Letterman's record Collection

volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
edited June 2005 in Strut Central
http://www.cbs.com/latenight/lateshow/exclusives/record_collection/#If you havn't ever seen him do this, check it out. It's kinda funny. Sure we see this crap everyday, but still Dave dug up "Carpet Squares"! How many of you have done that? (not on the internet)One of my favorite "Sporting Sound Effects - Darts" WTF!!!! I even saw that one when it aired.

Comments

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    "Music To Sell More Sparkplugs By"

I don't even own a car, but this record really got me thinking. Do I need new spark plugs? Maybe I should go out and buy a box or a set or a flock or whatever of new Champions. Then I really got to thinking--do cars even have spark plugs anymore? Don't they have electronic something or other? Then a new question occurred to me--was I devoting too many hours to worrying about these moot points, rather than concentrating on my actual work? Yes! Pleased at having finally gotten somewhere, I took a long break.
    Special note to all you Mitch Miller fans out there: this little 7" record features Mitch and his Orchestra, running on all cylinders or close to it.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    "Flight F-I-N-A-L -- A Dramatic Comparison To Death"

My moms was rocking this when I was knee-high to Herve Villechaize.

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    "Carpet Square"

The back cover of this early 70's record proclaims in large type, "CARPET SQUARE MUSIC IS DELIGHTFUL". Pretty hard to argue with that, especially after you've heard selections like "Carpet Twist," "Carpet Copycat," "Carpet Train," Carpet Races," and "Sweet Georgia Brown Carpet Twist." The clip is from the haunting and beautiful "Carpet Pantomime", and is perhaps the most delightful of all in its senseless blend of emotion and confinement to a foot-square piece of short nap carpet.
    Thanks to Michael Toth for loaning this DELIGHTFUL record.

• slavinslavin 577 Posts
    i want to hear the rest of that ASTRO-DISC record

and if he is, make it baby, make it. you deserve it

• Sun_FortuneSun_Fortune 1,374 Posts
    Man this is great. I love Letterman. Seeing this makes me want to start breaking into his house again.....
    Who knew there were records?

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I love Letterman. Seeing this makes me want to start breaking into his house again.....

you shouldn't of stopped in the first place

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    man hes got mad Privates

AYO

• Theres some dope shit in there!

"The Dialect of the Black American"

"Ching Chong China"

"Get Off of My Cloud"

"The Gayway to Heaven"

"Normal and Abnormal Breath Sounds"

"Capellin Night Fever"

• Voms72Voms72 18 Posts
    The records featured on the show belong to a staff writer who had an existing collection but was also paid good money to hunt down records around NYC area. They interviewed him the book 'Vinyl Junkie' and I think he mentioned that the best stuff was left off the show, not sure if he's still on working for Letterman though.

• Sun_FortuneSun_Fortune 1,374 Posts
    oh snap, Dave blew the lid on Cut Chemist. hahaha

• NiteKrawler45NiteKrawler45 1,062 Posts
    i want to hear the rest of that ASTRO-DISC record

I've got that one, man I thought it was seriously hard to come by. Big ups Dave!

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    That "Sounds of Love A to Zzzz" is a BANGIN[/b] record son!

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    IMG src=http://wwwimage.cbs.com/latenight/lateshow/exclusives/record_collection/images/ls_ex_rec_samdrum.jpg>

?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

and...
    IMG src=http://wwwimage.cbs.com/latenight/lateshow/exclusives/record_collection/images/ls_ex_rec_sonovox.jpg>

somebody posted the link to this record collection thing awhile ago, i remember hearing the clip for that and wanting it BAD.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    That "Sounds of Love A to Zzzz" is a BANGIN[/b] record son!

Exactly what is the deal with that one? Just a man and a woman moaning and groaning while a synth plays in the background?

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Yeah, it is absurd (on the moan/groan tip), but it has really cool moog work on it.

• i want to hear the rest of that ASTRO-DISC record

I've got that one, man I thought it was seriously hard to come by. Big ups Dave!

Wow, that's crazy that he has that as his #1 pick!

(this record is seriously ill)