Recent Celebrity Sightings

drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
edited June 2007 in Strut Central
I was on the train back from D.C. today from the Mingering Mike opening in D.C. (which was fantastic, by the way--props to Dori for his hard work) and guess who I see standing on the Baltimore stop platform...Mr. Clarke Peters (a.k.a. Detective Lester Freamon) ended up sitting just two rows adjacent from me and when the seat next to him cleared, I went over to have a quick conversation with him. Homey is just as smooth as he is on The Wire and said that this season is going to be amazing. I told him that I was watching the episode in Season 3 the other day where he cribs the cellphone numbers from the burner runner in order to gain his trust enough to sell him pre-wire-tapped phones for the Barksdale crew. He had a good laugh out of it and said that actor actually showed up on the set yesterday. They are in the middle of filming Season 5, which he confirmed does focus on the media and that it will indeed be the final season. Then I noticed a script in his hand. "I'm actually reading Episode 6, right now."

Comments

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Then I noticed a script in his hand. "I'm actually reading Episode 6, right now."

Yeah yeah yeah, but how was he dressed?

I imagine flyasfuck.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    I saw Dennis Rodman, Rampage Jackson, and Nicholas Cage all in one place yesterday.

• DJ_NevilleCDJ_NevilleC 1,922 Posts
    Former member of the Bad Seeds, Cramps and the Gun Club - Kid Congo Powers - was in my yoga class last weekend.

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    While at JFK on the way to LA last month, this guy who looked like Tom Savini...

img src="http://www.texasfrightmareweekend.com/images/savini.jpg"

...sat next to me at the terminal. After he finished eating the stinkiest sub I've ever smelled and got off his cell phone, I asked him "Excuse me, are you Tom Savini?"

To which he replied...

"No, I'm Carmine Appice. But I get that a lot."

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    he cribs the cellphone numbers from the burner runner in order to gain his trust enough to sell him pre-wire-tapped phones for the Barksdale crew

his head didn't spin like mine just did?

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    he cribs the cellphone numbers from the burner runner in order to gain his trust enough to sell him pre-wire-tapped phones for the Barksdale crew

And wasn't that Season 3?

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    Then I noticed a script in his hand. "I'm actually reading Episode 6, right now."

dude i just finished wire season 4 for the first time yesterday during a marathon session.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

And wasn't that Season 3?

Correct.

I haven't had a celeb sighting in any recent times but I did spend a Southwest flight from Oakland to Burbank seated next to Taye Diggs.

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    Seen Hoopz from Flavor of Love in the airport the other day, you know I was gonna holla too! The minute I had a chance to she had dipped out already, damn........ I'm really kicking myself for that one!!!!!!

Rocked a party with Busy Bee a few nights ago.

Had some fun with Mya one night!

Steve Stout fell through my Tuesday night joint

Ran into Neyo too

• ^I don't know who has on more make-up. Neyo or Hoopz.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    speaking of the wire...

and i saw a busted kate bosworth the other night at a bar. kanye was there too but i didnt see him. the dj said he gave him a cd to play, then told him to give it back afterwards...

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    ^I don't know who has on more make-up. Neyo or Hoopz.

I think it's clearly Neyo!

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

Is he rockin' a Sam Flores shirt?

FRESH!!!

• KaushikKaushik 320 Posts
    Saw the following news reporters in the DC area all in the same night...

Dana Bash, CNN (saw her having a drink with John King below)

John King, CNN

Helen Thomas, UPI

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    for all you nascar heads (al 2 of you) Martin Truex Jr.
    ate at my restaurant and loved my clams peppercino....

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    ANYBODY actually encounter FAMOUS people. who are these folks?

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    I spotted Bob Bannister diggin some heavy beats at Bumpshop. Took the train back with TNT who was catching a 7am flight to LA to appear on the MTV movie awards. :makin moves:

And earlier that evening I was making micheladas in a friend's back garden and this girl came over for drinks. In Greenpoint, go figure.

• youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts

JOEY CRACK!!!

my last flight LAX to heathrow had jonny knoxville. the girl at security asked him if he would sock the other security dude in the face. and also ike turner who was looking fresh and clean at the start of the flight in a white linen suit then when we got off looked like they just dumped his meal down the front of his suit. peace, stein. . .

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts

Was at a restuarant I used to work at. Wore all white and had a high pitched voice. Quite a weirdo.

had a few drinks with him. He's a pretty funny guy and quite a bit of a pervert.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    MALKOVICH MALKOVICH

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Yo, I got you all beat - I just answered the doorbell at my
    radio station, and it was this dude:

All I could say was "HACKERS!"

... which I don't think made him too happy.

Right now he is being interviewed about his new
    movie by the most annoying DJ at the station, just
    a few feet away as I type this ... LOL.

Oh, and his girlfriend is predictably FINE.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

dude i just finished wire season 4 for the first time yesterday during a marathon session.

I just finished episode 6 of season four - I am trying to do it at a one episode per week pace to make it last longer. I don't have HBO, so once I finish season 4 - I am looking at waiting almost two years to get at season five - the last season???

last "celebrity" sighting. I had to be told who he was:

wow.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

Cynthai Nixon on Broadway near Barnes & Nobles on my way to Fairway last Wed.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts

Cynthai Nixon on Broadway near Barnes & Nobles on my way to Fairway last Wed.

she is not that bad looking here. Sometimes she can look rough, but she looks pretty in this pic.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    she is not that bad looking here. Sometimes she can look rough, but she looks pretty in this pic.

She wasNT done up like the photo. Just regular clothes chillin like a star in NYC. Everyone acts like shes just another person w/ her Golden Girls gear.

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    i went to a wedding the other weekend and saw the dude (now a very old dude) from the police academy movies who gets "DORK" written on him in sunscreen.

all the guys at the wedding were 80s babies, so we probably showed this guy more love than he has seen in about 20 years. however, 90% of the questions we asked were about michael winslow, aka, the black guy who makes all those noises.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    driving a vintage VW Bug Convertible on the Southern State.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    Last weekend in ATL Diamond D & Raekwon where backstage at the GZA Scion show. I was able to sit and watch Raekwon jump on stage and do CREAM for a few and I gave Diamond D some dap.

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts

John King, CNN

whats the hell. this dude looks like an android or something. lay off the makeup dude.