New Millenium Rap Classics

Comments

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    The Game - One Blood

There's quite a few Game tracks better than that one....

Where I'm from
    How We Do
    Church for Thugs
    Hate it or love it

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Twice I've tried to copy all of these songs into Word and then try to sort them into tiers...but twice I realized I don't give a shit enough to do all of that. The thread's been fun though...

Jay-z- Public Service Announcement
    Jay-z- 99 Problems
    Scarface- My Block
    Three Six Mafia- Stay Fly
    T.I.- What you know about that
    Nas- Made you Look
    M.O.P./Busta Rhymes- Ante Up

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

Hate it or love it

Kanye West : Touch The Sky

YES.

YES.

no. the only Kanye joint that counts as a millenium classic is through the wire.

YES.

no. the only Kanye joint that counts as a millenium classic is through the wire.

Through the Wire sucks ass. It was the breakthrough record for Kanye, but it sucks ass. Now, Touch the Sky, i've rocked that one so many times.

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    I can't believe some of the shit I'm seeing on here. There are people on here actually calling Lil Jon "classic." I mean are we being charitable or something? There are a few that I can def agree with - In The Club, Hate It Or Love It, Oh Boy, Girls Girls Girls, Grindin....these are songs that really didn't have to much a divide when the were blowing up - if you like hip hop, you liked these songs. "Get Low" though? Lil Boosie? Are we serious? That's charity music.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Both are trash......but youll hear TTW @ BBQs in 10 years.

• lord234lord234 236 Posts

YES.

no. the only Kanye joint that counts as a millenium classic is Spaceship[/b].

Both are trash......but youll hear TTW @ BBQs in 10 years.

Hell naw.

I can't believe some of the shit I'm seeing on here. There are people on here actually calling Lil Jon "classic." I mean are we being charitable or something? There are a few that I can def agree with - In The Club, Hate It Or Love It, Oh Boy, Girls Girls Girls, Grindin....these are songs that really didn't have to much a divide when the were blowing up - if you like hip hop, you liked these songs. "Get Low" though? Lil Boosie? Are we serious? That's charity music.

yeah I'm not really understanding this thread anymore I guess.

I'm outta here.

• lord234lord234 236 Posts
    Scarface: Guess Who's Back

(best kanye beat ever)

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

yeah I'm not really understanding rap[/b] anymore I guess.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

Have u heard of Crunk?

Ludacris- Stand up
    Ludacris- Welcome to Atlanta

no I mean I'm really not understanding this thread.

are these songs that will supposedly "hold up" over time?

are they merely the biggest rap songs since 2000?

are these joints that supposedly represent a new "era," hence the "millenium" criterion?

are these "regional" specific classics?

is it just -- as so many strut threads -- a list of some of the poster's favorite jawns with no regard for status of said jawns outside of poster's mindgarden?

are these joints that supposedly represent a new "era," hence the "millenium" criterion?

is it just -- as so many strut threads -- a list of some of the poster's favorite jawns with no regard for status of said jawns outside of poster's mindgarden?

Basically all of the ones I've listed. If they play that shit on the East and Westcoast, then imo it's a rap classic.

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts

Sayin'. I think we do need to have categories.

CLUB HITS
    BECKY/WEDDING FIRE
    REGIONAL CLASSICS
    REAL HEADZ CLASSICS
    PERSONAL CLASSICS

And I'm genuine when I ask this, but is knuck if you buck an acorss the board CLASSIC? I definetly know the track and I can see it being a classic amongst southern rap afficionados, people in the south and hipsters but out in Cali?

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    NEVER MIND.

NEVER MIND.

ha-hahahahaha!

both of my number one stans chiming in, sweet.

Blow the Whistle, Super Sic Widt and Hyphy are basically as big as you can get for "hyphy" records. To say that they aren't classic really shows that you're disconnected oblivious as well.

and Yuichi:

I'd much rather read Harvey's at times skewed view on rap any day of the week than yours. And that's saying something because he believes in mystical powers, magic beans, and blowed being the cornerstone of western civilization.

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    Ludacris - Move Bitch
    Lil Jon - What They Gon Do
    Youngbloodz - Damn
    Missy Elliot - Pass That Dutch
    Missy Elliot - Lose Control
    Outkast - I Like the Way You Move
    The Roots - The Seed 2.0
    Ying Yang Twins - Shake
    TI - What You Know
    Twista - Overnight Celebrity
    Big Boi - Kryptonite
    8 Ball & MJG - You Don't Want Drama
    Slim Thug - Still Tippin
    Young Jeezy - Go Crazy
    Juvenile - Slow Motion
    Snoop Dogg - Beautiful
    Erick Sermon - React

both of my number one stans chiming in, sweet.

Blow the Whistle, Super Sic Widt and Hyphy are basically as big as you can get for "hyphy" records. To say that they aren't hits really shows that you're disconnected oblivious as well.

hyphy is more regional than south shit. besides, I'M not down with hyphy.

Slow Jamz (Collipark Remix)

Was this popular in the midwest? I don't think i've ever heard that anywhere else besides the times I play it at the house.

and Yuichi:

I'd much rather read Harvey's at times skewed view on rap any day of the week than yours. And that's saying something because he believes in mystical powers, magic beans, and blowed being the cornerstone of western civilization.

your taste in music sucks. and i too don't care about your views.

and Yuichi:

yuichi: staying mad at the internet.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts

Big Boi - Kryptonite

and Yuichi:

yuichi: staying mad at the internet.

young phonics: get a life, acquire better taste in music, and get off my nuts.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts