good summer liquor drink that's not too faggity?

123457»

Comments

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Just for the record...I also laugh (usually to myself) when I see a woman who acts like a man, or when I see a dog that acts like a cat.

There's no hate involved.

So Rashied, do you make sure your wife stays in the kitchen, barefoot, and pregnant or do you just hope she falls into your pathetic idea of gender roles?

But seriously, I know what you mean. When I see a pathetic herb like you act like an ignorant dickhead I laugh (mostly to myself).

All previous Soulstrut bullshit aside, saying this is a bad look doesn't even cover it. Everything else has been over differences over music and whatever else comes into play but damn they way you think is really ignorant and shows your ass.

I'm not perfect or without my share of the same shit, but DAMN. It runs really deep with you.

WAITING FOR A NICE RESPONSE ABOUT ME BEING "SOFT"

You're unyielding obsession with me is what you really need to address.

So I have a sense of humor surrounding gender issues. Yep, just me and about 98% of the world's population.

I see it as so lame that you are attempting to ride some high horse of "look how ignorant these people are in relation to my superior progressive self" when all that's going on here, at least with me, is the tendency to make jokes about things that differ from what we see as the norm.

I mean, I'm as sensitive as I can be about black issues. And I'm as harsh as anyone when I hear someone inappropriately using the "n-word". But I would never go as far to say that since black people have such a history of being oppressed that noone should ever make a joke about black people.

It's such a self-important, overbearing expectation that you and others on here are forwarding the implication that it's nothing but "ignorant" for someone to dare laught at someone for being over-the-top gay.

Sorry, but to faaaaar more people than those that you supposedly represent, it's funny. That doesn't mean that joking to the point of hurting a person is alright. But laughing to yourself or amongst a circle of like-minded folks is really just a reality of life that's better handled for what it is instead of inflating it in your knee-jerk minds as some sort of equivalent to physically abusing someone.

Shit, I was completely harassed during childhood for having curly red hair. And I fought my way through some of it, sometimes losing. But damned if I don't laugh now when someone makes a good "red-headed stepchild" joke. It would be so utterly ridiculous for me to go around chastising people for any joke they ever made about red-heads on the grounds of it being hurtful to some.

Get the fuck over it. People make jokes. It's a natural way to deal with cognitive dissonance. It's actually healthy in many ways. Can it go too far? Certainly so...but you gotta be able to make that distinction without being some fascist stickler whose moral crusade is all too obviously more of a way to feel superior in your beliefs over those of others than any sort of real solution to an oppression at hand.

And if you must know, my wife might well be the most feminist woman you will ever meet. We both see each other as more or less equal in our marriage and parenting roles, sharing responsibility across traditional stereotypes in a way that we are both quite comfortable with. You really need to leave her out of this discussion, because you have no fuckin clue what you are talking about when it comes to her.

Also, I too once lived in the Bay and worked for years on Church Street, only blocks away from the Castro. So I definitely know what it means to be tolerant, and even supportive of the gay community. And yes, over the years some of my favorite co-workers and friends as well have been blatantly gay. I just disagree with anyone who is so sensitive to gay issues that they remove all semblances of a sense of humor from the equation.

So whatever, be mad at me all you want...like anything else is new.

But here, let me put all of your sensitivity to a test. I don't like being called Rashied. Other than on magazine pages from over 10 years ago, it's not my name. I've never asked a single person in my life to call me Rashied. And as you well know, I don't really like being referred to as Rashied. So here I am asking you to stop calling me that.

Now, let's see if you honor my direct request, or rather remain a hypocrite who fronts like a universal good guy but in reality resorts to the same exact sort of disrespectful behavior that he indicts others for engaging in.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    I was completely harassed during childhood for having curly red hair.

See Rashied managed to overcome the grips of oppression. Why can't those faygos do the same?

• See Rashied managed to overcome the grips of oppression. Why can't those faygos[/b] do the same?

• You are totally my favorite stutter now. We have not had this kind of informative and thoughtful insight in almost 15 years. Not to mention all the new words I am learning. Do I have to be a dick all the time to get you out?

Hmmm. Maybe. Continue to put your foot in your mouth, argue rhetorically, lie, and accuse me of di-dac-ti-cism. I'll see what I can do.

fancy talk word of the week: mar-gi-nal

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    some of my favorite co-workers and friends as well have been blatantly gay.

did you really just say that?

• some of my favorite co-workers and friends as well have been blatantly gay.

My thoughts, exactly.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    some of my favorite co-workers and friends as well have been blatantly gay.

My thoughts, exactly.

not the first person in this thread to say that.

hi, deej

• too lazy to read through all of your profundity - so if this has been mentioned already - sorry

I heartily endorse anything that you can make by letting stuff sit in a jug under your sink as the ultimate in butch beverages. Beloved by mafiaosiosi - the refreshing limoncello[/b]:

Recipe from web:

Italian Limoncello

15 lemons*
    2 bottles (750 ml) 100-proof vodka**
    4 cups sugar
    5 cups water

* Choose thick-skinned lemons because they are easier to zest.

** Use 100-proof vodka, which has less flavor than a lower proof one. Also the high alcohol level will ensure that the limoncello will not turn to ice in the freezer.

Wash the lemons with a vegetable brush and hot water to remove any reside of pesticides or wax; pat the lemons dry.

Carefully zest the lemons with a zester or vegetable peeler so there is no white pith on the peel. NOTE: Use only the outer part of the rind. The pith, the white part underneath the rind, is too bitter and would spoil your limoncello. Check out my web page on How to Zest.

Step One:
    In a large glass jar (1-gallon jar), add one bottle of vodka; add the lemon zest as it is zested. Cover the jar and let sit at room temperature for at least (10) ten days and up to (40) days in a cool dark place. The longer it rests, the better the taste will be. (There is no need to stir - all you have to do is wait.) As the limoncello sits, the vodka slowly take on the flavor and rich yellow color of the lemon zest.

Step Two:
    In a large saucepan, combine the sugar and water; cook until thickened, approximately 5 to 7 minutes. Let the syrup cool before adding it to the Limoncello mixture. Add to the Limoncello mixture from Step One. Add the additional bottle of vodka. Allow to rest for another 10 to 40 days.

Step Three:
    After the rest period, strain and bottle: discarding the lemon zest. Keep in the freezer until ready to serve.