Personal Life Balance

yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
edited September 2007 in Strut Central
When you're working full-time for example, you only get to spend X amount of your personal life with your friends, family, and/or significant other. How do you guys find the time for all of the above? I'm finding it difficult to find the perfect balance. Sacrifices need to be made, who are they in your case?

Comments

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Sacrifices need to be made

May I suggest logging off SoulStrut or at least not posting in every single thread? Or, at a minimum, staying out of the rap-related threads?

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Another perfectly legit thread ruined by _____ ass-hurt poster.

• When you're on soulstrut[/b] full-time for example, you only get to spend X amount of your personal life with your friends, family, and/or significant other. How do you guys find the time for all of the above? I'm finding it difficult to find the perfect balance. Sacrifices need to be made, who are they in your case?

• Yuichi, I realize the pressures and concerns facing a young bloggitist. Send me a PM and I'll quote you my hourly life-coach rates.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Okay, I apologize for my earlier flippant response. You should definitely cut off your girl in order to focus more fully upon SoulStrut.

Yuichi, I realize the pressures and concerns facing a young bloggitist. Send me a PM and I'll quote you my hourly life-coach rates.

WHAT YOU DON'T REALIZE IS, I KEEP MY SHIT FOCUSED WHEN THE SEASON STARTS DAMNIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (KEEP MY BEEFS INSIDE THE NBA THREAD)

A man can lose his mind when he doesn't get to watch basketball. I live and breathe that shit. Don't be ass-hurt on the internet cuz someone questioned another's regional rap taste.

• Options

No lie, I had a partner 10 years ago who was exactly like that. It was even funnier when I overheard him on the phone with his pregnant wife and she was the same way. I from then on dubbed his kid Baby Pottymouth.

• Options

Okay, I apologize for my earlier flippant response. You should definitely cut off your girl in order to focus more fully upon SoulStrut.

His girl IS Soulstrut. She's a metaphor wrapped in a paradox.

Your initial response was flippant (I had to look that up at Dictionary.com), something that was uncharacteristic of someone of your stature. I am bewildered, disappointed, and deeply saddened. But I still love you baby.

• Yuichi, I realize the pressures and concerns facing a young bloggitist. Send me a PM and I'll quote you my hourly life-coach rates.

WHAT YOU DON'T REALIZE IS, I KEEP MY SHIT FOCUSED WHEN THE SEASON STARTS DAMNIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (KEEP MY BEEFS INSIDE THE NBA THREAD)

A man can lose his mind when he doesn't get to watch basketball. I live and breathe that shit. Don't be ass-hurt on the internet cuz someone questioned another's regional rap taste.

Do what you wish man, but my hand is extended. We can work out a payment program or you can use some of your student loan $$$. Call my hotline at 1-800-BIGG-DOGG.

Yuichi, I realize the pressures and concerns facing a young bloggitist. Send me a PM and I'll quote you my hourly life-coach rates.

Do what you wish man, but my hand is extended. We can work out a payment program or you can use some of your student loan $$$. Call my hotline at 1-800-BIGG-DOGG.

Is this sorta like the Big Brother program?

That's it, I'm retiring from Soulstrut.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Sacrifices need to be made

May I suggest logging off SoulStrut or at least not posting in every single thread? Or, at a minimum, staying out of the rap-related threads?

says the guy w/ twice as many posts

• That's it, I'm retiring from Soulstrut.

So does this mean you're gonna switch to posting on, say, VV maybe? Kinda like Jordo after they beat the Suns?

That's it, I'm retiring from Soulstrut.

So does this mean you're gonna switch to posting on, say, VV maybe? Kinda like Jordo after they beat the Suns?

Jordan is overrated.

• When you're working full-time for example, you only get to spend X amount of your personal life with your friends, family, and/or significant other. How do you guys find the time for all of the above? I'm finding it difficult to find the perfect balance. Sacrifices need to be made, who are they in your case?

I've been a workaholic for the past 8 or 9 years of my life. I have big plans to cut way back. 2008 will be my year.

• It's incredibly hard and sacrifices have to be made.
    This is especially true if you have children.

This thread is back on track. Cool. Just wanted some perceptive for a confused and tired mind.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts

Jordan is overrated.
    BAN

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts

May I suggest logging off SoulStrut or at least not posting in every single thread?[/b]

• May I suggest logging off SoulStrut or at least not posting in every single thread?[/b]

but hasnt this dude been here since soulstruts jump off? he didnt rack those up in 2 years.

• I work my 40 hour week at my retail hell job, cater/dj on the weekends, hopefully have Sunday off to spend a whole day with the wife and baby. I hang out w/ friends on a weeknight if possible, but the baby wins all hands all the time. My wife is a full time student, bartender, and mother It can totally be done, you just need to adjust that sleep schedule, and or friend schedule. We're super busy, but it's for the cause of a better future in another land. Good luck

• How do you guys find the time for all of the above?
    If you're not currently doing this, then you need to start planning out your daily, weekly and monthly events & activities.

Buy yourself a planner and get busy.

• How do you guys find the time for all of the above?
    If you're not currently doing this, then you need to start planning out your daily, weekly and monthly events & activities.

Buy yourself a planner and get busy.

preach on brother

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts

May I suggest logging off SoulStrut or at least not posting in every single thread?[/b]

faux is funny.

yuichi is a joke

which side of this equation do you want to be on?

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts
    adjust that sleep schedule

plan your zombiedays

• Lots of weed, records, catching the local soccer team games and get drunk..
    and of course following the strutteurs bashing on yuichi every day in my lunch break

-lurking

• adjust that sleep schedule

plan your zombiedays

No joke. Having a job that you can coast through on autopilot and not be required to be on level 10 (AKA don't be a server or retail) all the while rocking it til all hours of the night will definitely help in the sanity levels.

I am working 50 yrs a week, plus djing 2-3 nights a week and trying to seriously put together some music and balance a wife. hahaaaa good luck chuck. but i love it. and if you dont think about alot of stuff, it is sometimes helpful to repress what you dont need to deal with today for tomorrow.

faux is funny.

yuichi is a joke

which side of this equation do you want to be on?

Soulhawk, still hugging my nuts.