New Afro Funk Mix

FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
edited September 2007 in Strut Central
My friend Greg was nice enought to host my newest mix. This one is exclusively made with records that I found on my trip to Accra a few weeks ago.This one is pretty funky no weird Folk or cheesy Disco stuff this time...All groups and artists are from Ghana besides the Apostles and the Bunzu Soundz which both are from Lagos.00:00 Gyedu-Blay Ambolley -this hustling world04:10 Marijata -break through09:10 George Danquah -just for a moment12:48 Rob -more18:00 The Apostles -black is beautiful22:30 Ebo Taylor & Uhuru Yenzu -victory26:40 K. Frimpong -kyenkyen bi adu m'awu33:33 Ebo Taylor -peace on earth41:10 Gyedu-Blay Ambolley -fa no dem ara45:45 George Danquah -araba soso wo ndzema49:58 Bunzu Soundz -zimabu53:10 CK Mann -ahejde

Comments

• jimeyjimey 279 Posts
    thank you !

• MoogManMoogMan Sao Paulo, Brazil 1,173 Posts
    My friend Greg was nice enought to host my newest mix. This one is exclusively made with records that I found on my trip to Accra a few weeks ago.
    This one is pretty funky no weird Folk or cheesy Disco stuff this time...
    all groups and artists are from Ghana besides the Apostles and the Bunzu Sounds which both are from Lagos.

00:00 Gyedu-Blay Ambolley -this hustling world
    04:10 Marijata -break through
    09:10 George Danquah -just for a moment
    12:48 Rob -more
    18:00 The Apostles -black is beautiful
    22:30 Ebo Taylor & Uhuru Yenzu -victory
    26:40 K. Frimpong -kyenkyen bi adu m'awu
    33:33 Ebo Taylor -peace on earth
    41:10 Gyedu-Blay Ambolley -fa no dem ara
    45:45 George Danquah -araba soso wo ndzema
    49:58 Bunzu Soundz -zimabu
    53:10 CK Mann -ahejde

Many thanks for your generosity, Frank.
    This mix will become another SS classic.

Peace

• CBearCBear 902 Posts
    I've never personally said thanks for doing this. Here's mine. I love these mixes. I'm a third of the way through this one and you're .

• DOPE! Cannot wait to check this later, thank you

• MondeyanoMondeyano Reykjavik 863 Posts
    Oh my

Was listening to your last mix just yesterday and wondering whether I would hear another one soon. Thank you, sir!!

• Very cool. The stories of your diggimg are great. It would pain me to read the story, see the covers, and not get to hear the music.

Thanks, man!

• Im not worthy.

love it much! thanks

• great stuff, thanks!

• Another amazing mix! Many many thanks! Ebo Taylor's 'Peace on Earth' is incredible!

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    where is the mix at this site? I can't be down yet.

• Click the picture he posted. (right click to save)

These mixes are always great, as are the stories, thank you.

• thanks as always, listening to now.

• 8bits8bits 146 Posts
    HELL YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• i'm enjoying this immensely.. thanks a lot! was there ever a download link for that disco mix?

absoul

• Thanks Frank, un-fucking-believable. I hope some of these make it to a commercial release. Hope all's happy in Conakry. Olivier

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    i'm enjoying this immensely.. thanks a lot! was there ever a download link for that disco mix?

absoul

Click below!

• thank you!