The new kanye joint

Comments

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    I don't know man I gotta ride with the one Deej, Puff's shit up until like that Godzilla Zeppelin shit is killing this.

You gonna ride over the cliff with deej on the Shyne/Black Rob albums?
    "Bad Boyz" > any song on the last kanye

"Bad Boyz" is a great track--and it's the only one on that album. Aside from the joint with the D.O.C. beat, there's nothing else on there that's even listenable.

bonnie and clyde.

• LINUSLINUS 20 Posts
    This song is trash........Only a total nerd would listen to that crap in the car.
    Only a loser would listen to it at home ....and i refuse to believe any grown man would make room on his ipod for this doo doo....."The club" my ass...

Kanye is a tolerable two album rapper but as expected he's hit the wall full speed.

"Can't tell me nothin" is dope ...but not heavy rotation dope ....The beat is ....The chrous is hypnotic as fuck.....but whenever i hear that song i immediately feel the urge to bump "Mr Slow Flow" .

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    This song is trash........Only a total nerd would listen to that crap in the car.
    Only a loser would listen to it at home ....and i refuse to believe any grown man would make room on his ipod for this doo doo....."The club" my ass...

LOL.

Tell 'em how you REALLY feel, son!

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    I am personally glad to be 30 years old and to have been raised with an understanding of what good rap music sounds like. If that makes me "sound old", so be it. The most pathetic thing are dudes my age trying hard to appear 10 years younger by jumping on whatever crap is out at the moment.

The only people that seem to be endorsing this record in this thread are DJs who I guess are having to play it out... that kind of says it all

When Kanye drops another *good* record, everyone will forget this song.

Oliver, Eminem and Kanye don't even belong in the same discussion as far as MCing goes.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I don't know man I gotta ride with the one Deej, Puff's shit up until like that Godzilla Zeppelin shit is killing this.

You gonna ride over the cliff with deej on the Shyne/Black Rob albums?
    "Bad Boyz" > any song on the last kanye

"Bad Boyz" is a great track--and it's the only one on that album. Aside from the joint with the D.O.C. beat, there's nothing else on there that's even listenable.
    this is also wrong, for example that grace jones track that has barrington levy is also rather nice.

i would listen to it while wearing linen pants

Surely you do not refer to "Bonnie & Shyne"?

I suggest editing your post before anyone else sees it.

Oliver, Eminem and Kanye don't even belong in the same discussion as far as MCing goes.

Neither do Bun B and Kanye. This is what I'm saying.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    bun-b as an example might have been misleading, i'll agree ... i didnt mean to say i think kanye should be acting gangster or something, its less about subject matter and more about being concrete, focused. (For example if you compare Bun's verse on "I'm a G" w/ his verse on "Draped Up" i much prefer the former, the latter is pretty vague, redundant, rehash.) Similarly kanye on 'through the wire' = funny, charming, kanye on 'spaceship' = down to earth, relating to the day to day grind. but then this new stuff - 'but i couldn't tell you who decides wars'? Seriously? Followed by a really confusing metaphor about school/graduation that he has more than played out over the course of (now) 3 albums? Or if yr just talking about "Stronger," does anyone really feel a "klondike/dike" rhyme? is he 12 years old?

i can keep arguing (obv) about why this bothers me but maybe it would be less ridiculous if ppl who are so pro-"Stronger" could explain the appeal in terms beyond 'it bangs in the club' or 'daft punk are dope' or whatever

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Wait, so I'm the only one who thought "Can't Tell Me Nothin'" was WORSE than this Daft Punk shit? Seriously?

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    i refuse to believe any grown man would make room on his ipod for this doo doo.....

i have it on my summer party 2007 playlist.

i refuse to believe any grown man would make room on his ipod for this doo doo.....

Jaymack = not grown man?

bun-b as an example might have been misleading, i'll agree ... i didnt mean to say i think kanye should be acting gangster or something, its less about subject matter and more about being concrete, focused. (For example if you compare Bun's verse on "I'm a G" w/ his verse on "Draped Up" i much prefer the former, the latter is pretty vague, redundant, rehash.) Similarly kanye on 'through the wire' = funny, charming, kanye on 'spaceship' = down to earth, relating to the day to day grind. but then this new stuff - 'but i couldn't tell you who decides wars'? Seriously? Followed by a really confusing metaphor about school/graduation that he has more than played out over the course of (now) 3 albums? Or if yr just talking about "Stronger," does anyone really feel a "klondike/dike" rhyme? is he 12 years old?

How did we get to the point where we're REALLY doing lyrical analyses of Kanye?

I mean, who is coming out, riding for Ye's lyrical skilz?

LEAVE THE STRAWMAN ALONE!

[dizzybull]I am personally glad to be 30 years old and to have been raised with an understanding of what good rap music sounds like. If that makes me "sound old", so be it. The most pathetic thing are dudes my age trying hard to appear 10 years younger by jumping on whatever crap is out at the moment. [/dizzybull]

Jaymack = not grown man?

or am i a male becky?

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

i'm not looking for SKILLZ i'm looking for SUBSTANCE (and i dont mean that in the corny conscious/complexity tip, i mean that his vocals are in SOME way EFFECTIVE) - he's a rapper and i expect his rapping to at least have some coherency! It USED to do this just fine!

• noznoz 3,625 Posts

I AGREE OLIVER IS CLEARLY THE SUPERIOR MC.

i'm not looking for SKILLZ i'm looking for SUBSTANCE (and i dont mean that in the corny conscious/complexity tip, i mean that his vocals are in SOME way EFFECTIVE) - he's a rapper and i expect his rapping to at least have some coherency! It USED to do this just fine!

You're saying you need some plex phors?

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

dizzybull

yeah except I still like current sounding rap music. you can't play me like that.

do not be ashamed of your comprehensive disco rap collection.

People are acting like disliking this song is making some grand statement about taste. The song is totally average, at BEST it works in the club.

*blush*

Frapping fresher since 1986!

• LINUSLINUS 20 Posts

Do these "summer parties" require chaperones ?

this thread is starting to really crack off.

Do these "summer parties" require chaperones ?

no. they usually entail me and my brothers and some friends hanging out on the porch drinking dranks before going out to the bars(if mom will give us a ride).

this thread is starting to really crack off.

"starting"?

HIJACK: what's been moving through the store today? Any heatrocks?

But of course - what kind of operation do you think I'm running over here?

dizzybull

yeah except I still like current sounding rap music. you can't play me like that.

do not be ashamed of your comprehensive disco rap collection.

People are acting like disliking this song is making some grand statement about taste. The song is totally average, at BEST it works in the club.

Haha... to be honest, I have no particular affection for this song, having only heard it once.

The fact that deej is so exercised over it kind of makes me want to ride for it, though.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    male becky

location, location, location.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

hahahaha...

But of course - what kind of operation do you think I'm running over here?

Titles, son!

hahahaha...

Eats, shoots, and leaves.