kobe video

2»

Comments

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts

Shaquille O'Neal vs. Wilt Chamberlain: both are the premier centers of their eras,
    who did it best with the lakers? who was the greater center?

this is a joke. wilt is the most dominant player of all time. you can argue that he faced lesser competition, but in terms of who was "the premier center of their era", its not up for debate. wilt averaged over 50 points a game and over 20 rebounds at certain points in his career. he also led the league in assists one year! the nba had to change the rules just to stop him from being so dominant.

• Hey Kobe, why you gotta throw Andrew Bynum under the bus?

After this bi-polar dude gets traded, does Yuichi root Lakers or Kobe?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Keep this in mind, KB8 and 24 wake up at 5am in the off-season to work out.

Haha--his greatness is such that it cannot be contained within a single individual!

Henceforward, he shall be referred to in plural!

TRADE KOBE FOR KOBE!

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    Hey Kobe, why you gotta throw Andrew Bynum under the bus?

Kobe didn't really diss Bynum, he just put the truth out there very bluntly. Kobe is 29, he wants another ring. The Lakers had the chance to pick up Jason Kidd, Mr. Triple Double, and didn't go for it because they didn't want to lose Bynum, a 19 (or his he 20 now?) year old kid who will need AT LEAST 5 years to develop into a good starting center. Kobe wasn't wrong on that, he's not gonna hang around and wait for the Lakers to get better. If he's going to win another one, he needs a supporting cast or he needs to go somewhere else. Period. Bynum just got caught in the crossfire because management chose him over one of the league's best point guards of the last decade. Can you blame Kobe for being upset? I'd be pissed too.

I'd like to see him in the East. I think the East needs a player like him, especially since AI is out here now. Chicago or NY. Wherever he goes, he needs to be on a team with some other all-star calliber players or else he is going to have the same problem. How about to Miami for Wade? Haha.

• Apologist. You rollin w/ Yuichi's crew now?

No, not at all, just calling it like I see it! I like Bynum too, but like Batmon said in the Oden or Durant thread, he's coming along verrry slowwwwly and Kobe doesn't have time for that.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    make the fake trade rumors stop! holy crap the interweb is killing me since the season ended. Can't somebody get arrested or something to take the bloggers' minds off the "what if" scenarios??
    Breaking News: Kobe to Chicago, KG to Boston, Everyone to Somewhere Else
    Holy f-bomb! This just rolled in off the newswire???

AP ??? In the largest trade in NBA history, Kobe Bryant was dealt from Los Angeles to Chicago, Kevin Garnett was dealt from Minnesota to Boston, and Shawn Marion was chopped up and dealt to all five Atlantic Division teams on Thursday in a transaction involving 29 franchises and 313 players.

The Phoenix Suns acquired guard Gilbert Arenas from Washington, while the Wizards received MVP Dirk Nowitizki from the Dallas Mavericks. In addition, LeBron James was shipped to the Miami Heat, Jason Kidd ended up in Golden State, and Steve Nash is a now a Charlotte Bobcat.

The Atlanta Hawks, Orlando Magic, Denver Nuggets, Milwaukee Bucks, Indiana Pacers, Utah Jazz, Los Angeles Clippers, Seattle SuperSonics, Detroit Pistons, Portland Trail Blazers, Houston Rockets, New Orleans Hornets, Memphis Grizzlies, and Sacramento Kings were also involved in the deal. The San Antonio Spurs were not.

The trade was just a bit larger than a 13-player, five-team deal in 2005.

???We traded a lot ??? our whole team actually ??? but we got back eleven or twelve quality players,??? said Bulls general manager John Paxson. ???Kobe Bryant is one of the very best multi-faceted, versatile players in this game. He is able to score at will, make plays, and rebound. There isn???t anyone in this league with a better all-around game. Oh, yeah, we???re also excited to pick up Bostjan Nachbar in the deal. And Wally Szczerbiak.???

Toronto also received Brandon Roy from Portland and the #2 draft pick from the Sonics; Utah received Ron Artest from Sacramento; New York picked up Cuttino Mobley from LA and a package ??? Michael Redd, Bobby Simmons and two third-round draft picks (which don???t actually exist) ??? from Milwaukee; Atlanta acquired Amare Stoudemire from Miami and Dwight Howard from Orlando; and the Grizzlies received guard Antoine Walker from the Heat. He???s expected to be waived later this afternoon.

ESPN trade guru Chad Ford was unavailable for comment. It is believed his head exploded.

http://www.thebasketballjones.net/2007/0...somewhere-else/

funny shit.

although, it's not like these trade rumors about Kobe are unwarrented - the dude flew to europe to have a sit down with Buss. I don't think they were discussing the size of his locker at Staples...

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    oh, i fully understand the kobe trade internet madness. I'm just sick of my RSS feed every morning saying GARNETT TO BOSTON THEN TO NEW YORK FOR EDDY CURRY AND EVERY DRAFT PICK THROUGH 2015.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts

Shaquille O'Neal vs. Wilt Chamberlain: both are the premier centers of their eras,
    who did it best with the lakers? who was the greater center?

this is a joke. wilt is the most dominant player of all time. you can argue that he faced lesser competition, but in terms of who was "the premier center of their era", its not up for debate. wilt averaged over 50 points a game and over 20 rebounds at certain points in his career. he also led the league in assists one year! the nba had to change the rules just to stop him from being so dominant.

He didn't face lesser competition, either- Wilt's era was the era of the big man. Great centers galore back then. Reed, Thurmond, Lanier, Unseld, Russell, Alcindor / Jabbar, Bellamy etc. And there weren't that many teams so you had to go against these guys all the time, whereas Shaq may have to battle with the few decent big men of his era only a handful of times each season.

oh, i fully understand the kobe trade internet madness. I'm just sick of my RSS feed every morning saying GARNETT TO BOSTON THEN TO NEW YORK FOR EDDY CURRY AND EVERY DRAFT PICK THROUGH 2015.

totally understand. i think it's funny. it is a little grating though. it's like all the draft hype. sometimes you just wish everybody would shut the fuck up until the shit actually happens! but that's all part of the fun, I supposel. what else is a bball fan to do in the offseason? haha.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Hey Kobe, why you gotta throw Andrew Bynum under the bus?

After this bi-polar dude gets traded, does Yuichi root Lakers or Kobe?

Did my statements or that of G_Balliando not resonate at all? Both of which are the truth btw.

I will root for both.

Keep this in mind, KB8 and 24 wake up at 5am in the off-season to work out.

Haha--his greatness is such that it cannot be contained within a single individual!

Henceforward, he shall be referred to in plural!

TRADE KOBE FOR KOBE!

Just saying. Whether it was 5 years ago, during his championship years or now, his work ethic is admirable and superior.

• totally understand. i think it's funny. it is a little grating though. it's like all the draft hype. sometimes you just wish everybody would shut the fuck up until the shit actually happens! but that's all part of the fun, I supposel. what else is a bball fan to do in the offseason? haha.

i am so siked for the draft. this year is so much more top-heavy than people realize - after 1 and 2 it's wide open. there's going to be lots of good value to be had late ... for my knicks i'm looking for guys like derrick byars, tiago splitter (will never happen), morris almond, thaddeus young or rodney stuckey in the unlikely event they slip. stephane lasme, dominic mcguire, daequan cook and jared dudley are sleepers. guys like horford, noah, and conley are being overrated a little bit right now.

guys like horford, noah, and conley are being overrated a little bit right now.

Noah may become the next Marcus Camby. Conley will end up being a Morris Peterson or Damon Stoudamire or Jalen Rose.

I get the sense that teams are so eager not to miss out on potential greats, that they will pick up a dude that just finished his freshman year based on potential. Who can you really blame, the game is being played that way. But seriously a lot of these so-called Pros, should be in the NBDL. There are so many scrubs in the league right now, it's unbelievable. No wonder, Team USA ain't what it used to be.

• don't get me wrong - i like those guys. i just think that a player in noah's mold (unskilled energy-type player, think varejao) don't belong in the top 5 or 10 picks. horford and conley are both solid but they're project 3 and 4 right now and i think that's a little high, that's all. but both will probably have long careers.

i'd love to have noah in new york. he'd be perfect here. he's not going to be able to fit in any system - i honestly think he'd only magnify chicago's problems because he can't score a lick, but would be nice alongside curry.

don't get me wrong - i like those guys. i just think that a player in noah's mold (unskilled energy-type player, think varejao) don't belong in the top 5 or 10 picks. horford and conley are both solid but they're project 3 and 4 right now and i think that's a little high, that's all. but both will probably have long careers.

i'd love to have noah in new york. he'd be perfect here. he's not going to be able to fit in any system - i honestly think he'd only magnify chicago's problems because he can't score a lick, but would be nice alongside curry.

I agree with most of your points. Although I think Noah has better coordination and court sense than Varejao.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    What would Noah do that David Lee doesnt already do. Noah isnt gonna average 20 points anywhere.

• he would be 7 feet tall and block shots.

i love love love david lee, i just feel that we need a better frontcourt defender in the roster - lee, frye, curry are all pretty weak defenders.

• http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/6945924?MSNHPHMA posted some hours ago online

How could they possibly survive the loss of Kobe?

Of course, in an effort to effect a trade (or, more likely, draw attention to his plight), Bryant has tried his best to make the Lakers as miserable as he is. There have been stories, serial radio appearances and web site postings. He's not particularly choosy; he'll whine to just about anybody. He belittled Andrew Bynum, his 19-year-old teammate, for the benefit of somebody on the street with a cellphone video camera.

But do you trade him?

Not now. Not unless you can get Tim Duncan or Steve Nash or LeBron James or Dwyane Wade.

ya know, last year on draft day, it seems like there were all kinds of crazy trades happening. are we going to see that again this year or are a lot of teams going to stick with their picks because the draft is so plush this time around?

i honestly don't know enough about most of the projected first rounders to really speak on them, who are the strong defenders coming in (aside from oden and joakim noah)? this league needs more great defenders. and my team needs a couple of them

edit: i'm sorry- this belonged in the oden or durant thread. oh well.

He belittled Andrew Bynum, his 19-year-old teammate

please explain how he belittled Andrew Bynum.

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    i wouldnt be mad if my warriors got that tall chinese kid w/ the 18th pick