Jerry Falwell is Dead

Comments

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck it ain't a motherfucking mongoose.

That is EXACTLY what I'm saying!!

I know i'm arguing with one of those water drinking birds that keeps coming back for more but dude you DO realize that you can fight homophobia without fighting islam, right? that islam itself is way more complex than simple hate, and that lambasting it for being simple homophobia is

fuck this i'm not even finishing my sentence.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck it ain't a motherfucking mongoose.

That is EXACTLY what I'm saying!!

I know i'm arguing with one of those water drinking birds that keeps coming back for more but dude you DO realize that you can fight homophobia without fighting islam, right? that islam itself is way more complex than simple hate, and that lambasting it for being simple homophobia is

fuck this i'm not even finishing my sentence.

Rockadelic: "But Jerry Fallwell was ALSO more complex than simple hate!"

Rich, do I have this down yet?

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Rich,

you don't get it - you're not in a position to make demands of anyone here in terms of controlling the mode of debate. You have, once again, repeated the same false analogy that everyone has uniformly rejected as being relevant to anything. That you keep insisting on repeating it - accomapnied by "you tell me....true or false!" demands only speaks to the arrogance of your approach that I'm suggesting is off putting.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    fair enough....what "kind" of Government has executed more people for being gay in the last 40 years than any other??

In the last 40 years that might be Nazi Germany that was a Christian country, but had a secular dictatorship.

What does that do to your theory?

You obviously just want to obsesses about Muslims.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

In the last 40 years that might be Nazi Germany

no.

In the last 40 years that might be Nazi Germany

no.

Top 5???

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Rich,

you don't get it - you're not in a position to make demands of anyone here in terms of controlling the mode of debate. You have, once again, repeated the same false analogy that everyone has uniformly rejected as being relevant to anything. That you keep insisting on repeating it - accomapnied by "you tell me....true or false!" demands only speaks to the arrogance of your approach that I'm suggesting is off putting.

I get it.....you want to dispute me without actually acknowledging what I've said....I tried to boil it down to the most basic level, others just want to continue with rhetoric.

Folks are much better off saying "You think All Gays Kill Muslims" and leaving it at that....it makes them feel good and keeps them from having to actually look at a reality they would rather ignore.

I've only resorted to a "true or false" appraoch after a full day of misinterpretations and assumptions by folks who obviously did not understand my sentiments.

The fact that you won't or can't answer those three simple questions reveals a lot about the whole topic and those folks who reply with photos, wise cracks and insults.

4,000 homosexuals executed, yet somehow, no one is to blame....or at least no one here besides me wants to place blame....amazing.

fair enough....what "kind" of Government has executed more people for being gay in the last 40 years than any other??

In the last 40 years that might be Nazi Germany that was a Christian country, but had a secular dictatorship.

Nazi's were still at it in 1967....wow, I DO need to type less and study more!!!

Nazi's were still at it in 1967....wow, I DO need to type less and study more!!!

My bad, I'm not a good at math!

Iran?

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

Iran?

YES! AND IRAN ARE MUSLIMS! MUSLIMS = EVIL!!! VERY GOOD JOEL>

Dare I say, if Rock's views in this thread were as patently anti-Semitic as they are anti-Islamic, I wonder if you'd be so charitable.

Please explain how quoting Islamic Law, stating that said Islamic law finds homosexuality a crime, and giving accurate figures on how many people have been executed via said laws is considered "Anti-Islamic"??

This is like saying that claiming Hitler killed Jews is "Anti-Nazi"

Rock,

There are very few countries that use Islamic law. They do happen to have anti-gay laws though. There are Muslim countries that have secular governments, that also have anti-gay laws. There are also Muslim countries, with secular governments that do not have anti-gay laws.

Religion obviously plays a role in politics and culture around the world, but there also obviously has to be something else going on besides Islam to account for those countries' laws on gays.

The majority of secular governments in the world apparently have anti-gay laws, whether they have a Muslim population or not. Does that mean secularism is the "real" cause if "hating gays"?

So its not mainstream Muslims, or radical muslims, or people under a caliphate, or secular Muslims?

So when people were criticizing Falwell they were being hypocrites for not also criticizing Muslim countries that used Islamic law to execute gays?

It took you 14-15 pages for you to actually come up with a specific group of people?

They're still not related Rock.

Example: You failed to criticize the majority of secular non-Muslim governments around the world that have anti-gay laws. Hypocrite!

Iran?

34 out of 54 countries in Africa have anti-gay laws. Africans are mostly black. Black people hate gays!

Iran?

34 out of 54 countries in Africa have anti-gay laws. Africans are mostly black. Black people hate gays!

Jerry Falwell hates gays because he TRIED to pass anti-Gay laws.....every one else is exempt.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

Iran?

Jerry Falwell hates gays because he TRIED to pass anti-Gay laws.....every one else is exempt.
    YOU ARE A MORON

[quote-
    Jerry Falwell hates gays because he TRIED to pass anti-Gay laws.....every one else is exempt. YOU ARE A MORON
    Deej....In the nicest way possible......Fuck You

And Jonny.....YES...Muslims who execute people for being gay are evil.

When I resort to FU's it's time to stop......get in all the shots you want.

FR/GFT

• BeardedDBeardedD 770 Posts
    RICH COME OFF IT

Without exaggeration, you are the most homophobic person I know.

Talk about hypocrisy.

RICH COME OFF IT

Talk about hypocrisy.

Wel, well well....look who slithered out from under a "rock".

I hate little lying twerps who send me condoms in the mail, if that makes me homophobic so be it.

Now crawl back in your hole.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    You dudes are a bunch of hyenas man. Is it not enough for 3 dudes to take on Rockadelic? (ayo).

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    You dudes are a bunch of hyenas man. Is it not enough for 3 dudes to take on Rockadelic? (ayo).

Well, at least he has you to defend him

And, if you think that going up against 20 people at
    once isn't exactly how Rich wants it, then you are even
    more naive than I already suspected.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Jerry who?

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

but did y'all come and get it how you knew Rock wanted it?

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    RICH COME OFF IT

Talk about hypocrisy.

Wel, well well....look who slithered out from under a "rock".

I hate little lying twerps who send me condoms in the mail, if that makes me homophobic so be it.

Now crawl back in your hole.

is BeardedD Guzzo?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

is BeardedD Guzzo?

Guzzo actually bit that move from BeardedD (and, no, I am not joking).

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

Well, at least he has you to defend him

Sure buddy!

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Rock, I don???t expect you to make these comparisons, but there are actually lots of countries around the world that are NOT Muslim that have anti-gay laws. In fact, there are Muslim countries that have secular governments that ALSO have anti-homosexual laws. I think it???s a ???double standard??? to only criticize religious bigotry against gays and not mention the secular bigotry as well.

Many of these countries have Muslim communities, but all of them have secular governments. If you can???t tell, but almost EVERY African country has anti-gay laws and punishments, whether they have Muslims or not, and even though they have secular governments. About half of Asia also, including India, which is the 2nd largest populated country in the world, has anti-gay laws. There are also many countries in the Caribbean that are Christian or Catholic that also have anti-gay laws and secular governments

AFRICAN COUNTRIES:
    Algeria ??? secular Muslim country ???can be fined or jailed
    Angola ??? can be put in labor cants
    Benin ??? can be put in prison
    Botswana ???can be put in prison
    Cameroon ??? can be put in prison
    Djibouti ??? has anti-gay laws
    Eritrea ??? can be put in prison
    Ethiopia ???can be put in prison
    Gambia ??? can be put in prison
    Ghana ??? can be put in prison
    Guinea ??? can be put in prison
    Guinea Bissau ??? labor camps
    Kenya ??? can be imprisoned
    Lesotho ??? has anti-gay laws
    Liberia ??? can be fined
    Libya ??? can be fined or imprisoned
    Malawi ??? can be imprisoned
    Mauritania ??? can get death penalty
    Mauritius ??? can be imprisoned
    Mozambique ??? can get labor camp
    Nigeria ??? can be fined, imprisoned, death penalty
    Sao Tome ??? can be put into labor camps
    Senegal ??? prison
    Seychelles ??? anti-gay laws
    Sierra Leone ??? life in prison
    Somalia ??? Death or prison
    Sudan ??? prison or death
    Swaziland ??? prison or fine
    Tanazania ??? Life in prison
    Togo ??? prison
    Tunisia ??? prison
    Uganda ??? fine or life in prison
    Zambia ??? fine or prison
    Zimbabwe ??? fine or prison

ASIAN COUNTRIES:
    Bahrain ??? fine or prison
    Bangladesh ??? prison or life
    Bhutan ??? anti-gay lawss
    Brunei ??? fine or prison
    Chechnya ??? caning or death
    India ??? Life or prison
    Iran ??? death
    Kuwait ??? fine or jail
    Lebanon ??? fine or jail
    Malaysia ??? fine or jail
    Maldives ??? fine or jail
    Burma ??? life or prison
    Nepal ??? fine or jail
    Oman ??? fine or jail
    Pakistan ??? life or prison
    Qatar ??? prison
    Singapore ??? life or prison
    Sri Lanka ??? Prison or fine
    Syria ??? prison or fine
    UAE ??? death
    Uzbekistan ??? fine or prison
    Yemen ??? death or flogging

EUROPEAN COUNTRIES:
    Turkey ??? prison

AMERICAS:
    Antigua and Barbuda ??? prison
    Barbados ??? Life
    Belize ??? prison
    Dominica ??? prison
    Grenada ??? prison
    Jamaica ??? prison
    Nicaragua ??? jail
    Saint Kitts ??? prison
    Saint Lucia ??? prison
    St. Vincent ??? fine or prison
    Trinidad & Tobago ??? fine or prison
    Guyana ??? life

And Turkey, Indonesia, Jordan, Egypt and Iraq are Muslim countries that have secular governments but no anti-gay laws

Thank you. I was going to post this, but the research got tedious.

Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't the good ol USA have antisodomy laws? Seems to me that elected officals from Texas were recently arguing a sodomy case at the supreme court. Doesn't Rock elect officials in Texas?

• If I'm not mistaken, the TX sodomy law was overturned.

But a law being on the books doesn't necessarily matter in this country as far as carrying them out. I don't know if it's the same with regard to anti-homosexuality laws in Islam, and I'm pretty sure I don't want to get mixed up in this imbroglio, anyhow.

Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't the good ol USA have antisodomy laws? Seems to me that elected officals from Texas were recently arguing a sodomy case at the supreme court. Doesn't Rock elect officials in Texas?

I did indeed post earlier in this thread that there are sodomy laws on the books but that the way they are written they apply to all people, not just homosexuals.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Can't vouch for the SOURCE , but I was just trying to confirm
    what I had already read about Massachusetts:

Oral sex is illegal in Alabama, Arizona, Florida, Idaho,
    Kansas, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Mississippi, Georgia,
    North and South Carolina, Oklahoma, Oregon, Rhode Island,
    Utah, Virginia and Washington, D.C.