rep your favorite beer

Comments

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    My homebrew hazelnut brown ale

WTF!? is that a joke, or are you the brewmaster for hair of the dog?

Saison Dupont all the way, followed closely by Allagash, Dogfish, and Hitachino beers. If any of you folls ever see the Hitachino Oak aged Japanese pale ale, or the aged classic ale I highly suggest scooping them on the strenf.

• CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts

THIS is a damn good beer.

Stella the Buweiser of Europe? Nah...

- J

• It can really smack you down....[/b]

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts

although in the three weeks it's summer in Sweden I'm more about

• I got mad love for bars that carry the 22oz New Castles, three of those will get me nice.

• edulusedulus 421 Posts

i love that beer.

and

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    My boss' boss bought me a case of this the other day, a simple favorite of mine, I can drink these like water on a hot day:

Negra Modelo is a great cheap beer as well. I also prefer the Especial to Corona and Sol.

• I am a huge fan of summer beers and I think I found a new favorite. I could (and did last night) drink them all night:

Leinie's Sunset Wheat.

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    Someone called Stella Artois the "European Budweiser"...

While Stella indeed is bland, massproduced garbage, Budweiser in fact is a European beer, it's a really good beer out of the Czech city of Budwar.

American brewery Anheuser Bush bought the name and logo a long time back to make people believe there's actually beer inside their bottles and not just carbonated urine.

A few years back, Anheuser Bush was bold enough to sue the Chech Budweiser brewery to discontinue exporting their product under the name "Budweiser" to other european countries. Anheuser Bush thought that they'd have a good chance on the young european market, selling their product to european youngsters eager to be like their Bu gurgeling american idols of popular culture.

Anheuser Bush lost and now is not allowed anymore to sell their product in Europe under brandname "Budweiser". They tried for a minute with "Anheuser Bush" but that just sounds as unattractive as their liquid gold(-en shower) tastest like.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    Someone called Stella Artois the "European Budweiser"...

While Stella indeed is bland, massproduced garbage, Budweiser in fact is a European beer, it's a really good beer out of the Czech city of Budwar.

American brewery Anheuser Bush bought the name and logo a long time back to make people believe there's actually beer inside their bottles and not just carbonated urine.

A few years back, Anheuser Bush was bold enough to sue the Chech Budweiser brewery to discontinue exporting their product under the name "Budweiser" to other european countries. Anheuser Bush thought that they'd have a good chance on the young european market, selling their product to european youngsters eager to be like their Bu gurgeling american idols of popular culture.

Anheuser Bush lost and now is not allowed anymore to sell their product in Europe under brandname "Budweiser". They tried for a minute with "Anheuser Bush" but that just sounds as unattractive as their liquid gold(-en shower) tastest like.
    You can get the OG budvar in the US under the name chechvar. It is really good stuff. Great summertime beer.

• inVrsinVrs 687 Posts
    the one and only tannenz??pfle:

• DrJoelDrJoel 932 Posts
    No time for pics for me...

I had Pliny The Younger for the first time in about 2 years on thurs night. Amazing, easily, easily one of the best beers ever brewed in America.

Weyerbacher Double Simcoe is a really great single hop double IPA.
    Schneider Weiss and Ayinger Brau Weisse have been my two go to beers this summer.

Brooklyn's Local One blew me away this summer...basically everything i've had from the brewmasters reserve (so far...Antwerpen, Singel, Local One for me).

But finally, the best beer i've had this summer (okay..one pic):

Belgian IPAs have really impressed me this spring/summer.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    My homebrew hazelnut brown ale

WTF!? is that a joke, or are you the brewmaster for hair of the dog?

Saison Dupont all the way, followed closely by Allagash, Dogfish, and Hitachino beers. If any of you folls ever see the Hitachino Oak aged Japanese pale ale, or the aged classic ale I highly suggest scooping them on the strenf.

That wasn't a joke, I brewed that Hair of the Dog Hazelnut Brown Ale, and designed the quickie label (that is my dog Yogi). Homebrewing is easy. Anyone that is interested should give it a try. I get all of my supplies from http://www.austinhomebrew.com . I have a Saison bottled right now too. The Saison was brewed with lemon zest and paradise seeds. I can't wait until that batch is done carbonating.

• i ride for franziskaner...

• rocco2nrrocco2nr 530 Posts
    this thread inspired me to get down to bevmo to purchase a 25oz bottle of duvel which i have chillin in the fridge at the moment.

i also picked up a bottle of the macallan cask strength single malt. TASTY

• well not really, but it's $1

i miss Bells Oberon

• covecove 1,566 Posts

• ^ St. Bernardus = next level...my all time favorite, let me know if anyone has a hookup on some t-shirts as I have long been searching for one.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts

• CBearCBear 902 Posts

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts
    Stella indeed is bland, massproduced garbage

That's why you need the original flavour, as far as bottled beer is concerned the US imports + Stella brewed in the UK (which gets distributed to the rest of Europe) don't have the real taste. Look out for RED crates & BROWN bottles in the first place + make sure it's really brewed & bottled in Belgium.

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts

Anyone ever wonder what health and safety standards exist in different contries regarding beer? I had never given it much though until now. I used to smoke Beedees til I found out about the rat shit thing. I just wonder what kind of garbage might be floating in the vats of some of my favorite beers.
    I also find it wierd that food, make-up, shampoo, and other drinks besides booze need to list ingredients. But wine, beer, and spirits never have ingredients. Is that to protect secret recipies or because people would bug if they knew what kind of wierd shit was in there?
    I heard raw steaks are thrown into Guiness vats. Not that there's anything wrong with fish guts and stergeon eggs and such. I just like to know whats what.
    Just for the record I'm not worried about it, I just think about wierd shit and wonder if others have thought about it as well.

As far as favorites go, there's too many to list. But I went to upstate NY with my lady recently and the Sarnac brewery was

I'm gonna go have a beer now

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts

yeah boy, west MI beer, thats whats up.

• the michi beers.

also:

fantome, la fin du monde, tripel karmeliet, maredsous, pinkus', piece, rogue, guiness, peroni, fat tire, and bass if i have a choice.

i am not a beer snob, but i enjoy drinking certain beers more. ultimately, i am going to drink whatever is around to catch a buzz though.

• does any of u oldschool socal dudes remember ralph's beer? actually, ralph's whole line of generic alcohols was so cheap and nasty, but their design game was on point. the branding looked like this.

• VeeEightVeeEight 325 Posts

Just had surgery the other day, been feeling one for a minute but I should probably wait.

London Portor, Boddingtons, Stella, Bass, Heineken, Carib... that's my usual grocery list.

I used to drink these cause my pops always had them around:

I'm always stocked up on Coors Light in the summer. I'd always hate on it but it's a great subsistute for water, I kid you not.

• I love Newcastle beer so much. Its actually a dream of mine to visit Newcastle someday in England. So awesome.

OT, but I finally got to try a Mint Julep on saturday at the Red Fox and it was good enough for me to order another one while that old dude played My Blue Heaven for me on that piano.

• got to try a Mint Julep on saturday at the Red Fox and it was good enough for me to order another one while that old dude played My Blue Heaven for me on that piano.

ohshit! the red fox. totally forgot about this place. i was going to school down there during the time swing dancing and all that shit was HUGE. this place used to be thee spot for them types of scenesters