The State of Hipster T-shirts

124»

Comments

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    I just bought this one:

Sometimes I hate feeling like I fall into the "over 30 rockin' 'Golden Era' Hip Hop tees" category, but this album damn near changed my life (plus it looks fresh against the black like that).

wouldn't a straight replica of the album cover have been fresher though? rather than the clothing brand name insinuated in?

Probably, but I'd still rock that shirt like crazy.

• tuneuptuneup 586 Posts
    speaking of brand name rip ofs....

did any of my Canadian people (or anyone else for that matter), ever feel the finance crunch when trying to look nice when you were younger, and purchase a O.C (Ocean Club) t-shirt from BiWay? Brilliant rip offs of Ocean Pacific, that I must admit I liked better, both for price and for looks.

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts

what i dont get is when and how The Strokes became the one "hip" band for every person over-30 or sitcom to reference...especially sincei cant remember hearing anything from them for like 3 or 4 years at this point.

• what i dont get is when and how The Strokes became the one "hip" band for every person over-30 or sitcom to reference...especially sincei cant remember hearing anything from them for like 3 or 4 years at this point.

Because it's funnier to say that than the Animal Collective...
    (and that people over 30 still think the Strokes rule - myself included )

• LeftyLefty 259 Posts

• LeftyLefty 259 Posts
    quicksilver too

• LeftyLefty 259 Posts

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    I dunno if this is a hipster tshirt, but I need this one in my life:

It depends. If you weren't born when karate kid came out then its hipster retro throw back trash. If you are 31 then its just rad and you (meaning me) should get one right away.

I'd really like a shirt with the curly-haired blond guy saying "Put him in a body bag, Johnny. Yeah!"

• LeftyLefty 259 Posts

hipper then you

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts

hipper then you
    Hipsters would probably think that this shirt has more to do with ethnic hip hop than pollyurethane. Is this a hipster shirt?

• LeftyLefty 259 Posts
    i dont know,
    does the shirt make the hipster or the hipster the shirt??

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    Can somebody put this on a Tee? Maybe it's the next soulstrut tee batch.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Funny Rap Cool