Anybody heard the new Aceyalone?

2»

Comments

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts

And you acting all indignantly bent out of shape because a rapper has decided to incorporate a dancehall vibe into his usual repertoire, something that has been done to death lately -- and almost universally poorly --[/b] , is totally legitimate[/b] .

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    it'd be hard to top the hip-hop trifecta of Accepted Eclectic, Love And Hate and Magnificent City[/b]

I did like "Accepted Eclectic." At least, I think I did. Lemme thumb through my old URBs...

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts
    Has anyone heard the Sinead O'Connor reggae-themed album? I haven't, but I bet it's not that bad. But then, I think I'm the only dude on here who rides for the 12-inch version of "I Want Your Hands on Me (feat. MC Lyte)" from Sinead's first record.

Put 'em on
    Put 'em on
    Put 'em on
    Put 'em on me.

JRoot

PS I don't really like reggae.

• Has anyone heard the Sinead O'Connor reggae-themed album?

It's not an album; just a single. The hook is something like:

Put dem 'pon
    Put dem 'pon
    Put dem 'pon
    Put dem 'pon I.

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts
    Put dem 'pon
    Put dem 'pon
    Put dem 'pon
    Put dem 'pon I

Sounds a little too much like reggae for I to like it.

• SLurgSLurg 446 Posts
    IF HE DOES NOT FEATURE JAMALSKI HE IS SELLING OUT THE WEST COAST UNDERGROUND.
    Jamalski has been living in France for years now.

• SLurgSLurg 446 Posts
    IF HE DOES NOT FEATURE JAMALSKI COCKNI O' DIRE [/b]HE IS SELLING OUT THE WEST COAST UNDERGROUND.
    Cockni has been living in Dallas for years now.

• Although this man has always struck me as cornball, even when he is at his best. I take that Aceyalone/RJD2 terd of last year over this terd any day.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    The more records you consider as terds the more of a man you are.

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts
    This album is an embarrassment.

Why exactly is that?

• CBearCBear 902 Posts
    I just deleted all his albums except for All Balls Don't Bounce from my computer to make room for record day. Don't miss them.

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    I once asked him if it's true he got served by Juice when he was in Chicago. He got pissed off and walked away (oops!).

I think I'm doing a show with him next month too

I once asked him if it's true he got served by Juice when he was in Chicago. He got pissed off and walked away (oops!).

To keep from punching you in the eye for asking such a loaded, pissbwoy question.

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    That single is pretty bad and is obviously a veiled attempt to get his music in the clurb without "selling" out.

I dunno it sounds like any reggae influenced pop-track (almost reggaeton) in the last few years, all highs, no bottom, and borrrring.

And really though, whats up with the mohawk? I mean isn't dude in his late 30s, pushing 40? eriosuly? Mohawk?

PS. I do appreciate his attempt though, at least he is trying something interesting, I just think it sounds poorly executd listening to that track.

• dayday 9,612 Posts

To keep from punching you in the eye for asking such a loaded, pissbwoy question.

Bah. That's not the shit I asked verbatim, Robbie.
    I respect what he and FF have done, but I'm not a nut rider for anyone, let alone your idols.
    That said, it was just a rumor I heard and wanted to know the deal. Juice was just coming up back then and making some noise.

I'm just not really detecting the vast gulf between the supposed contrived idiocy of Acey's new single versus say the supposed natural genius of Kanye's new single.

I mean, I clearly see why one is better than the other. But they are both cheesy to me in many of the same ways...so again, I don't at all see them as night and day to the point of putting one dude on a pedastal versus pridefully shitting down the neck of the other.

Again, what people hate and how, often times says more about them than it does about the subject at hand.

And to clarify that a bit further, just like when Magnificient City came out, or Temptations for that matter, I just don't get the degree to which Acey gets hated on...especially by dudes who probably at one point had much of their personal hip-hop identity based on Fellowship-originated trends.

In other words, hate yourself on your own watch.

Bah. That's not the shit I asked verbatim, Robbie.
    I respect what he and FF have done, but I'm not a nut rider for anyone, let alone your idols.
    That said, it was just a rumor I heard and wanted to know the deal. Juice was just coming up back then and making some noise.

Fact > Rumor...

Juice was part of a team (along with Eminem, Wordsworth, and Kwest tha Madd Ladd I think it was) that got duly served by a team of Ace, PEACE, Khule, and Ridd at the Rap Sheet Rap Olympics circa 95-96.

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    This was a 1 on 1 thing around 96' or '97 that took place in Chicago. Could be the same thing tho.

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    I'm just not really detecting the vast gulf between the supposed contrived idiocy of Acey's new single versus say the supposed natural genius of Kanye's new single.

I mean, I clearly see why one is better than the other. But they are both cheesy to me in many of the same ways...so again, I don't at all see them as night and day to the point of putting one dude on a pedastal versus pridefully shitting down the neck of the other.

Again, what people hate and how, often times says more about them than it does about the subject at hand.

And to clarify that a bit further, just like when Magnificient City came out, or Temptations for that matter, I just don't get the degree to which Acey gets hated on...especially by dudes who probably at one point had much of their personal hip-hop identity based on Fellowship-originated trends.

In other words, hate yourself on your own watch.

uhh i hope this wasn't directed at me because my consensus of the new kanye album was pretty much straight up trash.

• Has anyone heard the Sinead O'Connor reggae-themed album?

It's not an album; just a single. The hook is something like:

Put dem 'pon
    Put dem 'pon
    Put dem 'pon
    Put dem 'pon I.

Nah. It's an album.

http://www.amazon.com/Throw-Down-Your-Sin%C3%A9ad-OConnor/dp/B000B6D6TU

Haven't heard it, but the single (burning spear cover?) sounded kind of nice.

as for acey - I also want someone to answer what hip hop artist has done something like this lately? I can't think of anyone.

This was a 1 on 1 thing around 96' or '97 that took place in Chicago. Could be the same thing tho.

Acey's not invinsible. Maybe he took an L...but then again, so did PEACE when he visited the Midwest.

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts

Why exactly is that?

Aceyalone has done some decent shit.. he just sounds like he's faking it through this whole record.

Why exactly is that?

Aceyalone has done some decent shit.. he just sounds like he's faking it through this whole record.

Faking what? The songs I've heard he's rapping in a similar style to his norm, just maybe not as effectively as he used to. I've yet to hear him actually trying to sound Jamaican.

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts

Why exactly is that?

Faking what? The songs I've heard he's rapping in a similar style to his norm, just maybe not as effectively as he used to. I've yet to hear him actually trying to sound Jamaican.

Faking it as in "I'm not really feelin this beat, but I'll rap over it anyway and see if this saves my failing career".

Why exactly is that?

Faking it as in "I'm not really feelin this beat, but I'll rap over it anyway and see if this saves my failing career".

I get your point...i.e. uninspired...so thanks for responding.

But reducing rap music to a study in career trajectory is L A M E.

Many of my favorite rappers are in and out jail...thus their career's are going nowhere. But damned if they don't make good music.

• The biggest mistake of my career. See what pussy does to you? All types of crazy shit, Annalillia has been on this whole natural lifestyle these past few years and one thing lead to another and....damn.....I have a Frickin' mohawk?!!!!?!??!