MANDRILL in new wax poetics

Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
edited August 2007 in Strut Central
so do any of yall geniuses who said that WAR > mandrill in that thread from a month or so ago still feel the same way after reading that new Wax Po? If you haven't read it yet, check it out quick and get back to me

Comments

• yes

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    yes

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    just surprise me ONCE and admit that you're wrong and ill-informed, wouldja?

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Mandrill over War any day, ridiculous comparison, if it were basketball Mandrill would be Bill Russell and War would be Greg Ostertag.

• just surprise me ONCE and admit that you're wrong and ill-informed, wouldja?

Knowing a lot more about Mandrill's sound and their background and their career doesn't change my opinion that War had way better and more memorable songs.

jaymack, your avatar is really bugging me. ahahaha

• Mandrill over War any day

they hit higher heights musically and artistically even though they had fewer "hits"

any chance of the article being scanned in here for the sake of the argument?

Knowing a lot more about Mandrill's sound and their background and their career doesn't change my opinion that War had way better and more memorable songs.

they was CRUSHIN' war back then though, jonny!!! it's right there, in black and white

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Mandrill over War any day

they hit higher heights musically and artistically

Just to clarify, we are still talking about the cheesy funk with monkeys on their albums, right?

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

Co-sign. It did make me dig up their LPs from the shelf and listen to several in a row, which was quite enjoyable. A great band. WAR was just better is all.

Just to clarify, we are still talking about the cheesy funkgroup with monkeys on their albums, right?

READ THE ARTICLE. you don't know the true and dont know Mandrill

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

MILTON!!![/b]

they was CRUSHIN' war back then though, jonny!!! it's right there, in black and white

if i go out on the street right now and ask a random person if they ever heard of war, it'd be at least 3 out of 5 would say yes, if i asked if they heard of mandrill, it'd prob be more like 1 out of 5.*

*not actual scientific data

Just to clarify, we are still talking about the cheesy funkgroup with monkeys on their albums, right?

READ THE ARTICLE. you don't know the true and dont know Mandrill

This "Wax Poetics" you speak of, can I buy a copy at Safeway?

Co-sign. It did make me dig up their LPs from the shelf and listen to several in a row, which was quite enjoyable. A great band. WAR was just better is all.

you're just wrong

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts

Just to clarify, we are still talking about the cheesy funk with monkeys on their albums, right?

no, Mandrills are apes, not monkeys. We are talking about the cheesy funk group with apes[/b] on thier albums. Monkeys have tails.

no, Mandrills are apes, not monkeys. We are talking about the cheesy funk group with apes[/b] on thier albums. Monkeys have tales.

My bad.

if i go out on the street right now and ask a random person if they ever heard of vanilla ice[/b], it'd be at least 999 out of 1000 would say yes, if i asked if they heard of kool g rap[/b], it'd prob be more like 1 out of 500.*

*actual scientific data

do you now realize how incredibly foolish you are sounding with your logic?

• They might have won a few battles, but they lost the...

None of that article really changes my argument: that in hindsight, the records that really mattered were War's. Mandrill slayed them live, etc etc - you're not arguing between Vanilla Ice and G Rap, you're arguing that like Craig G should be remembered because he was a freestyle champ. At the end of the day, the songs themselves matter. The live performances, all that shit is just memories.

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts

no, Mandrills are apes, not monkeys. We are talking about the cheesy funk group with apes[/b] on thier albums. Monkeys have tails.

Please don't shop at Safeway for Wax Poetics , it just isn't right.

To keep this LP related, does anyone have a copy of Mandrill - New Worlds for trade / sale?

They might have won a few battles, but they lost the...

None of that article really changes my argument: that in hindsight, the records that really mattered were War's. Mandrill slayed them live, etc etc - you're not arguing between Vanilla Ice and G Rap, you're arguing that like Craig G should be remembered because he was a freestyle champ. At the end of the day, the songs themselves matter. The live performances, all that shit is just memories.

MILTON!!![/b]

None of that article really changes my argument: that in hindsight, the records that really mattered were War's. Mandrill slayed them live, etc etc - you're arguing that like Craig G should be remembered because he was a freestyle champ. At the end of the day, the songs themselves matter. The live performances, all that shit is just memories.

"now that's just dumb"

if i go out on the street right now and ask a random person if they ever heard of vanilla ice[/b], it'd be at least 999 out of 1000 would say yes, if i asked if they heard of kool g rap[/b], it'd prob be more like 1 out of 500.*

*actual scientific data

thats not the same.

• They might have won a few battles, but they lost the...

None of that article really changes my argument: that in hindsight, the records that really mattered were War's. Mandrill slayed them live, etc etc - you're arguing that like Craig G should be remembered because he was a freestyle champ. At the end of the day, the songs themselves matter. The live performances, all that shit is just memories.

"now that's just dumb"

Mandrill is the domain of Wax Poetics. War is one of America's greatest recording groups. You rep for That Real Schitt but that is not what matters to people and you must deal.

Mandrill is the domain of Wax Poetics. War is one of America's greatest recording groups. You rep for That Real Schitt but that is not what matters to people and you must deal.

ahahaha

*actual scientific data

thats not the same.

it is EXACTLY the same. you people do too much drugs on this forum

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts

"now that's just dumb"

i was at a rooftop party and they played mandrill and a handful of folks were diggin the sample/beat and then they played war and everyone put their drinks down and started dancing... its really like that.

i like mandrill, have all their records, but play my war albums often.

monkeys > crinkledick

• I don't fuck with Starbucks unless I'm at a rest stop.

To be honest my first exposure to either group was from my homie's dad's collection, which also had Malo, El Chicano, and so on. It's not really either/or - Real Headz had all that schitt. War is not Starbucks homie, at least not where I'm from.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts

*actual scientific data

Please report to the "Scarface is not a legend" thread.