Question about three crosses - Klan related?????

Comments

• People kinda want to beleive the crosses are kkk? that seems weird. West virginia might just be the whitest place ever, but really the kkk?

Living in west virginia I can say there's plenty to scare you out of the mountains

Biscuit world?
    Snake handlers?
    hot spots?

In related news, my favorite waterfall to swim in just had a man commit suicide at it the other day, wondering how long before I'll go back? thats west virginia.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Saying the KKK is a "Christian thing" is like saying Al Queda is an "Islamic thing" -- very ignorant.

No, saying that Islam is an "Al Qaeda thing" would be ignorant; saying the inverse is an accurate statement.

Al Qaeda represents one vision of Islam just as the Klan represents one vision of Christianity. It may not be an interpretation that you care for, but that doesn't erase it from existence.

The difference being that most "mainstream" Christian leaders have come out against the Klan and their type of ignorance.

Please not this again.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Saying the KKK is a "Christian thing" is like saying Al Queda is an "Islamic thing" -- very ignorant.

No, saying that Islam is an "Al Qaeda thing" would be ignorant; saying the inverse is an accurate statement.

Al Qaeda represents one vision of Islam just as the Klan represents one vision of Christianity. It may not be an interpretation that you care for, but that doesn't erase it from existence.

The difference being that most "mainstream" Christian leaders have come out against the Klan and their type of ignorance.

Please don't - it's been good so far.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

Please not this again.

OK....I guess you 'don't care for" that part of the equation.

I'll make it go away.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Please not this again.

I'll make it go away.

I don't care for people attempting to resuscitate an argument that they've already conclusively lost without offering anything new.

Please not this again.

I'll make it go away.

I don't care for people attempting to resuscitate an argument that they've already conclusively lost without offering anything new.

Amazing what you perceive as "lost".

You mean the time that to prove that mainstream Islam was NOT a barbaric and hateful religion one of you posted 6 links to "Liberal" Islamic figures that were protesting against things like Hamas, Female circumcision, discrimination of women, Murder, etc.

And that every one of those Islamic figures were aiming their protests at MAINSTREAM ISLAM!!

Amazing.

I didn't bring Muslims, Al Quaeda or the comparison of Christianity to Islam up in this thread.

Sorry you had to see that.

Back to the KKK and Sting Rays.

• Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts
    I bring my own pillow.

You have to check the mattress - the really tight spots like where the piping is sewn into the mattress, also along the headboards, the sheets, and the blankets.

No matter how clean the place, I can't really bear to put my bare feet on hotel carpetting/floors.

You guys are fucking me up. This is why I told my wife that I'd rather rent a villa than a hotel room, something tells me there isn't much of a difference.

• :5pager:

Fantastic prediction, over 4 pages deep. How do[/b] you do it?

special type of intuition...

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    I bring my own pillow.

I don't go that far, but I do typically bring along a pillowcase. If things are bad, you can always sleep in your clothes or generally avoid contact with the bedding, but you're still gonna be resting your head on a pillowcase, and bringing your own is an easy way to ensure that it's a clean one.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    :5pager:

Fantastic prediction, over 4 pages deep. How do[/b] you do it?

I think it's odd how on some browsers the page counts are different
    than others. For instance, this thread is only a :2pager: on my computer,
    not over 4 pages ... I always wondered why people would be like "I can't
    believe this is already 10 pages" in a thread that was actually 4 pages ... until
    I was checking Soul Strut on a friend's computer and saw that the page lengths
    were shorter and therefore page counts higher, when using their browser.

Sorry, please get back to the difference between radical Islamic sting rays
    and mainstream Christian jellyfish ...

• ZekeZeke 221 Posts

I think it's odd how on some browsers the page counts are different
    than others. For instance, this thread is only a :2pager: on my computer,
    not over 4 pages ... I always wondered why people would be like "I can't
    believe this is already 10 pages" in a thread that was actually 4 pages ... until
    I was checking Soul Strut on a friend's computer and saw that the page lengths
    were shorter and therefore page counts higher, when using their browser.
    The display settings on this page allow you to choose how many posts you see per page.

Sorry, please get back to the difference between radical Islamic sting rays
    and mainstream Christian jellyfish ...

Portuguese Man o' War = Invertebrate Jihadist

Another thing we were wondering about is Asheville, NC. What is that place about??? At times it felt like we were stuck in a Daniel Clowes comic book.
    Did a patchouli bomb hit the main town and this is the aftermath?

As well, there were no payphones anywhere. Man walked around for 1/2 hr trying to call the skateshop to check on things and could not find a phone anywhere. We ended up using the phone at a gas station outside of town where I got three mosquito bites in less than five minutes and the man behind the counter laughed at me when I asked about phone cards. What the hell is so funny about phone cards?

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Another thing we were wondering about is Asheville, NC. What is that place about??? At times it felt like we were stuck in a Daniel Clowes comic book.

As well, there were no payphones anywhere. Man walked around for 1/2 hr trying to call the skateshop to check on things and could not find a phone anywhere. We ended up using the phone at a gas station outside of town where I got three mosquito bites in less than five minutes and the man behind the counter laughed at me when I asked about phone cards. What the hell is so funny about phone cards?

Sounds like U-Turn the movie.

• Or that movie "Wrong Turn" which is fucking awesome.

Or that movie "Wrong Turn" which is fucking awesome.

Is it? I never heard anyone give it super-props like that.

• Yeah, some people HATE that movie, but I was wide eyed, edge of the seat type scared during that movie. It was intense. And I've decided that the reason that shit scares me so much is that unlike vampires or ghosts, psycho inbred cannibalistic hillbillies are REAL.

Yeah, some people HATE that movie, but I was wide eyed, edge of the seat type scared during that movie. It was intense. And I've decided that the reason that shit scares me so much is that unlike vampires or ghosts, psycho inbred cannibalistic hillbillies are REAL.

u sound christian

That's really a tired theme though. Texas Chainsaw Massacre & Deliverance - do it up.

• Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts
    Another thing we were wondering about is Asheville, NC. What is that place about???

Just because you can't escape it, when I was 9 my parents sent me to my first sleepaway summer camp in Ashville. It was a Christian summer camp you see. The place was aweful, like you had to say a prayer everytime you kicked a soccer ball and shit, Christian music sing alongs, 3 hour church service on Sundays, the whole nine. Then for some weird reason they would have these Indian themed ceremonies, where we were all divided into "tribes" and danced around bon fires, while chanting or something, Twilight Zone indeed. I hated that shit.

Another thing we were wondering about is Asheville, NC. What is that place about???

Just because you can't escape it, when I was 9 my parents sent me to my first sleepaway summer camp in Ashville. It was a Christian summer camp you see. The place was aweful, like you had to say a prayer everytime you kicked a soccer ball and shit, Christian music sing alongs, 3 hour church service on Sundays, the whole nine. Then for some weird reason they would have these Indian themed ceremonies, where we were all divided into "tribes" and danced around bon fires, while chanting or something, Twilight Zone indeed. I hated that shit.

Yea, it totally has that hippy-religious-new-age-middle-to-upper-class vibe, but no one was that friendly and there was a store bragging about their virgin Canadian wood furniture. Keep your grubby new age hands off our forests!

• Yeah, some people HATE that movie, but I was wide eyed, edge of the seat type scared during that movie. It was intense. And I've decided that the reason that shit scares me so much is that unlike vampires or ghosts, psycho inbred cannibalistic hillbillies are REAL.

u sound christian

That's really a tired theme though. Texas Chainsaw Massacre & Deliverance - do it up.

Well thats why people bag on it so hard, but I don't care, that movie scared the crap out of me anyways. Its basically my favorite genre. In fact, I have my own movie idea that I've been kicking around for quite a while. Its about the vietnam war, and how we were getting our asses kicked by charlie because they could move through the bush so well, so in a desperate attempt the Special Forces recuit a clan of psycho inbred hillbillie cannibals to go to vietnam and face off againt the cong. of course, after that, things go haywire. And I even have a name for my movie. Its called H.I.C.K.S. (Hillbilly Inbred Commbando Killer Squad). It may not sound like much, but in my head it is AWESOME.

Well thats why people bag on it so hard, but I don't care, that movie scared the crap out of me anyways. Its basically my favorite genre. In fact, I have my own movie idea that I've been kicking around for quite a while. Its about the vietnam war, and how we were getting our asses kicked by charlie because they could move through the bush so well, so in a desperate attempt the Special Forces recuit a clan of psycho inbred hillbillie cannibals to go to vietnam and face off againt the cong. of course, after that, things go haywire. And I even have a name for my movie. Its called H.I.C.K.S. (Hillbilly Inbred Commbando Killer Squad). It may not sound like much, but in my head it is AWESOME.

You gotta tell me some character names.

What's the squad leader called.

that some next level G.I.JOE shit

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

As well, there were no payphones anywhere.

This is far from unusual, at least around me.

I would say there are maybe 1-2% of the public payphones
    available in my area than there were 10, 15 years ago.

What's really strange about that town is that it has all the trappings of a college town, yet no real college!!

Asheville is the Seattle of the east when it comes to young kids/teen runaways.

And remember, this is the area where Abortion/Olympic bomber Eric Rudolph was able to hide for years.....lots of inbred, man on the mountain, moonshine mayhem up in those thar hills.

• onetetonetet 1,754 Posts
    I had a great time the one week I've spent in Asheville. The hippie and yuppie factors were both of the charts, but luckily many of the services aimed at them (vegetarian and organic food, microbrews, galleries, bookstores, etc.) I also enjoy. I was impressed that a town that size seemingly had an independent store of every variety still open, functional, and well-stocked.

What's really strange about that town is that it has all the trappings of a college town, yet no real college!!

Well, there's UNC-Asheville (which I applied to for some reason).

Oh, and I went to a Christian camp as well, but it wasn't nearly as nutty as the one described above. I found it pretty easy to just tune out the Bible-thumping when necessary and just enjoy the activities.

• I can't give away too many details or nobody would go see my movie.

But here's another idea I got:

VATOS IN SPACE

Its about these aliens that come to earth and recruit LA Gangbangers to help them fight an intergallactic war.

Most of my movie ideas are pretty exploitive.

Another one I had was actually inspired by soulstrut. Its about how for whatever reason an all-out race war breaks out in the U.S. At first its just white vs. blacks, but then the other races and shit start joining sides, and white people get the koreans, blacks get vietnamese, whites get this group, this other group joins up with the black group, etc etc etc but each time it comes to mexicans, neither side wants the mexicans because they are like "eh, fuck mexicans". So this goes on until everybody in america is destroyed. There aren't any whites, [edit] , jews, blacks, or whatever left... the only people left are mexicans. so one by one they come out of their houses and start raising the mexican flag and shit. And here's the twist---- The WHOLE THING was a plot by the mexican president to take over America! And the camera moves to his secret headquarters where he has tons of tv screens that monitored the whole thing, and he spins around in his chair and leans his head back and goes "HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!" and the credits roll.

I can't seem to come up with a title for that one.

You gotta tell me some character names.

What's the squad leader called.

that some next level G.I.JOE shit

indeed. This movie simply MUST get made.

• Oh, and by the way, the sequal would be called VIETNOMBIE.

What would make a better unstoppable fighting force than the un-dead?