weekend digs n' clons 5/26...

Comments

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    Down here at the Jersey Shore (Ocean City), hit up a thrift and came up on a mega-bomb private press deep soul funk electro-sexual gripper's delight. Never heard or seen this before.

[hype]It's a uber-private Philly Record on Bam-Buu (Not the George Freeman Bam-Boo). This one is produced by Charles Earland and his wife. Heavy electronics. Deep Deep deep. This is not the photo, but the copy I got was $2.00 (you sound poor) and mint unplayed. This is one of the bigger scores I've had in a while. [/hype]. Look for a real headz load in the next week.

I found a soundclip for a taste of the juice. Whole thing is pretty amazing though and listening to it makes me want to get fucked up on drugs. I did a bit of research (radomly there is a copy on ebay) and saw that Gilles Peterson had played this at some point. But other than that I'm not seeing any info anywhere. I'm assuming this is one of those "mythical raers" that I never seem to find in thine field. Lucky day.

WET YOUR VAGINA AND GET STOKED.

http://www.recordmania.se/media/radio.php?song=FJ7543A.mp3

Any info? Tripledouble or Philly Phil or Drew got this?

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    daaaang nate...chilllll.
    i found that with a friend of mine not recently ago and didnt remember liking it all that much. it is the same bambu as george frrman, just different spelling. seen it a couple imtes since thenl

• hendravishendravis 689 Posts
    albert dailey- the day after dawn.

The album is . Atleast for some.

souptoast , your graem use is out of control,

do really think that album is

or r u just sayin that??

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

That's pretty dope.

• hendravishendravis 689 Posts

That's pretty dope.

dam thats sum farround sounding stuff !
    let us kno how tha rest goes ovar

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
    Got to be the same bam-boo/bam-buu label tho, it's the same logo.

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts

I found a soundclip for a taste of the juice. Whole thing is pretty amazing though and listening to it makes me want to get fucked up on drugs. I did a bit of research (radomly there is a copy on ebay[/b]) and saw that Gilles Peterson had played this at some point. But other than that I'm not seeing any info anywhere. I'm assuming this is one of those "mythical raers" that I never seem to find in thine field. Lucky day.
    Where? That mp3 clip was magic.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

I found a soundclip for a taste of the juice. Whole thing is pretty amazing though and listening to it makes me want to get fucked up on drugs. I did a bit of research (radomly there is a copy on ebay[/b]) and saw that Gilles Peterson had played this at some point. But other than that I'm not seeing any info anywhere. I'm assuming this is one of those "mythical raers" that I never seem to find in thine field. Lucky day.
    Where? That mp3 clip was magic.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270122988145

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    funkyou!

Can a dude buy a strange private and interesting sounding record for $50 these days?

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Can a dude buy a strange private and interesting sounding record for $50 these days?

It's not looking good.

Got to be the same bam-boo/bam-buu label tho, it's the same logo.

You think they sent an intern to the pressing plant and he spelled the label name wrong?

It says it's "BR 005".....

What is the complete Bam-boo/bam-buu discog?

-George Freeman "Franticdiagnosis"
    -Edwin Birdsong "Survival of the Fitest"
    -The Diddys Featuring Paige Douglas "Agony and Extasy"

What else?

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    funkyou!

Does funkyou employ digging elves to assist him? The quantity AND quality of the titles he has up for auction is consistently astounding.

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts

found a nice stack of soul/funk 45's at one of the thrifts, all were pretty
    common though i'd never seen this one before, the most interesting of the bunch too

Considering that a bootleg can sell for over $100 US ,
    I think there's a good chance that it's a fairly valuable record ...

its fairly common around these parts. A NM copy might get you around 40-50 bones.

• DJ_NevilleCDJ_NevilleC 1,922 Posts
    Today's eBay action:

This is one of my favorite salsa albums ever. I found my copy about ten years ago. It looked horrible but has played beautifully for years. The opening piano and the whole first song "El Verdadero Son" just jumps off the grooves. Amazing stuff. Congrats.

• I dont often post in these threads but this weekend turned up some goodies:

Popcorn LP though the german issue...
    SSO "shine your light" lp

Peace,

Dress

Cross posting. All for good deals.

What's the deal with this babtunde. Tepid private jazz funk. Who wants this? Hollareth.

After much nagging I listened to the flip of the jarvis street revue and I am still not feeling it. It's a little to pop for me. Intermission, though, shreds.

• facesdfacesd 236 Posts
    Down here at the Jersey Shore (Ocean City), hit up a thrift and came up on a mega-bomb private press deep soul funk electro-sexual gripper's delight. Never heard or seen this before.

[hype]It's a uber-private Philly Record on Bam-Buu (Not the George Freeman Bam-Boo). This one is produced by Charles Earland and his wife. Heavy electronics. Deep Deep deep. This is not the photo, but the copy I got was $2.00 (you sound poor) and mint unplayed. This is one of the bigger scores I've had in a while. [/hype]. Look for a real headz load in the next week.

"Intergalactic Love Song" off this LP destroys....

• The Ides of March - Vehicle
    Jean Michele Jarre - Oxygene
    Centipede - Septober Energy
    Spirit - S/T
    Cold Blood - Sisyphus
    Gabor Szabo - Dreams
    McCoy Tyner - Sahara
    Wilson Pickett - Hey Jude
    James Brown - Say It Loud (I'm Black and I'm Proud)

I need a new camera.

• JayGeeJayGee 313 Posts

Anyone with a spare copy of this one?

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    fleas and yard sales over the weekend: nothing was over 2 bucks! and most in nice shape (a couple of the early rap 12"s are a little iffy though)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/devotron01/DSCF0064-1.jpg

yes, underneath that marker ink is the rappermatical 5.

a couple of psych/garage 45s too --

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

I found a soundclip for a taste of the juice. Whole thing is pretty amazing though and listening to it makes me want to get fucked up on drugs. I did a bit of research (radomly there is a copy on ebay) and saw that Gilles Peterson had played this at some point. But other than that I'm not seeing any info anywhere. I'm assuming this is one of those "mythical raers" that I never seem to find in thine field. Lucky day.

WET YOUR VAGINA AND GET STOKED.

http://www.recordmania.se/media/radio.php?song=FJ7543A.mp3

that's a pretty decent sample. i'd love to hear the rest.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/xygp87

Enjoy.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    That record might be good, but a lotta Big Black records I've heard have been disappointing.

Yeah this one has a little more funk to it than some others I've heard. It's african funk for the most part. I'm no classification expert so somebody may correct me, but when I play this record, that's what I hear. It's not spectacular, but for $3, it was a good find. The song "Lion Walk" is the whole a side, changes up a bit but has some nice grooves to it. Sitting here at work, I remember the b side as having an uptempo boogie type funk track, a slow snoozer, and something else.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

Thanks, Nate.

FREE THE MUSIC!!!

Thanks, Nate.

FREE THE MUSIC!!!

I recorded the 1st track twice on accident. The link below should replace track 3 on the original above.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/l541gv

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    Am I the only one having trouble with this and the other link? I keep getting an error message or server capacity blahblah. That recordmania clip got me fiendin'.

• @Swayze..damn! what a find.. for less then bucks..

but on the diddys joint, anyone any luck with it? The dude who put it in the complilation got famous by puttin this one in his gaype..euh i mean tape.

• What is this GAME record down here , what label what artist?