let's see your place

akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
edited September 2007 in Strut Central
i like threads like this, so heres yet another one...my house is a mess right now but i was taking these anyway so i figure id post them here...:outsiderecordsbedroom (just painted it a little while ago)bookshelf/synth zoneliving areagirlfriends "room" (my kitchen)main kitchen area (which is fucking SHIT, these cabinets suck so bad)walkway to the drum roomdrum room (but most of my drums are in my trunk right now...)YEP

Comments

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    what a dump! Time to clean up dude.

This is a good thread idea though, wait till you see my back alley

GHETTTTOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    This is my loft and a party I threw a few years ago. A good three hundered people showed up over the night. It was NUTS!

and thats just half of the loft, too.

edit:

here's more of what my friend took:

leading into my kitchen

they found the mop bucket and the bicycle. hahaha!

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    wow.
    pretty messy.

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    what a dump! Time to clean up dude.

This is a good thread idea though, wait till you see my back alley

GHETTTTOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

its funny because we just got done cleaning a couple days ago...but now were trying to get ready for a garage sale so theres shit everywhere again.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts

Is that a six layer Nintendo cake, with a little Super NES icing?

Is that a six layer Nintendo cake, with a little Super NES icing?

funny you should ask, i got the camera out in the first place to take some pics for that video game thread:

• that nintendo stack is ridiculous. your place looks like what it looks like behind my receiver

This is my loft and a party I threw a few years ago. A good three hundered people showed up over the night. It was NUTS!

always wanted to have a setup like this, im jealous!

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts

Loft party's are DA BESSSSSSS! I lived in a large loft for a year and only had one big party, what a waste!

• This'll be fun

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    Honestly I feel like Im getting old. Im just sticking to dinner parties and all that for now. Maybe put on some cha-cha on the record player and have good wine with friends.

Our landlords put the nix on having parties here ever again...which sucks. But it would be dope as hell to have a soulstrut party up in here. Then I'd say, fuck the landlords!! But why the hell would you all come to a small ass college town?! lol.

This place is huge and I have been hating it lately as I have been wanting to live in a modern/updated apartment. This place is probably almost 80 years old...no joke. But the age gives it soul...I should be more grateful.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    This'll be fun

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    This'll be fun

• Holy shit OE shorts??!!!! Where do you get those?

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts

Holy shit OE shorts??!!!! Where do you get those?

i think thems are drawwwwers.

• i love my flat so much. it was built in 1908 and we have some rooms with wood walls, high ceilings, nice wallpaper in the hallway & stairwell, and a dining room, living room and eat in kitchen. it's spacious and i really lucked out. my roommates are weird, but good weird and with good weird taste. all of them are collectors of some sort

we have a room full of foamheads hanging on the walls. it's scary in there. the boilermakers and the steelers one are my favorites

this is my old room which was too small to house all my crap. i moved into the bigger one in january which i painted a similar green

new one

i'm tempted to paint clouds on the ceiling.

we have way too much furniture though because my roommate volunteers at a thrift store and takes stuff home compulsively

it's hard to get him to let go of things. when i first moved in, i opened the bathroom cabinets and all these vintage board games spilled out

• That looks a lot like my Dad's crib on 19th/Guerrerro which I one day hope to live in love those old SF apartments

My roommate back in college painted his walls/ceilings sky blue with clouds... he used big sponges and made it look pretty realistic. THE CHILLOUT ROOM

• it's already too dark over here to take pictures outside. but anyway this is where all the hatt is coming from:

near Stuttgart, Germany:

growing on the way up there:

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts

near Stuttgart, Germany:

beautiful...i need to travel...

• i'm tempted to paint clouds on the ceiling.

i wanted to paint my room just like that, but my girlfriend wouldn't let me

• Here's some pics from April. And here's the photos in gallery form.

Crazypoprock crashed here the other week with his friend who said "So are you a neat freak or what?"

Mandatory guitar shot.

There's one less apple in that bowl now.

The blue 3-volume set is RUSS MEYER: A CLEAN BREAST. The FRENCH NEW WAVE tome is happy in its role as a literal coffee table book.

My owning a signed-by-Jack-Hill original COFFY one-sheet is negated by my liking that Carolyn Hester album.

The gay owner of Ringside club said that bag is too gay even for him.

Best shot of the bunch. Not my poster design, not even my club night. The midget stove is the actual size seen on your screen.

Spicy, basically.

Cheap oil and cheap wine. The Stella magnums were a gift from our client The Carolina Brewery. Retail value $65 (total).

Poster signed by Fred Williamson & Gloria Hendry. They are both nice as fuck. Sculpture next to Godzilla courtesy Dr. Mummy (Milwaukee).

This picture is not impressive but the 6-foot long poster featuring Pamela Tiffin definitely is.

Stereo rack $25, TV stand $18, record cubes homemade, flatscreen still being paid for, poster a reproduction.

I could die happy being strangled by Angela Mao's pigtails.

Hope you liked the tour. Recommend me some good indoor plants.

• near Stuttgart, Germany:

beautiful...i need to travel...

since i like your place: room swap!!!
    you'd have to walk there, but that would be a great work out combined with your yoga.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts

i'm tempted to paint clouds on the ceiling.

i wanted to paint my room just like that, but my girlfriend wouldn't let me

dang. that's what i want to do with my office once i buy a house. everything pops off the wall.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    My owning a signed-by-Jack-Hill original COFFY one-sheet is negated by my liking that Carolyn Hester album.

I have the OG Italian theatrical poster for Coffy framed on my wall (just has Pam in the foreground, without the backdrop).

I wonder what else we have in common--yo, who does your hair!?

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

I have the OG Italian theatrical poster for Coffy framed on my wall (just has Pam in the foreground, without the backdrop).

I wonder what else we have in common--yo, who does your hair!?

Faux Rillz, post a picture of your Camron memorabilia or.....

• I wonder what else we have in common--yo, who does your hair!?

You secretly like classic punk, I secretly like current crack rap.

[color:white] PM me. [/color]

• Holy shit OE shorts??!!!! Where do you get those?

Haha... those are dope. My roommate found them online years ago... not sure where.

My place only appears baller... it's actually quite cheap. It's a 6 bedroom house that I share with 4 other people. I pay for 2 rooms to myself, a bedroom and a music studio and I only pay $1150 per month. It does have a bit of a frat house feel, but everytime I start thinking I'm too old and mature to be living there I look around and see that I'd be paying twice as much to live in a box anywhere else. I've set the bar pretty high with this place so until I can truly afford a real nice place, I'll be here

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    This is my house almost 100 years a go. It appeared on a postcard that I bid on and lost the first time it came up on eBay. Yo. son. that's my house. It showed up again like a year later and we won that auction.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    This is my house almost 100 years a go. It appeared on a postcard that I bid on and lost the first time it came up on eBay. Yo. son. that's my house. It showed up again like a year later and we won that auction.

CASTLESTRUT.

What a beautiful home. They sure don't make em' like they used to.

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts

Hills of Hollywood b. Come n see me.
    Please excuse our dust. We haven't really moved in yet....I've never been to good at really moving in - as I sort of move a lot. And what goes on a man's walls, often times, I feel, makes the man.