Nirvana vs. Pavement

13»

Comments

• Hey, Jeff, what are some good rock bands/albums that have come out since Wowee Zowee?

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Hey, Jeff, what are some good rock bands/albums that have come out since Wowee Zowee?

uhh, I think you might be asking the wrong person. you may as well ask haux hillz the same thing

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts

will anybody else ride for this lp?

YES!
    My Pavement rankings are as such:

1. Crooked Rain Crooked Rain
    2.Slanted and Enchanted
    3.Brighten the Corners
    4.Wowee Zowee

• surprised no one mentioned scentless apprentice on in utero. middle school

wowee zowee wins for the most sprawling.

this one is permanent for me.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Hey, Jeff, what are some good rock bands/albums that have come out since Wowee Zowee?

uhh, I think you might be asking the wrong person. you may as well ask haux hillz the same thing

OK, I've been round and round with this debate several times and it always ends with dudes like Ed & Rape Donkeys letting it be known that if you devote 40 hours a week to finding out what the great new private press Finnish loner folk action is you will never be without fresh new sounds. This is probably true, but I am not going to do it. If I have a point here it's that in the early and mid 90's there was major label rock that was actually good. For a fleeting moment this shit was on the radio and on MTV. You did not have to travel to foreign lands and smuggle it back home in your boots. It was out there to be heard and took the place of fucking Telsa and Journey and shit. This is not happening anymore and it's sad.

• Hey, Jeff, what are some good rock bands/albums that have come out since Wowee Zowee?

OK, I've been round and round with this debate several times and it always ends with dudes like Ed & Rape Donkeys letting it be known that if you devote 40 hours a week to finding out what the great new private press Finnish loner folk action is you will never be without fresh new sounds. This is probably true, but I am not going to do it. If I have a point here it's that in the early and mid 90's there was major label rock that was actually good. For a fleeting moment this shit was on the radio and on MTV. You did not have to travel to foreign lands and smuggle it back home in your boots. It was out there to be heard and took the place of fucking Telsa and Journey and shit. This is not happening anymore and it's sad.

Yay.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    surprised no one mentioned scentless apprentice on in utero. middle school

wowee zowee wins for the most sprawling.

this one is permanent for me.

^^^ Yes, I still spin this one once in a blue moon.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    no way. nirvana hands down?

who says pavement didnt spawn any shitty groups. pavement spawned a whole shitty genre of music.