TI vs TIP

cardovacardova 743 Posts
edited June 2007 in Strut Central
Is there a thread somewhere? Upon first listening I found 3 or 4 songs I really liked.

Comments

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Hasn't the whole "my dapper-ass businessman side takes on my streetz-approved hustler side" thing become embarrassingly trite yet?

• shooteralishooterali 1,591 Posts
    Hasn't the whole "my dapper-ass businessman side takes on my streetz-approved hustler side" thing become embarrassingly trite yet?

it has!!!!

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts
    Hasn't the whole hip hop[/b] thing become embarrassingly trite yet?

• Hasn't the whole rape of hip hop[/b] thing become embarrassingly trite yet?

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    as a buisness man he has mediocre taste in design.

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts
    I can only pray its bourbon--single barrel if he's really sucsessful.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    Hasn't the whole rape of hip hop[/b] thing become embarrassingly trite yet?

so TI is raping hip hop?

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    I can only pray its Pappy Van Winkle's Family Reserve - if he's really sucsessful.

• cardovacardova 743 Posts

it has, as has breaking down one's album in 3 chapters or whatever. all that aside, i found some enjoyable songs in there.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts

Actually I think it's an interesting dichotomy that isn't addressed all that often in hip hop.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

Actually I think it's an interesting dichotomy that isn't addressed all that often in hip hop.

"When you should be wearing khakis and not dress slacks..."

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

TI vs. TIP vs. Casual Friday

• Deejay_OMDeejay_OM 695 Posts

TI vs. TIP vs. Casual Friday

casual friday always wins.....unless it's jeans and Hawaiin shirt Friday....that's a no-contest

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    Is there a thread somewhere?

Upon first listening I found 3 or 4 songs I really liked.

3 or 4, that's it? Is this out yet? Is "Big Things Poppin" even making as much as noise as his previous popular singles?

• JacobWizzleJacobWizzle 1,003 Posts

3 or 4, that's it? Is this out yet? Is "Big Things Poppin" even making as much as noise as his previous popular singles?

Not sure, but the album is pretty good. Not fucking with "Urban Legend" or "Trap Music" but its entertaining to listen to. The Just Blaze song is dope and I like the one with Jay Z too. Why he's using Wyclef beats instead of Toomp though???

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts

Not sure, but the album is pretty good. Not fucking with "Urban Legend" or "Trap Music" but its entertaining to listen to. The Just Blaze song is dope and I like the one with Jay Z too. Why he's using Wyclef beats instead of Toomp though???

the above. I've only heard it all the way through twice but it's not really touching King or Trap Muzik at the moment. Not really feeling either Mannie fresh song. Enjoying the song featuring Busta though as the first part of the album seems to drag something chronic.

I actually kinda like the first Wyclef track

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    I found 3 or 4 songs I really liked.

out of how many? there's gotta be like 35 tracks right?

• cardovacardova 743 Posts
    3-4 out of 15 or so.

OK so there's some joints on here, but overall, it's not measuring up to previous efforts. Some of these beats are wack and a little too polished for TI. The good songs are pretty good but as an album, it's a little boring at first listen. I'm going to listen to it a few more times and see how I feel then. First impressions aren't enough to judge.

• DrJoelDrJoel 932 Posts
    Thank god this thread isn't about what i thought it was about.

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    3-4 out of 15 or so.

a good album that does not make!

• dstill808dstill808 704 Posts

"How 'bout we play a little game called 'just the tip'"

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts

Like, q-tip vs. t.i. or something?

• DrJoelDrJoel 932 Posts

Yessir.

Yessir.

ahh. yes thank god it's not about that.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    This shit is st8lava.

Better than KING.

The collabos work - especially that joint w/ Busta. Money killed it.

The Production is overall well crafted.

T.I. does his thang but tends to get a little boring by the third verse on some tracks.

I dont why cats have been paying for Eminem beats.....dude cannot produce. Shit always crude.

Da Dopeman is ridiculous!!!!

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    This shit is st8lava.

Better than KING.

T.I. does his thang but tends to get a little boring by the third verse on some tracks.

I dont why cats have been paying for Eminem beats.....dude cannot produce. Shit always crude.

I've only listened to it on my notebook--waiting to really speak on it until I've copped the official version and listened through some real speakers. It sounded pretty good to me, though.

This shit is st8lava.
    Better than KING.
    I dont know why cats have been paying for Eminem beats.....dude cannot produce. Shit always crude.

I've only listened to it on my notebook--waiting to really speak on it until I've copped the official version and listened through some real speakers. It sounded pretty good to me, though.

The official version was in my local dvd/cd/phone shop. When is the real release date?

Im tryin to go thru my mental rolodex of Hip Hop artists who have tackled this successfully or unsuccessfully.

Omitting the "I gotta get out of the game" songs.

I'm not that average rapper, nobody's equal
    And for the biter, his beat will
    grow and grow and grow, til he finds out
    He's not a pro-fessionally,
    up to par, with myself
    No comp', I like to battle myself
    by myself, compete again myself
    Score myself, on these weak ass charts