I've never seen Rocky or Jaws...

Comments

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Didn't see any of the Lord Of The Rings.

Me neither - I think it would be akin to soft torture for me.

I'm not into fantasy films at all...including The Princess Bride, never got throught that one. Began to watch it and I was the right age group for it and everything and thought it was the stupidest thing ever. I think that turned me off the whole genre. I do love Jacob Two-Two Meets The Hooded Fang (1978) though.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    Lord Of The Rings

No desire to watch these again.

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    Essential/Classic movies you've never got around to watching, add on...

People look at me strange when I say I haven't seen these movies...
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

?

ive never seen any movie on this list and dont really have much interest in seeing any of them either.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    i haven't seen rocky either!

also
    e.t.
    close encounters of the third kind
    titanic
    the matrix movies
    the searchers
    hud
    butch cassidy
    seven

i only saw casablanca this past year at the local rep theatre. overrated yeah, but claude rains rules. i love him

i also saw point break for the first time this year.

and i laughed and i laughed

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    You diss The Wild Bunch you diss yourself. That ending was x20. I can't even imagine what people thought of that when it first came out. The carnage is just off the hook. Definitely worth a watch, and this is coming from someone who isn't that into Westerns.

• Options

also

titanic
    the matrix movies (I saw the first one, didn't understand what the hell was going on -Sween)
    the searchers
    hud
    butch cassidy

casablanca

i also saw point break for the first time this year. and i laughed and i laughed

Swayze has a special kind of magic huh? Dude has fuckin' CHOPS.

Just thought of another, haven't seen any of the Harry Potter movies.

also

titanic
    the matrix movies (I saw the first one, didn't understand what the hell was going on -Sween)
    the searchers
    hud
    butch cassidy

casablanca

i also saw point break for the first time this year. and i laughed and i laughed

haha, indeed. he's like the wind

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    You diss The Wild Bunch you diss yourself. That ending was x20. I can't even imagine what people thought of that when it first came out. The carnage is just off the hook. Definitely worth a watch, and this is coming from someone who isn't that into Westerns.

if you dont like The Wild Bunch you dont like movies...Peckinpuagh's finest. Awesome performances, amazingly photgraphed, great story...I mean how can you hate on a Western with NO good guys....

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Tick em' off.

From Sight and Sound magazines poll of critics, then directors.

1. Citizen Kane (Welles)
    2. Vertigo (Hitchcock)
    3. La R??gle du jeu (Renoir)
    4. The Godfather and The Godfather part II (Coppola)
    5. Tokyo Story (Ozu)
    6. 2001: A Space Odyssey (Kubrick)
    7. Battleship Potemkin (Eisenstein)
    7. Sunrise (Murnau)
    9. 8 1/2 (Fellini)
    10.Singin' In the Rain (Kelly, Donen)

1. Citizen Kane (Welles)
    2. The Godfather and The Godfather part II (Coppola)
    3. 8 1/2 (Fellini)
    4. Lawrence of Arabia (Lean)
    5. Dr. Strangelove (Kubrick)
    6. Bicycle Thieves (De Sica)
    6. Raging Bull (Scorsese)
    6. Vertigo (Hitchcock)
    9. Rashomon (Kurosawa)
    9. La R??gle du jeu (Renoir)
    9. Seven Samurai (Kurosawa)

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    I've never seen Casablanca either, kinda not interested...

It's an amazing film. Worth checking out at least once.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    "You've never seen Point Break or Bad Boys?"
    Just watched this last night, great flick.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

I only got around to seeing this a couple months ago. It's definitely worth checking out. Obviously, the most iconic scenes have been pop-culture fodder for quite some time and can therefore lose some of their impact, but it's still a good, enjoyable movie.

This kid I went to high school with used two quotes from Point Break as his senior quotes in the yearbook. His third quote came from Young Guns II. I don't think he was being ironic, either.

• Options

also

titanic
    the searchers
    hud
    butch cassidy

casablanca

haha, indeed. he's like the wind

The passion and essence of club security, dude changed the entire bouncing game after this....

RIGHT BOOT!!!! (I didn't see Titanic, but I sure as shit can quote Roadhouse).

• planlessplanless 819 Posts
    dr. strangelove or: how i learned to stop worrying and love the bomb
    +
    citizen kane

i stoped both of them after a few minutes

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    +
    citizen kane

Me too.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

great magazine. love how they do their reviews: complete credits, full summary including spoilers and all, then their criticisms/praises.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    +
    citizen kane

Me too.

Oh well, I have never heard Illmatic and have no intention of doing so....different strokes....

• dgriotdgriot 388 Posts
    (I didn't see Titanic, but I sure as shit can quote Roadhouse).

ha, open your heart and let the Patrick Swayze Christmas in!

I started watching DW Griffith's flicks this year, and while I appreciate 'em on an evolutionary/film historian kinda way, Broken Blossoms is the only one that I could ever see watching again.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Citizen Kane, gets a lot of love cause it changed the game, it practically rewrote the rules. I can see why a modern cinema go'er wouldn't dig it though. But you have to respect it.

Dr. Strangelove is a stone cold classic.(FULLFUCKINGSTOP)

I've never seen the Matrix

Because it's not meant to be seen.

Agreed! That movie was fucking lame.

Dr. Strangelove is a stone cold classic.(FULLFUCKINGSTOP)

Further agreed. I love that movie.

I only got around to seeing this a couple months ago. It's definitely worth checking out. Obviously, the most iconic scenes have been pop-culture fodder for quite some time and can therefore lose some of their impact, but it's still a good, enjoyable movie.

This kid I went to high school with used two quotes from Point Break as his senior quotes in the yearbook. His third quote came from Young Guns II. I don't think he was being ironic, either.

wow, that's hysterical. please tell me what these quotes are. PLEASE!

anytime anyone spoked in that movie i laughed.

wow, that's hysterical. please tell me what these quotes are. PLEASE!

anytime anyone spoked in that movie i laughed.

I'll have to check them when I get home, but I do remember that one of them was, "If you want to have the ultimate, you have to make the ultimate sacrifice."

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    "If you want to have the ultimate, you have to make the ultimate sacrifice."

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts

Oh well, I have never heard Illmatic and have no intention of doing so....different strokes....

So you don't like rap music, I understand that I guess.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts

So you don't like rap music, I understand that I guess.

Right. And you don't like cinema. That was easy.

• VeeEightVeeEight 325 Posts
    Citizen Kane, gets a lot of love cause it changed the game, it practically rewrote the rules. I can see why a modern cinema go'er wouldn't dig it though. But you have to respect it.

I have to

But I don't agree with the spots it gets in top xxx lists - it's deceiving to younger fans and takes away from brilliant movies that aren't considered masterpieces by the film elite.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts

Right. And you don't like cinema. That was easy.

It's more specific then that, it's like saying I like Sci-fi but fuck Star Wars.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    pretty much most things!
    movies aren't for me

-star wars (anything)

(i did see jurassic park)

• dgriotdgriot 388 Posts
    But I don't agree with the spots it gets in top xxx lists - it's deceiving to younger fans and takes away from brilliant movies that aren't considered masterpieces by the film elite.

How does it take away? These top whatever lists generally take a rank-by-influence/impact route, so why shouldn't it be on top (or near to it) every time? There's a million other 'underrated gems' lists aspiring film buffs can wade through if their interest is piqued. Between websites, books, p2p + public libraries, it's mainly just a question of interest, not lack of available information and resources.

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    First time around I watched Citizen Kane i turned it off half way through... was bored I guess.
    Fast forward a few years later and a lazy rainy sunday afternoon, it came on and I tried watching it again.

Since then I have learned to give many films a second chance.

It irks me though when people diss a film and haven't even seen it (Star Wars for example). Many films have to be taken at face value - personally the only Star Wars film I REALLY like is The Empire Strikes Back.

I still haven't seen The Seventh Seal