DOG SHIT

RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
edited August 2007 in Strut Central
As much as I love the little creatures, I HATE STEPPING IN DOG SHIT! It's one of those Oh mann moments especially when you don't notice until the lingering odor hits your nostrils 30 minutes later while you are sitting at your computer at work. Even worse... when you are wearing shiny white sneaks (like I am today) and the shit gets in the crevices... you gotta carve it out with a twig or the last resort... hose them shits down!Share your dog shit stories / tips. Thanks.

Comments

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    Getting it out of the crevices is reaaallly gross. I gag. I'd rather just swipe my sneaker on grass or pavement till its gone.

• ageage 1,131 Posts
    My wife and I dog sit ALLOT.
    The bad side of all of this is, people are not responsible pet owners(not you, sounds like the dog is young,no?)
    As much as I hate picking that shit up, It has to be done(inside or out), unless you want a coffee table like Eddie Murphy referr's to in his old skit!But I wish more people would pick up after themselves or in this case, their dog.

The best thing really to do is keep those hand bags around, if you don't want to buy them,go to the local dog park or park, they sometimes have them ready for everybody to use, take them shits( not literally ) But if the city provides them, fuck it, you are entitled to it.Or use old grocery bags(but double up on them, bags tend to have tears, holes, etc.

But yes, stepping in shit general(old or new kicks) just

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    One time while walking in Rittenhouse Square I stepped in a pile but realized right away and kicked my foot out to get it off. It flew off my shoe and hit some random yuppie dude in the leg. He was pissed.

• If you are near a bathtub, throw your shoes underneath the hot ass water and the shit, shit comes off. It'll stink like shit, shit with all the steam and shit and all but it comes out. Guaranteed. No twigs, sticks, wiping that shit on grass..

I guess if you are not near water, well, then throw dem shits away or they become lawn mowing shoes...

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    i throw out my shoes and get new ones if i step in dog shit

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    I use a similar tactic finding a puddle and doing the twist for a minute. But having dog shit in my bathtub?

• markus71markus71 937 Posts
    we used to blow up piles of dogcrap with firecrackers when we were kids.
    Light and run!

• I was once helping a friend clean up his backyard when I stepped in a pile of his dogs shit. After I cleaned the doody off, my shoes started changing color on the bottom.

I wonder what he feeds it?

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey Raj-Mahal,

We just left an apartment complex in Milwaukee that allowed pets, but the pet owners weren't very conscientiousness. If you dared to tread on the grass in the courtyard, your Nikes would be shit covered. Once upon a time you could run dogs in this area, but then the rich-snot, Marquette and/or Medical College crowd started moving in, and the shit piled. Once, I stepped in a pile of shit with my slip-on, covered-toes joints, and it was a bitch cleaning shit out of very tight grooves in the rubber sole. I didn't realize it until I was back in the apartment, and that stench was horrendous. I always thought of leaving a pile of shit in the doorway of the offending dog owners on some vindictive shit, but I never did it.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• shooteralishooterali 1,591 Posts
    Man dog shit on your shoe when It's 100 plus outside...Heat + Stink..sad shit!!!

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    I was on a date once and she stepped in some dog shit. Then we went into the movie theatre and her shoe stunk up the joint. So I made her take it off and toss it down the aisle.

I felt bad for her though. Must have been embarassing.

• sonofsamsonofsam 680 Posts
    Here comes Rover, sniffin at your ass
    But pardon me bitch, as I shit on your grass
    That means hoe, you been shit-ted on!
    I'm not the first dog that's shitted on your lawn

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Best dogshit story I have is: back in high school my buddy (magicjackson ) was screwing this girl outdoors in a park and she rolled over in some dogshit.

• Options
    Share your dog shit stories / tips

We step in dog shit all the time at my job, and of course there's always the one dipshit who has to comfort you by saying "it's good luck".

First the tips...if you step in it and it has rained recently, find a puddle. Step in the puddle and grind your feet around, do a little mashed potato dance step and then step out and rub your feet through the grass. It works, especially if you're wearing workboots with deep treads.

If there are no puddles, the twig method is best but fuck a twig and use something metal and sharp, like a cut coat hanger that has a sharp point. Just keep wiping it with a napkin or something.

I remember being a freshly hired young buck and going with a guy to do a job at the end of the day in Bayville, a half hour drive from our garage. We walked into this person's yard and since I was being trained I had to keep going back to the truck for tools for this guy. The yard had overgrown grass and dogshit EVERYWHERE, I don't even know if it was all from the dog at the house I think the neighborhood dogs would come around and shit there during the day. So we walk into the yard at first, and SQUISH we both step in it with both feet. Fuck. We bounce to the truck and start to clean it off, finish up and start to work again. SQUISH, both of us step in it again, this time in different spots. Now we look around and realize the shit is EVERYWHERE, you can't avoid it and it's getting late and we have to finish and get home. So we said fuck it, and just walked around stepping in an endless stream of shitpiles, shitcakes, and shitnuggets and happily whistling dixie while doing our work.

I don't recall the amount, but I know we both stepped in it an an amount reacing into the high teens that day. It was a massacre. Plus it was summer, so the smell permeated the air. And a piece of shit can be innocuous while on the ground, but once you step in it the smell is released and hangs in the Long Island humidity so it got worse as the hour dragged on.

We wound up using a spackling trowel to scrape off our boots, then dug out the grooves with a screwdriver leaving huge clumps right in the street. That was some day.

Another time I walked into work in the morning and stepped in cat shit right outside the door to get in, and didn't even know it until I tracked it all into the rug that's inside our door. I ground it in real nasty too, but didn't really give a fuck since the cleaning lady had hit my car the week before and didn't say anything about it.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    Share your dog shit stories / tips

We step in dog shit all the time at my job, and of course there's always the one dipshit who has to comfort you by saying "it's good luck".

First the tips...if you step in it and it has rained recently, find a puddle. Step in the puddle and grind your feet around, do a little mashed potato dance step and then step out and rub your feet through the grass. It works, especially if you're wearing workboots with deep treads.

If there are no puddles, the twig method is best but fuck a twig and use something metal and sharp, like a cut coat hanger that has a sharp point. Just keep wiping it with a napkin or something.

I remember being a freshly hired young buck and going with a guy to do a job at the end of the day in Bayville, a half hour drive from our garage. We walked into this person's yard and since I was being trained I had to keep going back to the truck for tools for this guy. The yard had overgrown grass and dogshit EVERYWHERE, I don't even know if it was all from the dog at the house I think the neighborhood dogs would come around and shit there during the day. So we walk into the yard at first, and SQUISH we both step in it with both feet. Fuck. We bounce to the truck and start to clean it off, finish up and start to work again. SQUISH, both of us step in it again, this time in different spots. Now we look around and realize the shit is EVERYWHERE, you can't avoid it and it's getting late and we have to finish and get home. So we said fuck it, and just walked around stepping in an endless stream of shitpiles, shitcakes, and shitnuggets and happily whistling dixie while doing our work.

I don't recall the amount, but I know we both stepped in it an an amount reacing into the high teens that day. It was a massacre. Plus it was summer, so the smell permeated the air. And a piece of shit can be innocuous while on the ground, but once you step in it the smell is released and hangs in the Long Island humidity so it got worse as the hour dragged on.

We wound up using a spackling trowel to scrape off our boots, then dug out the grooves with a screwdriver leaving huge clumps right in the street. That was some day.

Another time I walked into work in the morning and stepped in cat shit right outside the door to get in, and didn't even know it until I tracked it all into the rug that's inside our door. I ground it in real nasty too, but didn't really give a fuck since the cleaning lady had hit my car the week before and didn't say anything about it.

you know your dogshit.

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    a piece of shit can be innocuous while on the ground, but once you step in it the smell is released and hangs in the Long Island humidity so it got worse as the hour dragged on.

shit cocoon[/b]

• But having dog shit in my bathtub?

Haha...that shit breaks up like nothing. Afterwards, throw some bleach down the shit...you'll never know you had shit in the bathtub.

I see what you are sayin' though...I guess I'll do almost anything to get/keep my kicks clean as heck.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    In grade two, me and two other girls had a gang whose sole purpose was to beat on boys. We made the mistake of pushing one victim into a pile of shit (who the hell doesn't pick up after their dog in a school yard for fuck's sake? anyway.) and he went off crying to a teacher. She came and rounded us up, holding his jacket. She took us the girls' bathroom and told us to clean the jacket off in the sink. I refused to go near the jacket and she could not convince me to do otherwise. I was worried about another thing though, and that is that I had swore at him.He had told her about that, too. I kept asking her if she was going to tell our parents, I so did not want them to know I swore, and she kept trying to get me to wash his collar off. We were not communicating. I am not sure why swearing was a bigger deal than pushing some kid around, into a pile of dog shit no less, but it was. Who knows what goes through the mind of a 6 year old.

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
    cat shit story 2004:

i woke up one sunday morning to some people knocking on my apartment door. there was a cat in the hallway of my building and they were asking if it was mine. nope, no cats here. i live in minnesota so when its winter, i was prone to leave my shoes in the hall. it was a small building and i'm a big mofo so no one was gonna steal my kicks. anyway, i go to work and get home later that night and that furry little fucker took a shit on my right footed sand wallabees! out of all the places in that hall to take a dump and he found some nice suede shoes to disrespect.

got some suede cleaner and all that is left is a small brownish mark. it didn't completely ruin the pair but damn....

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    I have a deep-rooted hate for people who do not pick up their dog's shit fromt he sidewalk in the city.

When I was around 11 I was out with the fam (mom, dad, and 2 younger sisters). We were down at South Beach walking around, having dinner, and it was time to go home. It's late and dark and we're walking back to the car when I turn to my sister (who would have been 8 or 9), "Do you smell poop?" "Yeah, those guys in that car just farted." Good enough answer for my young mind. For forty five minutes ont he car ride home I'm in the back of my mom's car going, "God, it still smells like that guy's fart!" And my mom keeps going, "Are you sure you didn't step in poop?" Needless to say, when we get home I check my shoes, and there lies a fat wad of dog shit.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    fat wad of dog shit.

your face melts too easily

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    fat wad of dog shit.

Not as an 11 year old fouling up the carpets in my mom's car with dog shit. And isn't that what your girl said about your boner?

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    fat wad of dog shit.

Not as an 11 year old fouling up the carpets in my mom's car with dog shit. And isn't that what your girl said about your boner?

I see you are still 11 years old.

• the two best tales that spring to mind ..

at a friends place once the bathroom totally stank, just wrong - turned out that someone had stepped in some dogshit and gone to the bathroom to remove that shit with toilet paper - instead of flushing it though they'd put in the rubbish bin next to the toilet, doh!!

a tale from my brother, where he was hitchhiking with his dog once (a kelpie), and the dog had a diahorrea attack in the car - apparently it went all in around the handbrake & gears etc .. NAGL

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    My removal method of choice is putting the soiled kick outside the back door for a couple
    days and let the caca stinkie dry up nice and hard, then you hit the shoes on the concrete and
    the dookie knocks right off, like regular old mud.

Billy Dee said it best:

It works everytime.

• This is known as "The Steaming Green Foam story"

My girlfriend and I were walking down 93rd st. to my friend's apt one night in 2005. I should have known better, living on the Upper East Side, that every sidewalk is a minefield of canine poo-poo, but she and I were deep in conversation and my attention lapsed.
    We had just crossed the street and taken two steps onto the sidwalk when my left foot landed right in the middle of a pile of foamy steaming green dog diarrhea. Immediately my girl was like, "Oh my God I can't believe you just stepped in that! I was just thinking how funny it would be if someone stepped in that!" Just then we heard these two girls ahead of us laughing. They said, "We were just saying 'could you imagine if someone stepped in that!' HAHAHAHAHAHA".
    Now I really feel like an idiot because apparantly I'm the only jerk on 93rd street that didn't see the bubbling mess, and strangers were laughing at me. Hard. And I was wearing brand new white sneakers which now had a pesto-like green sole.
    We got to my friend's building, and when he answered the buzzer, I asked him to bring down some paper towels because I stepped in dog shit. He said he didn't have any and came down with a plastic bag for me to tie around my foot. I almost lost him as a friend when I asked if I could rinse my sneaker out in his kitchen sink. Then he said, "Wait a minute, did you step in that pile of green diarrhea that was right down the street!? I saw that when I came home and thought how gross it would be if someone stepped in it!"
    "Yes," I said, hating my life.
    He made me wear the plastic bag on my foot the whole time I was there. In the end, there was no salvaging my new sneakers, they had to go in the trash.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    Damn!

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Damniy - I stepped in dog shit yesterday for the first time in, like, 5 years!

Synchronicity WHAT!

• TomOTomO 169 Posts
    song for this thread:

'steppin in it' - herbie hancock.

herbie wrote this song about people who 'need to learn to kerb their dogs'!!!!!