good summer liquor drink that's not too faggity?

Comments

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    Order a Manhattan on the rocks. Strong (less vermouth)

I havent had a manhattan since I was 16. I hated it, but then again I ws 16. There was this Chinese Restaurant that was kind of a hang out for me and my buddies in High School. One day I realized, "these folks can barely speak English, chances are they arent gonna ask for ID if we order some beers" I was right. It was cool, a place to go get beers that was low-key. A great discovery in High School. Anyway, their menu was old school and actually listed all the High-Balls and Cocktails they served. $2 each! So I went down the menu over the course of a few weeks trying all the classics. Then I hit "Manhattan". Didnt like it at all. Then again, it was funny to order a drink and then look over at the bar and see this Asian grandma lady looking up the recipe in a book and making it...pouring some liquor, going back and refrencing the book....

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    weak

i am heavily endorsed by many gay strutters. don't tet my homo, bitch.

• You just wait until you are old enough to drink.
    is it the hops that will enable me to enjoy 'ironic' homophobia
    No, its the pussy.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    i too have gay friends. i think now we have to figure out who has more

i too have gay friends. i think now we have to figure out who has more

i don't have no gay friends. i'm just endorsed by the gay community.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts

I havent had a manhattan since I was 16. I hated it, but then again I ws 16. There was this Chinese Restaurant that was kind of a hang out for me and my buddies in High School. One day I realized, "these folks can barely speak English, chances are they arent gonna ask for ID if we order some beers" I was right. It was cool, a place to go get beers that was low-key. A great discovery in High School. Anyway, their menu was old school and actually listed all the High-Balls and Cocktails they served. $2 each! So I went down the menu over the course of a few weeks trying all the classics. Then I hit "Manhattan". Didnt like it at all. Then again, it was funny to order a drink and then look over at the bar and see this Asian grandma lady looking up the recipe in a book and making it...pouring some liquor, going back and refrencing the book....
    I haven't had a Manhattan since... uh, yesterday.
    Try it again- make sure they're not sweetening that thing too much w/ the vermouth. If a bartender makes it wrong, it is undrinkable. Go somewhere where you can find strong drinks for cheap, and ask the oldest most grizzled lookin' bartender to make you one of these drinks. You'll get a good one.

faggity= a description NOT a judgement

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts

...or get a perfect Manhattan with equal parts sweet and dry vermouth.

• faggity= a description NOT a judgement

is written on my favorite designer t-shirt

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

from what?

still waiting for your list of "gay friends".

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    i dont mean to be the pc police or claim i haven't said suspect shit in the past
    i just think its kind of wack to open the board and see that word in the title of a popular thread
    i understand that there is no animus in yr INTENT but its still shitty

try playing the same defense w/ the 'n-word'

thanks for hipping me to my disconnectedness. What on earth would we do without the Soulstrut diversity tolerance police?

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

thanks for hipping me to my disconnectedness. What on earth would we do without the Soulstrut diversity tolerance police?
    probably be assholes around the clock

a popular thread

this thread has nothing to do with Marc Ronson.

comparing homophobia or the status of GLBT people in America to anything related to the North American slave trade and it's lingering effects in the USA is what's offensive. speaking of PC.

nice. thanks deej.

it was on the way, i could feel it.

i knew you'd cum thru.

• LuminLumin 807 Posts
    dear god deej get a sense of humor

also more straight friends might help too

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

comparing homophobia or the status of GLBT people in America to anything related to the North American slave trade and it's lingering effects in the USA is what's offensive. speaking of PC.
    i'm not doing any such thing, i'm comparing lame defenses of offensive terminology

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    dear god deej get a sense of humor

i'm not doing any such thing, i'm comparing lame defenses of offensive terminology

bullshit.

you are making a moral equivalence argument. and it's very weak.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

bullshit.

you are making a moral equivalence argument. and it's very weak.
    you are trying to confuse the argument that you said something offensive by suggesting that i am comparing racism to homophobia

i never said there is anything equivalent about racism vs. homophobia in u.s. history, merely that your defense those words is equally as empty in both cases

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    deej = Captain Save a Queer?

Fuck that, what they talkin about
    I'll save a queer
    Yeah baby, what's up, you wanna get your hair done
    Come on let's go down to Lee and Kim Nail's
    We can get your nails done, get your hair done
    What about your kids? How many kids you adopt? Two?
    Ah yeah, that's cool we can go feed and cloth them kids
    We can go down and get the hook up at Durant Square
    Yeah baby, I'll do anything for ya
    Want you phone cranked on? I can get it cranked on to my name
    Matter of fact I'll get you a cellular phone and a pager
    We can get that package deal down there at Cellular One
    Baby I'm here for you, I got you

• SnappingSnapping 995 Posts
    Try a moscow mule. Just squeeze half a lime with a shot of vodka then top with ginger beer (not ginger ale).

• LuminLumin 807 Posts
    can we get back to the subject at hand
    deej obviously has had a few too many bitch made drinks in his life

baby ritas:
    1/2 oz. Cointreau
    1 1/2 oz. tequila
    1 oz. lemon juice or lime juice
    Lime slice
    salt or sugar/salt mixture

Use 1-1/2 to 2 cups of ice for each drink. blend all that together. add more tequila amount depending on manhood.

• LuminLumin 807 Posts
    Try a moscow mule. Just squeeze half a lime with a shot of vodka then top with ginger beer (not ginger ale).

that looks amazing

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    this is bullshit
    fuck u guys

• I have been drinking a lot of rum and ginger ale lately... Is that too faggot?

Dress

this is bullshit
    fuck u guys

Drinking is never out of style.