, and I believe Japanese salarymen have one of the highest suicide rates in the world. Over-working and over-drinking are problems. Kids are fucked up these days too, because of increased competition and pressure to get into the best college, best company, get the most money, and be the most well off. Kids be stabbing and killing teachers, pets, parents, and whoever they CAN release their anger on.

As for the second part about facing one's weaknesses and short-comings. I think that's the single most important part of becoming a respectable human being. I definitely agree with your last statement about "not taking subjective well-being and sound health for granted" as well. Trust me, I've been there and have gone through more in the past year and a half, than I ever have in my young life. Childhood probably was not the greatest either, considering my parents be constantly arguing in the household, especially since my dad began his own business at home. That's putting it lightly. In a small house, tension can escalate rather quickly into horrendous results. But when all is said and done, I accept and move on, and hope to "rise above" it all.

West LA softbatch, Yuichi

His security force should have guns. Now whether his security is his boys or moonlighting cops or professionals that's his risk.

I see your point, but I gotta disagree. Rich folks, especially celebrities are "put under a microscope" daily, and I don't think many of us can begin to imagine what that's like. They're just as prone to mental and emotional instability as the rest of us. Some of the same qualities that made them great, may ultimately lead to their demise as well.

• For the record, i'm not mad at TI.

I see your point, but I gotta disagree. Rich folks, especially celebrities are "put under a microscope" daily, and I don't think many of us can begin to imagine what that's like. They're just as prone to mental and emotional instability as the rest of us. Some of the same qualities that made them great, may ultimately lead to their demise as well. And that may not necessarily be a bad thing.

If u cant imagine what its like then why would u attempt to apply real world logic to people who live outside of it? A couple of cats are calling him dumb - . i dont get it.

Millionaires are going to stretch the rules and the public usually lets them back in.

• I dont really see this incident as a big deal. Im sorry.

i know what you're saying, but dude had a loaded gun on him in his car.
    he probably won't be able to play "it was my security's gun" card.

I see your point, but I gotta disagree. Rich folks, especially celebrities are "put under a microscope" daily, and I don't think many of us can begin to imagine what that's like. They're just as prone to mental and emotional instability as the rest of us. Some of the same qualities that made them great, may ultimately lead to their demise as well. And that may not necessarily be a bad thing.

If u cant imagine what its like then why would u attempt to apply real world logic to people who live outside of it? A couple of cats are calling him dumb - . i dont get it.

Millionaires are going to stretch the rules and the public usually lets them back in.

You're right. I'm not calling him dumb though. I just expanded on Big_Stack's take on looking at the bigger picture. It's mostly generalized psychology talk.

So he shouldnt drive w/ a gun in his car?

Yo,

The issue is what led him to feel like he had to drive with a gun in his car. What kind of lifestyle, environment, history reinforces such behavior? What does an affluent rapper gain from carrying a gun in the car? Feelings of security, imagined or otherwise? An act of machismo from an insecure person? Impression management? Why?

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Yo,

The issue is what led him to feel like he had to drive with a gun in his car. What kind of lifestyle, environment, history reinforces such behavior? What does an affluent rapper gain from carrying a gun in the car? Feelings of security, imagined or otherwise? An act of machismo from an insecure person? Impression management? Why?

Security.

My pops carried his gun off duty. Should he not have?

Its an entire human history of info to dissect here.
    Should he move to a "lower' crime rated nieghborhood? Should he place his faith in the authorities to protect him? Can all that money eradicate years of lookin over ones back? Can a man be a responsible gun owner?

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

My pops carried his gun off duty. Should he not have?

Machine gun? Silencer?

Personally I roll with a hand grenade just in case some fool rolls up.

• shooteralishooterali 1,591 Posts
    Rapper Prodigy pleaded guilty to criminal possession of a loaded gun Tuesday in a deal that will put him behind bars for the next 3-1/2 years.

The 32-year-old Queens native interrupted his trial in Manhattan Supreme Court to admit to owning the unlicensed .22-caliber pistol found in an armrest of his bulletproofed Chevy Suburban last October in Chelsea.

He might want to leave the tap shoes and leotards at home.

T.I ain't the only one looking at some jail time!!!!

• I dont really see this incident as a big deal. Im sorry.

Ha, maybe I don't see what you're saying.
    Strictly from a legal standpoint, no, he's not supposed to have a gun in his car.
    It's illegal and his attorney will have a hard time defending it.

If they just caught him with guns on his property,
    he could claim they were for his security, but when
    it's on your seat and you're driving,
    you can't say it was someone else's.

I'm not interested in discussing why he was buying and carrying guns-
    it's irrelevant and pure conjecture.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    Can a man be a responsible gun owner?

no.
    oxymoron.

Can a man be a responsible gun owner?