DON'T STEP ON MY AIR JORDANS!!!!

Comments

• thanks shoe dudes. yes, wildwoods and i have been searching ebay. but no luck, i guess i just have to stay vigilant on ebay for these? or transit/active. is this a shop?

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    thanks shoe dudes. yes, wildwoods and i have been searching ebay. but no luck, i guess i just have to stay vigilant on ebay for these? or transit/active. is this a shop?

Transit/Active is a shop here in NYC that has alot of regular genral release heat. Like hemol said , i doubt they have a website.

Kobe Zoom III China Editions are all out at the House Of Hoops....

• HamHam 872 Posts
    thanks shoe dudes. yes, wildwoods and i have been searching ebay. but no luck, i guess i just have to stay vigilant on ebay for these? or transit/active. is this a shop?

Transit/Active is a shop here in NYC that has alot of regular genral release heat. Like hemol said , i doubt they have a website.

i would probably also hang myself if i wore those shoes.

b/w

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Batmon, are the KB's out??

• thanks shoe dudes. yes, wildwoods and i have been searching ebay. but no luck, i guess i just have to stay vigilant on ebay for these? or transit/active. is this a shop?

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    Kobe was wearing them when the Lakers played the Knicks last week, Walt Frazier was bagging on those kicks hard. Actual quote, "You couldn't give me a pair of those things for free".

• Kobe was wearing them when the Lakers played the Knicks last week, Walt Frazier was bagging on those kicks hard. Actual quote, "You couldn't give me a pair of those things for free".

I'm sayin'! Whoever said they looked like some drab ass office buildings was on point![color:white]Something tells me that Batmon's response to this will include a pic of some shoes I've posted with like a Richard Simmons jpeg or something. [/color]

superior shoes for superior athletes....

This reminds me of old dudes that aren't down with new rap.

Ill keep it real....

New Basketball kicks nowadays arent made for the casual sneaker cat. Theyre mad big and hard to freak w/ regular gear.

BUT

This whole kicks GAME was built on Basketball sneakers and to this day cats in my hood rock the latest Basketball joints and freak them w/ jeans/etc. Jordans still get crazy play by many muthafuckas, so im gonna stick to reppin the B-Ball sneaker up in herr regardless of the SS demograph which leans towards 90's retros and the rest. I rock those joints as well, no doubt. But dudes who be on that "those are some space boots" steez dont really know the history of the game.

No hatt.....I just prfer to reach towards the future in kicks steez as well as keepin a hand in the past.

Batmon, are the KB's out??

Only the Black joints. The Lakers Colorway were debuted in Haarlem in a limited Edition and are now only being sold in China until like February.

Plus they fuckin cost 200 Eagles.......I just copped the Black/Maze Zoom 2 for 99 Eagles at mi local Foot Locker.

Ill keep it real....

New Basketball kicks nowadays arent made for the casual sneaker cat. Theyre mad big and hard to freak w/ regular gear.

BUT

This whole kicks GAME was built on Basketball sneakers and to this day cats in my hood rock the latest Basketball joints and freak them w/ jeans/etc. Jordans still get crazy play by many muthafuckas, so im gonna stick to reppin the B-Ball sneaker up in herr regardless of the SS demograph which leans towards 90's retros and the rest. I rock those joints as well, no doubt. But dudes who be on that "those are some space boots" steez dont really know the history of the game.

No hatt.....I just prfer to reach towards the future in kicks steez as well as keepin a hand in the past.

Very nicely put!!

Thanks for the KB3 info.

• Options
    Ill keep it real....

See that's part of it, I went and tried on those Foamposites but just couldn't do it. Years of running shoes made my foot confused. I like those on the upper left of Yuichi's post though, the black/white ones.

BUT

Ahh believe me man we were bugging out here back in '86 for these...

they were hotter than Jordan's, probably because our mom's could afford them and dude's weren't robbing kids at the mall for them (we were 11-12). Also the James Worthy new balance was heat back then too. Then Airmax came the next year. But when I got up to high school I switched to runners and never looked back. I'm not a basketball fan, it is what it is.

I had a Sports Illustrated subscription since '83 (stopped in the '90s). My walls had two types of pictures taped on it...shoe ads and swimsuit models. Eventually the swimsuit models won out (yes Kathy Ireland), 'cept for the Bo Jackson 2-page Trainer ad, since we all bugged out over the velcro strap. All of those magazines and cutouts got thrown out, I checked a couple of years ago and only had a couple stray one's left.

Today's basketball shoes are just incredibly easy to clown on, they're like modern day Rorschach tests. One looks like a picket fence, another a powerboat, another an office building. Dudes who get upset over someone clowning their shoes shouldn't take themselves so seriously, it's playground talk plain and simple. Hemol took a three-page, multi-thread, half-a-year-long beating about his Cloudicorns??? and still posts up in here.

If these basketball joints are the future of kicks steez, that's fine with me. I got enough unworn here to have a new pair a month for a few years, and something tells me the Airmax side isn't going anywhere soon. Also saw some Adidas and New Balance in the new Sneaker Freaker that made me drool, plus a pair of Greedy Genius and Gravis too. Seems like a new brand is dropping every week.

• LuminLumin 807 Posts
    i had some weapons in 87. those were the joint.

and about those kobes, its not a matter of them being new and i only like old style basketball kicks. they are just ugly as sin. what is so special about them? what looks good about them? kobe wears them so they must be hot?

i had some weapons in 87. those were the joint.

and about those kobes, its not a matter of them being new and i only like old style basketball kicks. they are just ugly as sin. what is so special about them? what looks good about them? kobe wears them so they must be hot?

The Technology of all the Kobe shoes have been ahead of the game. So as far as comfort and performance, the shit is next level.

As far as Looks, thats a personal thang. "Knowing how to freak them cant be achieved by all."

• kobe wears them so they must be hot?

that is the goal, not sure if he reached that level yet or ever will. up until jordan retired, and maybe even still, his sneakers were always hot even when they were hideous.

i don't think any player will reach that level because the sneaker companies overdo it with the lowtop and mids, regional colors, special editions, etc. When the Jordans came out it used to be - the white jordans, and the black jordans. Things changed, but his sneaker status was at its peak before he started going crazy with the colors.

When the Jordans came out it used to be - the white jordans, and the black jordans. Things changed, but his sneaker status was at its peak before he started going crazy with the colors.

Here's another point to consider when discussing how ugly a basketball shoe is. I can imagine a designer must consider twice as many things when making a basketball shoe as opposed to a running shoe. An aspiring shoe design friend/basketball fiend that I know told me that Nike basketball shoes are especially known for function over form. So odds are, there's more simplicity in design for a New Balance jogging shoe or a shoe just for walking around the block in.

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    even though i dont collect runners, i do enjoy viewing this thread. batmon even once posted one of my favorite pair of shoes i own(which i own after seeing him post them), the hi-top creative recreations with the plaid design. but one thing that's always bugged me about nice looking shoes is...how do u wear your pants over the detail elemented shoes? i mean if you're wearing pants that hang over your shoes, all you see is the front tip of the shoe which i feel detracts from the overall aesthetics of it as the pants are covering the sides(which determine the looks of a majority of shoes..well at least in my mind). y'all arent wearing shorts are you? because if i invested the $ that some of these shoes cost, i'd want them viewed in their entirety...id even resort to wearing some floors or michael jackson pants circa moonwalking...i mean with pants slooping over shoes its like drivin a diablo with a massively oversized pork pie hat that would cover the perimeter of the car. is it all about sitting on the subway crosslegged to ride up your jeans? cause when im wearing my shoes mentioned earlier, i actually roll my jeans up. might as well be wearing slippers if you dont want people to see what your shoes look like under the jeans.

it got me thinking one day, what if u invented shoes where the front part was interchangeable? basically you buy a shoe that has a mould of 78% of the body with a replaceable tip of the shoe. i think its dynamic. imagine the possibilities with dress shoes that are all black. it's almost like a mullet, "party in the font, business in the back".

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts

I'm sayin'! Whoever said they looked like some drab ass office buildings was on point!

Yeah, but those things are like a Zaha Hadid office building, not some East German labor container. I wouldn't wear those shoes, but they have their freshness.

• There really is nothing like a tech basketball shoe for hitting the courts. Feels like slippers, with support and cushion. You could play full court all day.

I imagine those kicks are like that.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    y'all arent wearing shorts are you?

You scared doggie? Florida and Summer are hot. I definitely wear shorts above the knee too.

• Options
    'cept for the Bo Jackson 2-page Trainer ad, since we all bugged out over the velcro strap

Kind of a shot in the dark, but does anyone know if any sites have vintage print ads on them?

a bit off topic but anyone got recommendations for dressy boots? i'm a dr martens man since the 90s and was just wondering if there's something as rugged and looks classy? can go good with jeans and the work clothes.

• even though i dont collect runners, i do enjoy viewing this thread. batmon even once posted one of my favorite pair of shoes i own(which i own after seeing him post them), the hi-top creative recreations with the plaid design. but one thing that's always bugged me about nice looking shoes is...how do u wear your pants over the detail elemented shoes? i mean if you're wearing pants that hang over your shoes, all you see is the front tip of the shoe which i feel detracts from the overall aesthetics of it as the pants are covering the sides(which determine the looks of a majority of shoes..well at least in my mind). y'all arent wearing shorts are you? because if i invested the $ that some of these shoes cost, i'd want them viewed in their entirety...id even resort to wearing some floors or michael jackson pants circa moonwalking...i mean with pants slooping over shoes its like drivin a diablo with a massively oversized pork pie hat that would cover the perimeter of the car. is it all about sitting on the subway crosslegged to ride up your jeans? cause when im wearing my shoes mentioned earlier, i actually roll my jeans up. might as well be wearing slippers if you dont want people to see what your shoes look like under the jeans.

1) If your pants are so big that all you can see is the toe box, you need to go shopping for some new pants and throw away the JNCO's...

2) If you have some kicks that have some real crazy details on the upper that you want to show off, you can rock your pants behind the tongue (and/or perched on the back or sides or whatever, I've seen all kinds of crazy pant leg styles).

3) Most kicks have the noticeable details on the bottom part of the upper, the toe box, and the back. It's sort of unusual to want to show off the ankle part of the uppers, but some people do it, see 2 above.

• a bit off topic but anyone got recommendations for dressy boots? i'm a dr martens man since the 90s and was just wondering if there's something as rugged and looks classy? can go good with jeans and the work clothes.

Tons of styles available. Check the outlet mall in your area for a Timberland store, you can find good deals. Or if you have it, check the Nordstrom Rack discount store, they always have a ton of Timbs. These boots last forever. I've been wearing a couple pairs daily to work for about 3 years now and they still look the same as when I bought them.

even though i dont collect runners, i do enjoy viewing this thread. batmon even once posted one of my favorite pair of shoes i own(which i own after seeing him post them), the hi-top creative recreations with the plaid design. but one thing that's always bugged me about nice looking shoes is...how do u wear your pants over the detail elemented shoes? i mean if you're wearing pants that hang over your shoes, all you see is the front tip of the shoe which i feel detracts from the overall aesthetics of it as the pants are covering the sides(which determine the looks of a majority of shoes..well at least in my mind). y'all arent wearing shorts are you? because if i invested the $ that some of these shoes cost, i'd want them viewed in their entirety...id even resort to wearing some floors or michael jackson pants circa moonwalking...i mean with pants slooping over shoes its like drivin a diablo with a massively oversized pork pie hat that would cover the perimeter of the car. is it all about sitting on the subway crosslegged to ride up your jeans? cause when im wearing my shoes mentioned earlier, i actually roll my jeans up. might as well be wearing slippers if you dont want people to see what your shoes look like under the jeans.

1) If your pants are so big that all you can see is the toe box, you need to go shopping for some new pants and throw away the JNCO's...

2) If you have some kicks that have some real crazy details on the upper that you want to show off, you can rock your pants behind the tongue (and/or perched on the back or sides or whatever, I've seen all kinds of crazy pant leg styles).

3) Most kicks have the noticeable details on the bottom part of the upper, the toe box, and the back. It's sort of unusual to want to show off the ankle part of the uppers, but some people do it, see 2 above.

informative, thanks

• Somebody say Timbaland?

Mac 'n Cheese b/w Wheels of Steel

Nah, Air Force One.

• Options
    Only highs I ever bought...