The new kanye joint

Comments

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    song is awful

The only people saying this are people that post up in the midst of a dance floor witht heir stiff selves.
    this is definitely not the case. I dont know how anyone can listen to kanye rap any more. So gratingly 'self-aware'

Heard they'd do anything for a klondike
    well I'd do anything for a blonde dike

WACK

dude, do you even party?

If you are a dj, and you actually play in clubs and stuff, and you are a fan of hip hop, you love this song cause its actually some rap that you can play and will still go over well.

And its actually kinda original sounding at the same time. Hey, original sounding rap song that works well in the club, it sounds like kanye killed it again.

the akira video was sick.

Im sorry but i just dont get how yall aint feeling this yet. It just has about 100 times more energy than any rap song ive heard recently.

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    Stressing on how Kanye raps now[/b] = NAGL.

This track is cool, if it was the shop boys, y'all would be loving it....

• emyndemynd 830 Posts
    I like this song a lot.

-e

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    song is awful

The only people saying this are people that post up in the midst of a dance floor witht heir stiff selves.
    this is definitely not the case. I dont know how anyone can listen to kanye rap any more. So gratingly 'self-aware'

WACK

dude, do you even party?

If you are a dj, and you actually play in clubs and stuff, and you are a fan of hip hop, you love this song cause its actually some rap that you can play and will still go over well.

LOL! Please.

And if we really want to get into it, it's not original. The Neptunes remixed the same track already and Swizzy rocked the same concept as well (sampling Daft Punk).

Trust me, I want to like it but I don't think it's anything to sweat over.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    song is awful

The only people saying this are people that post up in the midst of a dance floor witht heir stiff selves. Recognize heat folls.

rubbish.
    i dislike it because i don't like the way it sounds.

• yoigotbeatsyoigotbeats 1,667 Posts

And its actually kinda original sounding at the same time. Hey, original sounding rap song that works well in the club, it sounds like kanye killed it again.

the akira video was sick.

Im sorry but i just dont get how yall aint feeling this yet. It just has about 100 times more energy than any rap song ive heard recently.

Being a DJ isn't soley about pandering to an audience. The fact it may be "original" to you may simply mean you're not up on incrediblely similar sounding records. And while the video's dope, it's not even as dope as some of his previous efforts. And the song's good, but let's not annoint folls just cuz he's ahead of the sea of wackness.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    song is awful

WACK

dude, do you even party?
    i invented 'do u party?'!

blind praise for songs that get the dancefloor open is suspect. dave matthews used to get the crowd open too. big deal.

lazy, obvious sample. swizz beats already did the same gimmick, but bcuz kanye's doing it under the guise of 'artistry' vs. mercenary club banger you guys get all excited about how original it is.

also i dont really like the shop boyz but i still think the corny rocknroll gimmick is fresher than ripping daft punk. take that blog house shit to stereogum dot com

• A hiphop producer sampling some robot-obsessed european techno group???
    what is the world coming to.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    you guys get all excited about how original it is

i dont think anyone said it was original. it's a good song that makes me feel good. and even better i can play it at the club. i dont give a fuck who already remixed the song three years ago, or that swizz beats sampled daft punk before. it doesn't matter. you either like it or you don't.

i dont think anyone said it was original. it's a good song that makes me feel good. and even better i can play it at the club. i dont give a fuck who already remixed the song three years ago, or that swizz beats sampled daft punk before. it doesn't matter. you either like it or you don't.

JAY DEE SAMPLED DAFT PUNK FIRST HOMAY!

In this rare instance:

Swizzy > Kanye

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

thats a fair argument (albeit not a v. interesting one to debate with, what can u say to "i just like it because i do"?), im not criticizing people's right to like it, i was just responding to dude's silly 'u must hate to dance' bullshit

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

In this rare instance:

Swizzy > Kanye
    hah thats actually one of my least favorite swizz tracks too
    daft punk is just trendy right now but whats annoying is that as a ref. point its just like style no substance. Its not like kanye making hip-house hinted at on 'workout plan,' its just daft punk as a signifyer for trendiness without any of the actual musical reasons daft punk are interesting. doesnt mean it rules out the song being good but in this case its gonna do to the original what kanye's already done to 'move on up' - i wont be able to hear the original w/out hearing his smarmy voice over it

Yeah what is it with internet dudes sweating Daft Punk, is it because all those Ed Banger dudes being "hot" now?

Actually with Move On Up, Just Blaze did that sample justice. Great drum sounds and programing.

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    i like the oj simpson/isotoners line.

kanye got the best one-liners?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

In this rare instance:

Swizzy > Kanye

daft punk is just trendy right now but whats annoying is that as a ref. point its just like style no substance. Its not like kanye making hip-house hinted at on 'workout plan,' its just daft punk as a signifyer for trendiness without any of the actual musical reasons daft punk are interesting. doesnt mean it rules out the song being good but in this case its gonna do to the original what kanye's already done to 'move on up' - i wont be able to hear the original w/out hearing his smarmy voice over it

Get a blog, dude.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

In this rare instance:

Swizzy > Kanye

Get a blog, dude.
    yes sorry i forget the purpose of a message board was for lame one liners to prove how much cooler you are than a bunch of record nerds.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts

blind praise for songs that get the dancefloor open is suspect. dave matthews used to get the crowd open too. big deal.

lazy, obvious sample. swizz beats already did the same gimmick, but bcuz kanye's doing it under the guise of 'artistry' vs. mercenary club banger you guys get all excited about how original it is.

also i dont really like the shop boyz but i still think the corny rocknroll gimmick is fresher than ripping daft punk. take that blog house shit to stereogum dot com

when the hell did dave matthews ever get the crowd open?

Wait, where are you from again?

artistry vs. mercenary club banger?

lol...

Wait, where are you from again?

Oberlin

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts

dude, where have you been? if your a dj and you don't have some dave in your crates, then you might as well go home.

flex was dropping bombs to "satellite" in his 90s mix. get familiar.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

how about the retarded numbers of people that bought his records?
    i mean keep misreading me or whatever ... i know that you guys dont really have opinions until you see how 'the club' reacts but there's no need to play dumb

i mean keep misreading me or whatever ... i know that you guys dont really have opinions until you see how 'the club' reacts but there's no need to play dumb

This from the originator of "Do you party?"

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    That song is some Euro-pop shit...nice for the clubs. But i won't listen to it at home or in my iPod. I think i know the genesis of "Stronger"...last year when he blew a fuse at the Award ceremony in London, i think he got jealous over those two white boys that snatch back his reward. I guess while traveling abroad, he noticed that the "gay attitude" was trendy and may earn his some stripes. So here we are with that gay song...goo for clubs, but overall, very boring. No hateration. I prefered Common's single.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

people who party shouldn't be discerning?

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

It seems like "discerning party" should be part and parcel with "club compliance"

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    the idea that you stop caring about things like 'taste' when you party is an anathema to me.

It seems like "discerning party" should be part and parcel with "club compliance"

I would like to know where our discerning partier/compliant clubgoer is hearing Dave Matthews being played out...

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

I would like to know where our discerning partier/compliant clubgoer is hearing Dave Matthews being played out...
    hey u willfully misreading retard, i was just making the shudderingly obvious observation that popular =/ good

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    the idea that you stop caring about things like 'taste' when you party is an anathema to me.

Oh I agree totally... I was just remarking on a semantic similarity

hey u willfully misreading retard, i was just making the shudderingly obvious observation that popular =/ good

Is this how you conduct yourself at the club?

Is addressing those who seek to engage you as "retards" club compliant?

I think not.

Now if you wanna step
    You gotta play it by the rules
    You gotta do what I do
    When I do, what I do

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
    song is awful