Oden or Durant?

2»

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    No Hatt DrWu.....but

Im really sick of the Draft hype bullshit.

Fuck a workout w/ no one around you. That's not Basketball, that's Kareoke.

• Mr_DelmontMr_Delmont 279 Posts
    Asshurt?

Why would I be asshurt? Portland had the two best rookies in the league last year. Portland landed the 1st pick in the draft. Portland will make the playoffs next year.

I'm quite the opposite.

I think you go down as the only person in the world that has compared (in any way) Bogut to Oden.

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts

show me some guys who have unbelievable workouts that ended up as nba busts. i'd bet that a large majority of the nba flops are dudes who were drafted on "potential". you can't fake it when they are timing your speed, measuring your vertical, counting how many jumpers you hit, etc.

show me some guys who have unbelievable workouts that ended up as nba busts. i'd bet that a large majority of the nba flops are dudes who were drafted on "potential". you can't fake it when they are timing your speed, measuring your vertical, counting how many jumpers you hit, etc.

And show me how many top 10 dudes who do have good workouts who dont amount to shit.

What's your assessment of McGrady's career?

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts

i think what he means is that workouts are in no way a true measurement of the players "potential" or skill level in the actual game. Rasheed Wallace can hit a hundred threes in a row in practce, but he might sink 3 or 4 in an entire game. knowmean? he ain't saying Oden's gonna be a bust, he's just saying stop looking for any little excuse to tout him as the next king of basketball. i think.

Just nerves.

I saw some of the footage. There was about a hundred people in that small ass gym watching him.

i think what he means is that workouts are in no way a true measurement of the players "potential" or skill level in the actual game. Rasheed Wallace can hit a hundred threes in a row in practce, but he might sink 3 or 4 in an entire game. knowmean? he ain't saying Oden's gonna be a bust, he's just saying stop looking for any little excuse to tout him as the next king of basketball. i think.

Thank You.

• JacobWizzleJacobWizzle 1,003 Posts
    I would take Oden because he is such a rare thing to see these days. His combination of speed, coordination and size is pretty ridiculous. Hopefully Durant will be great for the Sonics and we can start that I-5 rivalry again (until they move to Oklahoma!). I think when the Sonics leave I'm riding with the Blazers. They have Nate and two Seattle guys already, Martel is from my block too. I could see the Blazers winning a title within 5 years with the talent they have.

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    whats up with the reports that oden's wrist isnt fully healed and he will never regain the full range of motion on that hand?

• LeftyLefty 259 Posts

Oden say his wrist is 100%....but I think the Blazers are still concerned.

Here's a good article:

http://www.oregonlive.com/blazers/oregonian/index.ssf?/base/sports/1182396345323251.xml&coll=7

• whats up with the reports that oden's wrist isnt fully healed and he will never regain the full range of motion on that hand?

It's kinda scary how Oden played the majority of the season left handed. It makes you wonder what would have happened if he wasn't injured. Oden's defense can change the game in ways Durant can't.....

Just got this of Oregonlive:

"Oden said yesterday at the practice facility that he'd be visiting the Sonics, but that he wasn't going to participate in a workout."

Any truth to this? Any Seattle Soulstrutters want to comment?

If this is true....looks like Portland has their mind made up.

Oden has the athleticism of Akeem Olajuwon and David Robinson so most teams would rather go for the once a decade center than the scorer that comes around every draft.

Hahahahahaahahahaahahahahahahahaaaa.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Oden has the athleticism of Akeem Olajuwon and David Robinson so most teams would rather go for the once a decade center than the scorer that comes around every draft.

Hahahahahaahahahaahahahahahahahaaaa.

I am taking names and number of all the haters. There will be hell to pay. Trust me.