MANDRILL in new wax poetics

123457»

Comments

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    No mention of Harlem River Drive in this whole thraed?

WEST COAST BIAS!

Is the $$$ LP worth it? I have the live at Sing Sing one and while I thought it was solid, the recording is kinda subpar and it just turns into this giant frenzy. They must have been wild live.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts

laughable as most of your posts are... & if you think i did that graphic you got again... best part is you got knowledge dropped on you for days in this thread...
    keep up the good work jotos like you make SS fun...

i KNOW yo azz aint done went and called me a joto... lolol!!
    you takin' stupidity to new levels now, son... please continue. you makin me interested in the internet again. we can just arm-wrestle this out and decide it once and for all, you know.... ahahaha

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    I just copped the Mandrill issue on the strength of Soulman's hype.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    bump?

i dont have the OG thraed

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    i FORGOT the part about how they even had JB shook, had his man cuttin' their speaker wires and shootin' out their damn MONITORS he was so scared to have to follow them, and they STILL killed it even with no speakers!

James Brown, in his autobiography, says that the one thing that puzzled him about recording for Polydor is that they appeared to promote their African-American male artists as animals.

It only dawned on me, maybe in the past five years, that he could have been referring to Mandrill, who had that gorilla as their mascot and maybe JB took that the wrong way.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    wow... good times. i forgot how much fun i used to have with these fake internet arguments i would conjure up... boy was i a silly muthaf***a back when i was young