NBA Fantasy League 2007-2008 (Strut League)

Comments

• I'm riding for K-Mart also. His first game back was hopefully a sign of things to come...... 9 points / 5 boards in 14 minutes.

Do you guys think Nene, Camby and Martin will all be in Nugget uniforms come the all star break?

Even beyond those three, something has got to give on that team.

I'd love to see Linas Kleiza in Portland.

I hope KMART is back. He never fit that well with the Nuggets really, lot of personality issues with the coach, negative attitude when his game woudl fall off, stuff like that. But last season, before his injury, he was looking amazing. He was jumping higher than I've seen him jump, playing with tons of energy, it was nice. I woudl really like to see that KMart play again.

As far as Camby, Martin, Nene all in Nugs outfits, you mean because of injury or trade? I don't think any of them are getting traded. Injury is unpredictable. It's like asking is AK47 will last the whole season. Who knows.

Kleiza is ours, you can't have him. Dude was on fire late last season. I hope to see him elevate his game this year. Was he in the fantasy draft? Did somebody get him?

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Azubuike, Kelenna: Is told by Don Nelson to ???get a gimmick???

• Man, y'all some haters. How you figure that was worth 10 games? Why didn't Brad Miller get suspended?

Come on GP, you know I'm just being bitter about that shit. Melo/JR got the heavy suspensions last year, so every time I see some on-court beef, I think it should be a 10 game suspension cuz that's how JR and Melo got it.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I'm riding for K-Mart also. His first game back was hopefully a sign of things to come...... 9 points / 5 boards in 14 minutes.

Do you guys think Nene, Camby and Martin will all be in Nugget uniforms come the all star break?

I hope KMART is back. He never fit that well with the Nuggets really, lot of personality issues with the coach, negative attitude when his game woudl fall off, stuff like that. But last season, before his injury, he was looking amazing. He was jumping higher than I've seen him jump, playing with tons of energy, it was nice. I woudl really like to see that KMart play again.

As far as Camby, Martin, Nene all in Nugs outfits, you mean because of injury or trade? I don't think any of them are getting traded. Injury is unpredictable. It's like asking is AK47 will last the whole season. Who knows.

You don't think they'd love to unload Nene?

• Man, y'all some haters. How you figure that was worth 10 games? Why didn't Brad Miller get suspended?

Come on GP, you know I'm just being bitter about that shit. Melo/JR got the heavy suspensions last year, so every time I see some on-court beef, I think it should be a 10 game suspension cuz that's how JR and Melo got it.

That was serious scrappin'. Spilled into the crowd. This was pretty minor. Time to let go of the past.

• OK I'm the rookie, how bad did I do on my picks? I understand B. Diddy was a bad pick cuz of FT%. Nene is a high risk pick. Kobe is a gimme. How bout the rest?

BD
    Kobe
    Rip
    Melo
    Okur
    Nene
    Al Horford
    David Lee
    D. Fish
    Noc
    Ridnour
    Bowen

Man, y'all some haters. How you figure that was worth 10 games? Why didn't Brad Miller get suspended?

He's white.

• I'm riding for K-Mart also. His first game back was hopefully a sign of things to come...... 9 points / 5 boards in 14 minutes.

Based on the end of last season, no. He was the truth for a minute, showed what he can do. Injuries are a problem, yes, salary is high, but if we deal Nene, we better get a serious PF or C because he's the only young big we have. This may be Camby's last significant season with the Nuggets, KMart is yet to be determined, we dealt Evans (not like he was worthy of standing up next to the 3 main bigs), and that's all we got. If we let Nene go, we have no post threat, and while he isn't the best defender, he still gives us size. We'd obviously jump quicker at trading Martin, but nobody wants him. There were a lot of talks about letting Camby go in a trade to make some cap room and free up the lux tax, but that didn't go anywhere.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I'm riding for K-Mart also. His first game back was hopefully a sign of things to come...... 9 points / 5 boards in 14 minutes.

Based on the end of last season, no. He was the truth for a minute, showed what he can do. Injuries are a problem, yes, salary is high, but if we deal Nene, we better get a serious PF or C because he's the only young big we have. This may be Camby's last significant season with the Nuggets, KMart is yet to be determined, we dealt Evans (not like he was worthy of standing up next to the 3 main bigs), and that's all we got. If we let Nene go, we have no post threat, and while he isn't the best defender, he still gives us size. We'd obviously jump quicker at trading Martin, but nobody wants him. There were a lot of talks about letting Camby go in a trade to make some cap room and free up the lux tax, but that didn't go anywhere.

Based on what he looked like this summer, he may need the full season to play himself back into that sort of shape...

BD
    Kobe
    Rip
    Melo

Cool

Okur
    Nene
    Al Horford
    David Lee
    D. Fish
    Noc
    Ridnour
    Bowen

assists?

• Yeah he did get fat again, the bastard. You know, my fears were realized, he did get injured when playing with Brazil, which is likely why he hasn't been working out and why he got large again. They say he should be starting on Halloween. We'll see.

• BD
    Kobe
    Rip
    Melo

Cool

Okur
    Nene
    Al Horford
    David Lee
    D. Fish
    Noc
    Ridnour
    Bowen

assists?

Fish? Yeahy, deifnitely lacking in that category. I think I should make up for it in points with Davis Melo and Kobe. Although I don't know how the points work so that could be totally untrue...

He's white.

Shaq shoulda kilt that mofo when he had the chance.

BD
    Kobe
    Rip
    Melo

Cool

Okur
    Nene
    Al Horford
    David Lee
    D. Fish
    Noc
    Ridnour
    Bowen

assists?

Fish? Yeahy, deifnitely lacking in that category. I think I should make up for it in points with Davis Melo and Kobe. Although I don't know how the points work so that could be totally untrue...

Ridenour might not even start. And Bowen doesnt do much. 3pt % might be cool.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    they hit their stride on the "D" names
    Dampier, Erick: will leak gravy onto the court.
    Daniels, Antonio: forgets what team he???s playing for, passes to himself.
    Daniels, Marquis: will be caught sleeping in an old Mavericks uniform.
    Davidson, Jermareo: will explode.
    Davis, Baron: will lead the Warriors to a perilous ruin, causing a distraction with his unresolved contract situation.
    Davis, Glen: is going to wave a towel in a Turiaf-esque manner.
    Davis, Paul: will be loved tender.
    Davis, Ricky: is gonna get traded, then criticized unjustly.
    Deane, Willie: will get pantsed by Gilbert Arenas.
    Delfino, Carlos: angry in believing that Flip Saunders is still his coach.
    Deng, Luol: Bulls??? first all-star since the Clinton administration.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Armstrong, Hilton: Demands personalized towels from the Hornets[/b]

Unfortunately the Hornets are on a Holiday Inn budget

• 99Problems99Problems 1,541 Posts

Question for the league...

How do people feel about making weekly roster changes versus daily roster changes? It's set up for weekly right now...and while I'm not entirely opposed to this I'd like to see some dialogue about the advantages/disadvantages of each.

I have a slight preference for daily changes because I like to tinker with my line-up and see all my players compete. Daily substitutions also helps to account for any injuries that pop up during the week. It's probably a little bit more of a time committment for some...but I don't mind since I'll be checking scores daily anyway (and gives me something to do before I start my work day).

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

How do people feel about making weekly roster changes versus daily roster changes? It's set up for weekly right now...and while I'm not entirely opposed to this I'd like to see some dialogue about the advantages/disadvantages of each.

I have a slight preference for daily changes because I like to tinker with my line-up and see all my players compete. Daily substitutions also helps to account for any injuries that pop up during the week. It's probably a little bit more of a time committment for some...but I don't mind since I'll be checking scores daily anyway (and gives me something to do before I start my work day).

I prefer daily(I have no life) but either way is fine.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

I prefer daily(I have no life) but either way is fine.

Folks, please check in on this and leave your vote in this thread.

Daily would be fine for me, and keep in mind that you can adjust your (daily) rosters ahead of time, if you'd like. So, making the switch just gives you additional flexibility and makes the league more competitive, I believe.

Tally:

Yay:[/b]
    99Problems
    Rockadelic
    drewnice
    keithvanhorn
    G_Balliando
    JimBeam
    theory9
    BATMON

Nay:[/b]
    Mr. Delmont

Either:[/b]
    yoigotbeats

• I'm going to vote nay.

Mainly because I dont have a reliable wi fi connection here in Cambodia, some days I cant get on at all.

• daily

• I'm going to vote nay.

• I have access to adjust daily, but time could be another story... I'll say yay.

• people are sleeping on the pre-season moves. batmon, plan on getting served in week 1!

people are sleeping on the pre-season moves.

Well, if you draft solid the first time around, you don't have to do much clean up. I mean, you couldn't have thought Steve Fracis just happened to leave his game in Houston all these years!

I do think it's a good pick up on Wally, though. (Rockadelic may disagree ) He should get some burn this year, especially with Durant's injury last night (no official word on when he'll be back, shouldn't be long), but either way he's one of few, or perhaps the only, dependable vet on the team.

And in regard to Lowry, is it really that much of a harbinger to rack up 21 and 12 playing 44 minutes of a double OT game when the starter in his position only played for the equivalent of a full quarter with zero stats across the board, or didn't even play? (conflicting reports)

Yeah, I'm talkin' sh*t.

• people are sleeping on the pre-season moves.

BELLINELI, BATCHES!!

• And in regard to Lowry, is it really that much of a harbinger to rack up 21 and 12 playing 44 minutes of a double OT game

ACTUALLY....last night lowry messed around and got a triple double

A point of note in regard to the adding/dropping of players while considering the daily or weekly option above:

The default deadline to make all transactions (trades, waiver claims, and free agent pick-ups) for the following day is 11:59 p.m. PT each night. All transactions are then reflected in your lineup for the following day.

So, if you add a player to your roster on Wednesday morning at 6:00 a.m. PT, he's available to your team on Thursday.[/b]

Custom League commissioners can choose to keep this deadline or arrange their league so all transactions can only be made on a weekly basis.

If you choose to configure your league to use the weekly option, all transactions made during the week are reflected in your lineup on that day of the week.

For a transaction to take effect in a given week, it must be completed by 11:59 p.m. PT on the day before your league's deadline.

I think keeping it at default is best.

• Drewnice, you are Soul City Players, right? I'm playing you week 1, I think. What it do!

And fuck, Durant is injured? I hope he's back by the 31st, I want him to play when the Nuggets destroy the Sonics on Halloween.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    i'll go w/ daily, but i doubt i'll have time to keep that close of an eye on it. I guess weekly would work too, but it's nice to know daily is possible if i need to utilize it.