Fantasy Footy (Premiership) - Strut League

Comments

• Justin Fashanu XI here. Petrov getting sent off is gonna cost me big time. if i transfer him out for say...david bentley ,i don't think i will able to afford to bring him back when his ban is up.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    It's now looking like the only way to make up some ground is by taking a gamble and not picking Ronaldo as captian, and hoping a different player gets a hat-trick... and that relies on Ronaldo not scoring goals. LOL.

I gambled last week, and put Rooney as cap. I was kicking myself @ the hour mark when Ronaldo came off. But Rooney came through like a trooper, much to my relief.

It seemed like nearly everyone had Ronaldo as their captain at one point, which kinda cancels his points out. Unless you're one of those who refuse to play ManU players. But what can you do dude is on fire this season.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    eduardo's ankle...OOOOOOOOOOOF!

that was probably the most gruesome injury I've ever seen on the pitch.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    eduardo's ankle...OOOOOOOOOOOF!

that was probably the most gruesome injury I've ever seen on the pitch.

The BBC kinda undermined their credibility at not replaying it at the time by showing it in slow mo close up afterwards.

I still think David Busst's injury for Coventry against Man U is the most horrific of the lot, I'm not going to post it here but just type his name into google images and you'll get the picture.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I'm Soul on Grass (duh) - I spent the first half of the
    season in the top half of the table, but started forgetting
    all about the league after holiday, and dropped badly.

I checked it for the first time in over a month last week,
    and realized I must be screwed if a hat trick by my captain
    Torres still wasn't enough to move me up even one spot ...

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,892 Posts
    I go by the name of The Wizard's Sleeves.

Apparently someone has a league by the same name...

I said in week 1 that Ronal*o (C) and F*rdinand were the most solid of foundations. But it can't be right for a Blue to be happy for the other lot to do well for the sake of some game... Hopefully Thaksin will be vindicated and his true status restored to kick off some big signings in the summer. Ronaldinho please.

Fabregas needs to step up to the form he had earlier. Or maybe the side are less reliant on him? I have riskily put Torres in after him banging in 3 last week, hoping that Rafa will play him every week. Could backfire, but I need the points.

I take my hat off to Duane as I am sure he went to the transfer window without making
    *any* transfers since week 1 and was still "In a European spot" - Duane, do you know you can do this every week for free (additonal transfers cost 4 points each)?

I go by the name of The Wizard's Sleeves.

My "No Scum" rule has cost me any chance now.

Ronaldo-Captain muhfuggs have got it in the bag.

Pffftzors...

• el_sparkoel_sparko 884 Posts
    I'm killing it.

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    couldn't believe I was losing to an American at fantasy football...no offence SoulonIce but I just overtook you.

also seem to be the sole Man United fan on here, i'd just like to take a moment to revel in the glory of Sunday! poor scousers never stood a chance.....

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    couldn't believe I was losing to an American at fantasy football...[/b]no offence SoulonIce but I just overtook you.

Yeah, especially one who stopped changing his lineup at all 3 months ago!

the race for 15th position just got personal...

also seem to be the sole Man United fan on here, i'd just like to take a moment to revel in the glory of Sunday! poor scousers never stood a chance.....

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Man, I have not been paying attention whatsoever. I did do my 2nd trade a few days ago. But I'm already out of it.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Who's C-Villains & TShrt, Jeans & Nikes?

I searched the thread to no avail.

I did find this prediction from the begining of the season.

Van Percy is my outside bet for top scorer this season.

Could happen, I've always rated him. I have a suspicion that Drogba will fall off this season.

Whoever made the outside bet on Van Percy lost their money. But I was right about Drogba. Although he'll probably score 3 at the weekend just to prove me wrong.

• LawrenceLawrence 125 Posts
    I cant believe ive been toppled! this just wont do!

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts

By the power of fat Frank Lampard.

• el_sparkoel_sparko 884 Posts

Deal with it, my Murklemen won't slip now...

So, Chizzle and I will be celebrating today while the rest of the footy fans on here hate us. Pretty decent performance all in all though fingers crossed the loss of Vidic won't be for long - we looked ropey as soon as O'Shea started warming up and defensive injuries were one of our main reasons for falling apart against milan last season.

Having watched the highlights of the Shalke v Barca match I'm not exactly quivering with fear, good to see Henry still hasn't learnt where to put the ball in a one on one as well.

Anyway, it's all about tonight now - really torn about who I want to see go through though. My heart will always support Liverpool over Arsenal but the prospect of another Liverpool v Chelsea european two legger fills me with dread.

After Wenger decided not to start my captain this week (cheers), I'll be riding for the pikey pitstoppers.

it would be a real worry to lose Vidic. that injury would have had most players lieing on the floor like a sack of shit, it seemed like Ronaldo was actively discouraging him from wanting to carry on.

O'Shea is no replacement but I'm still fond of the guy. Another squad player killin it is Ji-Sung Park..not sure about Giggs this season, there was a moment against Villa when he 'got that old feeling back' after beating Reo-Coker on the edge of the box, his first instinct was to put the ball in the crowd.

Scholesy seems to have found some form again which is lucky seeing as Fergie seems so keen on playing him for the final. To me, if we're gonna field 4-4-2 its gotta be Anderson/Carrick in the centre or 4-5-1 with Scholes.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts

I enjoyed the Manure Roma game, and it was good to see Ronaldo live up to the hype...

...partly because I believe that the Ballon D'Or is always given to the highest profile player in La Liga or Serie A, despite the Prem having had in the past some very strong candidates - particularly 2006 when T. Henry took Arsenal to the final (his solo goal vs Real was a highpoint of that campaign), and even though he spent 80 minutes on the pitch with only ten team mates, he was easily the most dangerous attacking player on the pitch with zero support and he made Eto look inexperienced and Ronaldinho toothless (no mean feet!) in comparision.

Last year I thought Kaka did little to deserve European player of the year. He did f*ck all domestically (Milan Serie A title challenge? Don't make me laugh), and thanks to some comedy defending was gifted a couple of goals to put Manure out of the competition - on the strength of that night alone he seems to have been voted best in Europe. He looked average against Liverpool in the final, but Milan got the result. It just seemed to be another partisan pro-Euro vote, although I suppose Ronaldo didn't do enough against his direct competition to swing it. I don't think there's a chance in hell that anyone can argue that Ronaldo isn't the best attacking player in the world right now though, although I half expext Henry to get it now that he's playing in Spain!

My only gripe about the performance was the number of stray passes and poor touches from Rooney. When Ronaldo squared for him on the edge of the box to make it 3-0, an on-form Rooney would've hit it first time without even looking up (think of his goal last season in the first leg against Milan), but last night his first touch took the ball away from him, he then had another poor effort at control and ended up playing it out wide to Hargreaves.

• Manure
    Please stop, you're killing me

the quotes on BBC sport always have some good uns:

"Dirk Kuyt is earning himself the reputation as Anfield's Prince Harry - in the frontline for three months and no-one knows anything about it."

"Dirk Kuyt is earning himself the reputation as Anfield's Prince Harry - in the frontline for three months and no-one knows anything about it."

Stop, hold it now, hit it - Why The F*ck didn't the ref give that penalty?

That'll teach me to laugh at Kuyt. Bastard

Apparently the ref lives 5 miles from where Kuyt grew up... I don't really think that was the reason though, it seemed more a case of not having the bottle to make a big decision, even though there was surely no decision to be made. Stone cold penalty. Obvious penalty.

I missed both of the goals and only caught the last half-hour, but it looked like a good match - why is it that once Walcott was moved out to the right, he recieved almost no passes, whereas he'd been really effective on the left and looked like beating Carragher every time he got the ball?

Eboue looked more dangerous last season as an over-lapping rightback than as a winger, and I'd like to see Walcott play inside just behind Adebayor, with Hleb and Rosicky (when fit) on either flank. Just as long as Bendter isn't playing. he had a stinker. His first touch was poor, his passing was wasteful, and then there was his defensive play - for Liverpool.

I'll hold my hands up and admit that I didn't see either match live, only brief highlights. Hats off to Liverpool for the result - it's funny but all the Liverpool fans in the office were pessimistic while I suspected a result similar to this. Arsenal were hard done by for the penalty decision but, really, you've got to take your chances when you get them. Think this tie is far from over and Arsenal being forced to attack should add an edge to the tie. Am actually excited about the second leg being a decent match.

Oh yeah, great result for Fenerbache though I think Chelsea will still get through without too much panic.

Kuyt proved to be Materazzi figure in that game...Arsenal have suddenly become really sloppy at the back, conceding just after you score is NAGL.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    the quotes on BBC sport always have some good uns:

Hahahaha! I missed this one. It's funny because it's true. Still, away goals and that.

the game last night was epic, just a shame it goes down to a dodgy refereeing decision! Walcotts run turned me into an Arsenal fan for a minute i gotta admit.