The State of Hipster T-shirts

Comments

• Options
    I'm trying to upload this photo (photobucket is sloooow) I just took of my brother's speakers, it's got stickers on it from Vuarnet, Side Out, Body Glove, and O'Brien. Catchit and Hobie were big out here too.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    What y'all know about...

• I'm trying to upload this photo (photobucket is sloooow) I just took of my brother's speakers, it's got stickers on it from Vuarnet, Side Out, Body Glove, and O'Brien. Catchit and Hobie were big out here too.

OH YELL YEAH!! I knew there was a ton of brands I was forgetting!!

Ultra Hot
    Bad Boy
    Pat Magee's

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts

• ohsnap! yeah these new hoodies are like glorified underoos and this is like the perfect example.

• What y'all know about...

I remember that one shop by Rice University was the only place you could get that shit back in 1990/91...used to have a couple/3 t-shirts back in the day...

Man, in 6th/7th grade(1983ish), Ocean Pacific tees were the cool-o-meter in Germantown, TN.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts

thats gross.

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts

THESE ARE NOT HIPSTER T-SHIRTS!

• Does anybody else remember A HREF="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jams"> Jams /A>? I remember it was a big deal when stores would get in new shipments of Jams and everybody wanted to have a pair of the latest designs.

• Does anybody else remember A HREF="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jams"> Jams /A>? I remember it was a big deal when stores would get in new shipments of Jams and everybody wanted to have a pair of the latest designs.

yes!!! jams! i never saw a pair for sale but all the rich kids in town had a pair. though i remember them being like ugly ass koolats or whatevers. these actually look like shorts.

• I had fake jams.

man, I had a lot of fake shit. oh well. I remember gettin those big ass square patches on my jeans because I would tear them up. I hated them, and I would beg my mom not to patch my jeans and make me look like a herb, but no, i got the big ass patches.

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts

Kids are paying big bucks to look like a house painter now?

P.S. Anybody cop these when they came out?
    IMG SRC=http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/6444/dickshirtie6.jpg>

• I had fake jams.

me too, my mom made them for me, so I guess they werent fake, but "custom"! It was cool I got to pick out the fabric, so I thought they were cooler than real jams...I had three pair of the illest paisley jernts around...also had some "batik" ones when that shit was popular...

• I had fake jams.

man, I had a lot of fake shit. oh well. I remember gettin those big ass square patches on my jeans because I would tear them up. I hated them, and I would beg my mom not to patch my jeans and make me look like a herb, but no, i got the big ass patches.

we must be cousins or something cuz my mom would do the same shit.

• SKIDZ?

What y'all know about...

I remember that one shop by Rice University was the only place you could get that shit back in 1990/91...used to have a couple/3 t-shirts back in the day...

^^^Knows what he's talmbout^^^

Although by that time, Yaga had its original store in Galveston as well as another in Baybrook Mall.

I've got an old suitcase in my garage full of shirts like the ones mentioned in this thread. Haven't gone through it in quite some time. Fine time to do some digging...

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    i really want some old vintage SJ tshirts. and by SJ i am talking about the LA SJ not no sanjo somesuch. yeah, like the old "monku monku monku" jawns or the "544 go shi shi" hotness. help me out on thems!

i bought this at the flea market a few years back and its one of my favorite shirts. 2dollars out the door.

• vajdaijvajdaij 447 Posts
    SKIDZ?

oh hell yeah!

• Haha! Thanks. That's not the one though. It had triangles in the logo. Yellow and blue I think.

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts

Haha! Thanks. That's not the one though. It had triangles in the logo. Yellow and blue I think.

This one has more potential.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    I just bought this one:

Sometimes I hate feeling like I fall into the "over 30 rockin' 'Golden Era' Hip Hop tees" category, but this album damn near changed my life (plus it looks fresh against the black like that).

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

I remember all this shit like it was yesterday

Dude, my high school years just flashed before my eyes

• minneapminneap 541 Posts
    would anyone pay $20 for this scratch jawn?

• I just bought this one:

Sometimes I hate feeling like I fall into the "over 30 rockin' 'Golden Era' Hip Hop tees" category, but this album damn near changed my life (plus it looks fresh against the black like that).

wouldn't a straight replica of the album cover have been fresher though? rather than the clothing brand name insinuated in?

• i had a quik-way tshirt i bought off the dude at quikway for $15. took it right off his fat hairy back and gave it to me complete with grease stains. i lost it when i moved down here and i have been mourning it ever since.

• oh yeah, and not for nothen, but it was icey cold down here last weekend. im talking low 50s at nite. anyways, the place where i play records looked like a lumberjack convention. time to throw out my freakin pendletons.