'07 REMAINING RAP THREAD

BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
edited August 2007 in Strut Central
so whats coming out for the rest of the year?trae, z-ro, chamillionaire, three 6, e-40? is gorilla zoe putting something out this year? i've put out of touch recently so please to drop knowledgez

Comments

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

...hopefully

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i thought that song was terrible but i got love for all the other shit i've heard from him. i don't know though, if clipse didn't really get push/have their album out in a timely fashion, where does that leave famlay?

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

...hopefully

the shot at 1:38 is hot.

i thought that song was terrible but i got love for all the other shit i've heard from him. i don't know though, if clipse didn't really get push/have their album out in a timely fashion, where does that leave famlay?

I don't think you have to worry about another Clipse album this year...

...the only thing I am worried about is the sight of Marklatency in a GETT'N MONEY LIKE '88 shirt.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    oh i meant as far as star trek managing their releases; not another clipse album out this year.

i could use one of those shirts though

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Is anything good coming out of the Bay the rest of the year or will KMEL get to keep playing Soulja Boy all day?

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    Yeah where the fuck is the Bay? The only thing I have heard about lately was the Turf Talk album (which is fire). Where is a new Keak album? And e-40 needs another one quick, he did Ghetto Report Card and then did a bunch of guest spots and now he's on all the remixes, seems like he needs to drop something soon.

I'll peep a Famlay album, no doubt.

Where is the Carol City Cartel album?

The Carter III?

B.G. on Grand Hustle?

Some more Young Dro?

2007 needs to happen.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    zoe comes out the 23rd of sept, 2nd boyz n da hood album comes out a week later

definitely looking forward to that new twista record

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

B.G. on Grand Hustle?

Some more Young Dro?

yeah yr on point about that B.G., but i haven't heard anything out of him since that (pretty decent) chopper city boyz record

t.i. said in an interview this past weekend that dro is in the studio recording right now

whats up with:
    soulja boy
    currensy & mack maine (do they have to wait til after carter III???)

2nd boyz n da hood album comes out a week later

Just because I had no idea there was ever talk of another one of these.

By the way, anybody have mp3 of the first boyz n da hood album?

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

Just because I had no idea there was ever talk of another one of these.

By the way, anybody have mp3 of the first boyz n da hood album?

fire

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

...hopefully

thats easily one of the worst beats ive ever heard.

It's not GOAT but worst? C'mon hommie.

...hopefully

thats easily one of the worst beats ive ever heard.

I don't think this thread is going to go in any direction that you will enjoy. Just sayin'...

b/w

That beat is straight.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    UNDERWEAR? OVER THERE
    ONLY GOT A COUPLE PAIR

that neptunes beat is cool but i don't get how people can continue to be so SHOCKED by generic neptunes beats. This could have been off any record they released in the past 4 years. distinctively neptunes = no more creatively amazing any more than '07 Premier beats are

Deej, are you really looking forward to either of those records?

I'm from Atlanta and I'm not even gonna front like I feel any enthusiasm...

2nd boyz n da hood won't be the same without Jeezy, but I will check for it regardless.

UNDERWEAR? OVER THERE
    ONLY GOT A COUPLE PAIR

that neptunes beat is cool but i don't get how people can continue to be so SHOCKED by generic neptunes beats. This could have been off any record they released in the past 4 years. distinctively neptunes = no more creatively amazing any more than '07 Premier beats are

The only person professing SHOCK is the ass-hurt dude who said it was the worst beat he's ever heard.

I've heard better Fam-lay tracks, but if a Hype Williams-directed video means that an album truly is on the horizon, then I'm with it. Plus I like the video.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

;_;

seriously tho i would rather listen to zoe, jody breeze, gee or duke over the fam lay dudes, who i enjoy as, like, lifestyle rap. The same way i like the video ... classy but ultimately 1 dimensional. as lyricists the boyz > famlay

;_;

seriously tho i would rather listen to zoe, jody breeze, gee or duke over the fam lay dudes, who i enjoy as, like, lifestyle rap. The same way i like the video ... classy but ultimately 1 dimensional. as lyricists the boyz > famlay

Famlay = one dude. Straighten up and pay attention.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Famlay "Rock N Roll" is one of my mom's favorite videos. Take that as you will...

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

;_;

:-O he's so 'dope' i thought he was two
    star trak ... the new def jam??

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts

;_;

:-O he's so 'dope' i thought he was two

star trak ... the new def jam??

once again, deej, what the fuck are you talking about?

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    i think the famlay track is good but i'm not feeling the automatic dap neptunes associates seem to get around here

Please to cite "automatic dap" you are referring to.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    Results 1 - 10 of about 838 from www.soulstrut.com for clipse

but lets not get into this again

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

...the only thing I am worried about is the sight of Marklatency in a GETT'N MONEY LIKE '88 shirt.

Nah that shirt is trash. My new Artful Dodger - Fighting Irons T is straight fire though.

Results 1 - 10 of about 838 from
    www.soulstrut.com for clipse

but lets not get into this again

Nobody has talked about the Clipse around here for quite some time. Hell Hath is old already and that's the last thing that had people talking that I noticed.

You're right though, let's not get into that. The Neptunes are not "what's up" currently and old shit does not need to be rehashed in this thread.

What happened to Polow The Don though while we're talking about beat makers? What's the last big rap track he produced? I expected big thangs from the kid. Knowledge me.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    the rich boy album was his exec producer job and it kind of sucks imo

4 decent/good songs on it, otherwise very skipable. My favorite track aside from Boy Looka Here was the Lil' Jon track anyway. I was just hoping Polow would take his synth/sample hybrid beats somewhere and work with rappers who could actually handle beats like that.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    4 decent/good songs on it, otherwise very skipable. My favorite track aside from Boy Looka Here was the Lil' Jon track anyway. I was just hoping Polow would take his synth/sample hybrid beats somewhere and work with rappers who could actually handle beats like that.

^^^Exactly. Othewrise he should just stick to making pop songs with a hip hop slant