Fantasy Footy (Premiership) - Strut League

Comments

• Jenas was great in the Derby game, even though i hate him and his peanut head...
    Got off to a good start this year, think i'm in 2nd place, all i'm certain of is that it won't last haha.

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    Lehman's looking dodgy

arsene is probably going to need to bench this dude unless he cleans up quick. dude is just not focusing, and watching someone else on the pitch may be the catalyst to get that dude back in form. i am not trying to write him off yet, but anymore silly mistakes and the team is going to start asking questions.

4 points lost solely to amateur mistakes.....

• Almunia was pretty handy in pre-season too...

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    Jenas obviously has his moments, and he probably performs better against teams that let him play - looks like Sunderland gave him the 'Arsenal treatment'; everytime a Spurs player got the ball, Sunderland harried and pressured them - some Spurs players dealt with this better than others, and Jenas didn't respond well to the physical challenges.

The Tottenham board will be reasoning that a good manager would have spotted this by half-time and replaced him with Huddlestone as a like-for-like player who may lack the mobility of Jenas (Zakora would have done the running around on Thud's behalf), but is more composed on the ball. I'd like to see Thud play as the attacking mid ahead of a holding player (Zakora at Spurs, maybe Hargreaves for England) - like Ballack, although he looks very physical, tackling isn't his strong point, but he can hold the ball up with finess and strength, link play well and has a ferocious shot on him. With Gerrard injured, Thud should have a go against Germany on Wednesday ahead of Lamps, as we already know what he can offer.

Lehman obviously needs to be dropped just to wake him up - Arsenal should be undefeated. On the upside, Arsenal are looking good, Man U look shaky without their two best players last year (Ronaldo & Rooney), and Liverpool came very close to beating Chelsea.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    How do I make it so I can do 3 forwards?

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    How do I make it so I can do 3 forwards?

just take out a midfielder or defensive player and exchange with a forward. it will automatically realign the formation.

any of you dudes know if AJ is out for a while, or just for tomorrow's friendly?

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    Paul Robinson for the chop!

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Paul Robinson for the chop!

We need a safe pair of hands in goal! Bring back David James!

Oh, wait, hang on a minute.....

I'm not sure whether i'm supposed to be happy that we've got competition for the England No.1 shirt or I should be upset that Robinson has fallen off. Either way, I have a good feeling about Calamity James and as long as he stays off the Tomb Raider it should be ok. Let's face it England are screwed anyway.

Let's face it, so long as Second-Choice Steve is manager and continues to treat some players as un-droppable, England are screwed anyway.

• 1) the fantasy footy league is something i don't understand. i suck at it and i have no idea how to improve.

2) england's national team is worrying me. they should have won easily. what's happening? the german team was horrible, but they still won. how did that happen?

3) jens lehmann was always a crazy goalie. borussia dortmund kicked hime out, because he was just too weird. his blackouts in the bundesliga are legendary. robinson kinda moments. all the time. plus, his personality sucks. he's just as werid as kahn. i would never let such idiots play for my team. fair play is number one.

I looked at your squad. Mmpenza isn't that good, Diarra never really gets a start for Chelsea, and Maurice Volz sucks - these are players I would consider trading. Look for players that you think are first-team regulars, even if they're not that good.
    Also, it's early days - your squad will start racking up points.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,894 Posts
    The game isn't that hard to play. It IS hard to do well though. To WIN you need a mix of luck, clairvoyance and time to scan the news for the latest on your players. If you see an orange or red "i" against a player in your squad, it means they are doubtful to play or injured.

If you check the game results section, clicking each match will show you who started and played the full 90 mins. These are the folls you want in your team. You don't want to waste slots on players who will not get a kick all week, unless you are dwelling on them for next week.

And again, it's ***early days***. You gots to chill. I mean, it will still come down to the big 4 at the end of the season, although it's nice to see some sides pissing in the pool and not soft-batching against the biggies (so far). I mean at this rate, the press will be pushing for Sven as the next Engla...

• i think it's a tugh game, because you never know who will play. i picked voss for example, because i think he can improve a lot durng this season. but he seems to be totally worthless for my team right now. also mpenza. i think he's a good player, but i guess the team manager doesn't like him that much so he never gets a chance to score. i need to change my team quickly :-)

• DJPrestigeDJPrestige 1,710 Posts
    hi.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    I fucked up this week. I wasn't paying attention to see Gerrard wasn't playing. And Kuyt is fucking me over...

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Yay, i made it off the bottom of the league. (sorry Club Compliance)

• I'm pulling for a couple of man u players to do well tomorrow. Sometimes fantasy sports can rape your soul.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    For the first time, I had a loss in the table instead of gain.
    That little red arrow bummed me out.
    But, I've got a bunch of Tottenham & Man U guys dressed, so let's
    go 7-5 Spurs, hat trick for me boyo Keano!

FUCK OLD TRAFFORD

... where the home team can play with their hands!

• DJPrestigeDJPrestige 1,710 Posts
    FUCK OLD TRAFFORD

... where the home team can play with their hands!

cosignage. stand up if you hate man u.

you might as well be on jose's payroll as well if you're playing cfc....

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,894 Posts
    6-0 and my boy Sissoko did 14 minutes? wtf!

BTW this is a strong league sons! [Clasps] all round!

I had a good week - moved all the way up from #17 on the table to #5!

Mi boyo Keano racked up 22 points!

Unfortunately, it came in a game where Spurs blew a
    2-goal lead in the last 10 minutes and had to settle
    for a draw ... every Spurs game has been painful to
    watch. After watching Jol pull Keano, who had been the
    best player on the pitch for either team, out of the
    game with 20 minutes left, and switch to a "defensive"
    posture that meant "stand around and do nothing" I'm
    starting to think maybe it is time for change, after all ...

Shear's Murklemen, I'm gaining on you. Once Berbatov finds his form, Bentley starts scoring and Ashton transforms into the white, (possibly?)gay, Drogba that we know he wants to be, then the Bendless Flight will be un-assailable. Bwahahaha.

England getting knocked out of the European qualifiers by Israel would be a start, as my English players can then concentrate on their domestic form (money).

there's a great chant i heard recently from a Villa fan:
    (to the tune of Smack That by Akon)
    Smack that Agbonlahor! Smack that Agbonlahor!

• Shear's Murklemen, I'm gaining on you. Once Berbatov finds his form, Bentley starts scoring and Ashton transforms into the white, (possibly?)gay, Drogba that we know he wants to be, then the Bendless Flight will be un-assailable. Bwahahaha.

England getting knocked out of the European qualifiers by Israel would be a start, as my English players can then concentrate on their domestic form (money).

No chance, i'm going for an Arsenal Invincibles style continuous reign in first place for the rest of the season...

there's a great chant i heard recently from a Villa fan:
    (to the tune of Smack That by Akon)
    Smack that Agbonlahor! Smack that Agbonlahor!

Streaker runs on to the pitch at Man City, fans chant

"Blue Moon"

At Fulham, when Louie Saha scored it was

"Knowing Me, Knowing You, Saha, There Is Nothing You Can Do-ooo-OOoo, Knowing Me, Knowing You, Saha..."

At Newcastle, when Shola Ameobi scored

"Put Your Left Leg In,
    Your Left Leg Out,
    In
    Out
    In Out
    Shake It All About,
    Oh, Shola Ameobi,
    Oh, Shola Ameobi,
    and that's what he's all about"

• Back when he was arrested they used to sing this to the tune of that Craig David - Rewind tune, "Robin..Van..Persie..When the Girl says no..he rapppeeeessss her"
    Dark.